• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II update coming in October, DLC to follow

Grayman

so what do we get for spec II and what is from the wallet?

I want motorbikes, and a faster ui, much faster, faster than the bikes.

Slackbladder said:
Yep, good news. Hopefully it'll be some good stuff. Saying Spec 2 suggests it'll be more than a a minor tweak. Perhaps replay editing, saving in an endurance race and new special events will be added too. Maybe a change to the GUI even? And the DLC? Maybe 20 cars and Spa?

Maybe a proper game in there? GT5 is great for driving but its so bare bones in actual game.

amar212 said:
EA have exclusive Huayra rights from May to November (6 months from Shift 2 release) and DLC is clearly stated for the first week of November.

However, I presume how actual content of the update will be revealed in days to come so many surprises could await us, not just Huayra.

I thought EA said that they have the rights for all of 2011?

amar212

I am also thinking about some Vita integration.

We all know about Vita's capability to Remote Play PS3 games.

Since no official entry for Vita have been announced from PD, maybe they're coding GT5 to work with the new platform too.

It would breed so much life into my B-Spec career :D

STG

9gKu9.jpg

finally!

KKRT00

amar212 said:

Since no official entry for Vita have been announced from PD, maybe they're coding GT5 to work with the new platform too.

They dont have RAM for headtracking in races, so i woudnt count for Vita remote play :p

I saw this on GTplanet (credit SHIRAKAWA Akira)

Kaz_Yamauchi: to every Japanese. This is about the first time we're inviting every user to the Polyphony Studio Tour. It's going to be exciting. http://t.co/MiP4y3hd

the top 10 japanese times in the Mercedes Time Trial will battle for the finals at the Mercedes Benz Connection on 15th October at Tokyo, Roppongi.
There, they will have the chance to test drive a real SLS AMG. Polyphony Digital will also offer them a tour to their studios. 40 people will be randomly selected (among a pool of those who filled a form after the end of the event) to watch the finals in person. These people will all receive a small mascot as a gift.

Usy2Q.jpg

Seems like PD are starting to slowly open up.

Mush

This is going to a weird double edged sword for Sony. On one hand, you've had previous "DLC" given out free of charge by PD. But you've got to think with all the money sunk into GT5 and the hype that will build up around the fresh content, will Sony stick their fingers in the juicy moolah pie?

Myansie

web01 said:
Really hard to support DLC for a game like this that was released uncomplete and
still has alot of issues that need fixing.

Will have to wait and see what it is, but if it is premium cars then all respect is lost for PD.

EDIT: if they charge for updated PS2 tracks that would be an even bigger dick move!

Isn't this a free update?

offshore

Really hope all the old GT4 tracks are made available. Sure, the GT4 tracks they included in GT5 look like total shite, but I've really missed Midfield and Tahiti.

And a livery editor. Need a livery editor.

Double H

amar212 said:

PPkMW.jpg

Maybe an application like Yonis' B-Spec Grinder but on steroids?

3rd week of October? More like first week of November considering Polyphony's history sticking to a schedule.

Awesome news. Can't wait.

How have previous Spec II updates handled integrating the new cars and tracks? New A-Spec events? Here's hoping they include a complete, revamped, campaign.

SmokyDave

Good stuff. TBH, I've drifted away from GT5 and back to Race07 because all the menus finally got to me. I really hope there's a UI overhaul.

captscience said:

How have previous Spec II updates handled integrating the new cars and tracks? New A-Spec events? Here's hoping they include a complete, revamped, campaign.

This was the Spec 2 update for GT5P

Additional Cars
- 34 Additional Cars have been added, for a total of 71 cars. [Additional Car List]

Additional Racetrack
- “High Speed Ring (normal/reverse)” has been added, for a total of 6 tracks, 12 layouts.

Additional Mode
- Drift Trial
- 2 Player Battle

New Features
- Performance Points
- Quick Tune
- Real Time Adjustment (RA) feature (Compatible with Driving Force GT)

Event
- All event content have been updated.
- Number of events per class raised from 8 to a total of 10 each.
- Improvements have been made to the user interface

Driving Options
- “AI Level” added
- No. of Laps added
- “Driving line” added
- “Active Brakes” deleted
- “Active Steering” moved from Option (Can be adjusted in 3 levels, effective for wireless control pad as well).

Option
- Added No. of laps setting for “Arcade / 2 P“ (Infinite/2-00)
- Added “Units” (Distance, Power, Torque)
- Added “Demo” (Auto demo start interval, demo duration, demo content settings)
- Added real time adjustment feature related items in “Change Button Assignments”
- Added “Temperature” display settings under “Network”
- Added “Delete Course Records”(offline) under “Utilities”

- Added Free Run (practice run mode) in race events
- Changed so that the host is not always in the 1st place grid position in online race events

Other
- Garage selection added to Event and Online
- 4 stages including Kyoto added to the My Page background
- Measures taken against taking shortcuts in various tracks
- Improved penalty judgment
- Upper limit of credits raised to Cr.20,000,000
- Compatibility with the Driving Force GT steering wheel planned for release by Logicool®
- Improved controllability using the wireless controller pad
- Updated Manual
- Tyre selection in Arcade fixed to S2

Caution
- Key assignments will be reset by the update.
- Ranking will be reset by the update.
- 1,540MB or more HDD space is required for the update
- Please read other contents under “Please read before updating” for more details.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gt5-prologue-spec-ii-complete-list-of-changes/

magawolaz

captscience said:

With Spec II and III in GT5P they added a track and a bunch of cars.

offshore said:
Really hope all the old GT4 tracks are made available. Sure, the GT4 tracks they included in GT5 look like total shite, but I've really missed Midfield and Tahiti.

Tracks are tracks. The environment could be in 8-bit, for all I care, all I need is the tarmac to drive on.

anddo0

Sintoid said:
DLC?? Someone told Yamauchi they exist!!!!

In my opinion, what they've been doing with seasonal events, tuning the game here and there, is much better than most current gen dlc offerings. I'm all for meaningful dlc, but the game has been doing fine without it.

That being said, bring it on! I still play the game regularly, thanks to seasonal events. So Spec II and the potential dlc is welcome.

offshore

brotkasten said:
Tracks are tracks. The environment could be in 8-bit, for all I care, all I need is the tarmac to drive on.
I don't disagree.

Although I would kill for a "premium" Midfield/Tahiti/Rome Night track combo. :drool:

anddo0 said:
In my opinion, what they've been doing with seasonal events, tuning the game here and there, is much better than most current gen dlc offerings. I'm all for meaningful dlc, but the game has been doing fine without it.

That being said, bring it on! I still play the game regularly, thanks to seasonal events. So Spec II and the potential dlc is welcome.
I disagree. Those things can't replace new content and considering that half of GT5 is GT4 HD (hyperbole, I know), this game could need some new content. Even with the seasonal events, you're still driving on the same old tracks, with the same old cars and that's frustrating, if you don't want to drive standard cars due to the lack of cockpit view (I'm one of them and them).

Toxa

I'll tell you a riddle. You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you don't know for sure. But it doesn't matter because it's the Hype Train.

Did they ever fix the way you couldn't adjust the music volume in game? The fact you had to go back through about 5 different menus and a few long loading screens just to change the volume was fucking crazy. It should be right there on the wheel god damn it!

offshore

Majine said:
They'll probably rerelease GT5 with all the DLC and Spec 2 on the disc.
Makes you wonder why Sony didn't wait until Spec II was released and then print the recently released platinum version with Spec II on the disc. Probably would have got a fair bit few double-dippers from people with slow net speeds or people who just can't be bothered downloading and updating.

I'd have bought another copy, no question.

Angst

If this update is as meaty as I believe it will be (and looking at GT5P and Kaz' use of "Spec II" it should be) GT5 will eat up all my racing game time for a long time.

dose

I have GT5 already but haven't played it a lot in sp. I guess it's not worth starting to get stuck into it yet until this update.

At fucking last. I'm hoping for at least 50 premium cars but I know we'll probably only get 5 and it will cost like $10.

C_H_T said:
Yeah, sth like GT5 GOTY edition.

You actually have to win some GOTY awards to call it a GOTY edition though.

Top Bottom