• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

McLaren / Gran Turismo / Senna tie up banderas.gif

Is Kazzie in the UK?

It's happening, McLaren have set up for tomorrow's announcement:

1655677_10152224218931413_506696944_o.jpg

Watevaman

Despite all my bitching, if they add those cars to GT6 I may have to pick up a copy next time it's on sale.

But that's not what this is about, right?

ruttyboy

McLaren posted it on Facebook.

GT6 update and McLaren announcement this week. Kazzie is going to make it rain MP4s banderas.gif

Ah cool, partial excite then. I'm not expecting anything solid though, probably just another promise of content to come through collaboration rather than confirmation of anything.

Solal

Just 2 questions here cause i am a bit confused:

do we know exactly what the GPS feature will be ? Because I don't remember PD explainign anything about it.

do we know what the partnership with "Senna" will mean, concretely? Cars? Tracks? Suits? Challenges?

ACtually I don't even know what I am expecting from the update anymore...do you?

Something for the 20th anniversary of his death? It was Ron Dennis talking about Senna and his time at McLaren, maybe they filmed it and will release it in May.

ruttyboy

Just 2 questions here cause i am a bit confused:

do we know exactly what the GPS feature will be ? Because I don't remember PD explainign anything about it.

do we know what the partnership with "Senna" will mean, concretely? Cars? Tracks? Suits? Challenges?

ACtually I don't even know what I am expecting from the update anymore...do you?

If you stitched together all the comments from PD on it, we know fairly well what has been promised. However what it will be when (if?) it actually arrives is a different matter unfortunately.

The Senna partnership is far more vague, I think we've been told that we will be able to 'follow his early career', and a percentage of GT6 sales is going to the Senna Foundation, but that's pretty much it AFAIK.

Personally I think the update will just be another VGT car, a few undocumented bug fixes (and possibly a few introduced bugs) and nothing more. Then it's back to radio silence for a few months.

Solal

If you stitched together all the comments from PD on it, we know fairly well what has been promised. However what it will be when (if?) it actually arrives is a different matter unfortunately.

The Senna partnership is far more vague, I think we've been told that we will be able to 'follow his early career', and a percentage of GT6 sales is going to the Senna Foundation, but that's pretty much it AFAIK.

Personally I think the update will just be another VGT car, a few undocumented bug fixes (and possibly a few introduced bugs) and nothing more. Then it's back to radio silence for a few months.

Tx Ruttyboy... but can you please explain what the GPS feature is about ? Will we be able to make our own tracks just recording GPS data (with what device?)? Has it been confirmed explicitly?
I was under the impression that it's more some kind of VERY OPTIMISTC interpretation than a real official explanation...am i wrong?

I remember when the pics of GT5 came out and we could see temperature, time of day, weather..many (and I) concluded that the game would be synchronisedt with real life weather...which never happened.
When B-spec was presented, we all thought we would be able to team up with our bobs for endurance races...never happened (still don't understand why btw).
When Topgear was announced, we believed that we would get The Stig's time board and be able to challenge his times (even updated times every week!)...never happened...
When Loeb, NASCAR, Vettel were announced...etc etc etc...

I guess you see my point.

Stupid, annoying and ridiculous hyperbole is his shtick. He always talks bullshit about how this is going to happen and how that is going to happen, in every single thread. It's his joke character persona and while it can be funny, it's mostly annoying when he does that in the same thread over and over again. Just look back at his previous posts in this thread. "Omg, classic 70s Formula 1 cars CONFIRMED!!!!!1111".

benzy

Does anyone else find the game running worse since the last update? Bathurst has been the track I've raced on the most and I've noticed ridiculous frame rate drops just on the straightaways now, in time trial with just one car. It's not just choppy, but they added some kind of low quality motion blur to try to smooth things when the frames do drop, but it just ends up looking like a choppy slow motion blur effect. Never noticed the blur effect before the update, nor this amount of slowdown. It's really noticeable in cockpit.

ruttyboy

Tx Ruttyboy... but can you please explain what the GPS feature is about ? Will we be able to make our own tracks just recording GPS data (with what device?)? Has it been confirmed explicitly?
I was under the impression that it's more some kind of VERY OPTIMISTC interpretation than a real official explanation...am i wrong?

I remember when the pics of GT5 came out and we could see temperature, time of day, weather..many (and I) concluded that the game would be synchronisedt with real life weather...which never happened.
When B-spec was presented, we all thought we would be able to team up with our bobs for endurance races...never happened (still don't understand why btw).
When Topgear was announced, we believed that we would get The Stig's time board and be able to challenge his times (even updated times every week!)...never happened...
When Loeb, NASCAR, Vettel were announced...etc etc etc...

I guess you see my point.

I don't think devices or method of capture were ever specified explicitly (I think it was implied it would use the 'GT mobile' app, that also is nowhere to be seen), but it was clear that we would be able to upload GPS locational data into the game to recreate real life roads.

BUT as I said, and you mention, what has been promised is in no way a good indicator of what will happen so it's not really worth trawling through all the announcements and stuff.

I'm resigned at this point to just seeing how much, if anything they can put together to save a bit of face.

Just had a look at the back of the box to see if the bullet points were explicitly wrong, and there's only two! In fact the spacing makes it looks like there should be more but maybe they got pulled? The blurb above certainly reads like it needs more points to make sense.

The little Playstation Network box does say, "Create your own clubs and thrilling 16 player races.", which although totally incorrect, was supposed to be included in the January update, so maybe they thought it was safe to leave that on there. I mean, what could go wrong?

If that is the case, the fact that they were happy to leave something in that they thought would come a month after release could mean they pulled the GPS stuff from the text because they knew it was much further out. And as we still haven't got the stuff planned for a month post launch, who knows when we'll see the rest... I wish they'd just be honest and explain what is going on, shit happens, but when they say nothing it just leads to rampant speculation (like above).

Jilt

I'm quite miffed with PD right now. Japanese perfectionism is one thing, but I just want these guys to produce something. I hope some DLC and update (sound please) is coming to GT6 soon, 'cause I'm a bit GT tired......

Can somebody please put me back in to a good GT mood?

Kukuk

Banned
Just curious: have the sound whiners tried playing with the music turned off, and using a car new to GT6? Some of the new cars sound fantastic. The '13 Viper in particular sounds absolutely sinister. (As it should)

ruttyboy

I'm quite miffed with PD right now. Japanese perfectionism is one thing, but I just want these guys to produce something. I hope some DLC and update (sound please) is coming to GT6 soon, 'cause I'm a bit GT tired......

Can somebody please put me back in to a good GT mood?

How about this?

Spec 2.0 incoming!

Next VGT car at most :(

Jilt

Just curious: have the sound whiners tried playing with the music turned off, and using a car new to GT6? Some of the new cars sound fantastic. The '13 Viper in particular sounds absolutely sinister. (As it should)

Some sounds are great, for instance the new sound for de X2014 (junior) cars. The Viper is okay, sinister, true. The sound of the Audi S1 is WAY off. And music in GT6? There is no music in GT6, not since GT1.....

How about this?

Spec 2.0 incoming!

Damn I hope so!!
Just having a hard time believing....

sCHOCOLATE

Not a sound whiner. Haven't tried the Viper in GT6 as yet. Question:

Does "sinister" = reasonably accurate V10 engine note?

Kukuk

Banned
It misses deepness in sound and loudness, otherwise I think it is pretty accurate like the V10 of the Viper sounds.

I don't think it sounds like it's missing anything. The idle sound in particular sounds very full, with the proper rumble any everything. Also sounds really good revving up.

It is worth mentioning, that it sounds completely different in the third-person perspective, versus the cockpit/roof/first person views. (As, of course, do all the engines)

-Amon-

I don't think it sounds like it's missing anything. The idle sound in particular sounds very full, with the proper rumble any everything. Also sounds really good revving up.

It is worth mentioning, that it sounds completely different in the third-person perspective, versus the cockpit/roof/first person views. (As, of course, do all the engines)

Agreed. The problem is that unluckily there are too few cars that received the correct treatment sound - wise.

So GTP Jordan lied again and his rock solid source was from SCEA - lol. There's no hope left.

Excluding any Senna content we may get in May, it's clear we're going to get drip fed these shit VGT cars and Polyphony Course Maker tracks until Spec II - which we'll get in December for the one-year anniversary.

GT6 car sound can be altered in the same way as Live for Speed:

untitled-1rfq6p.jpg

The creator of the hybrid tool is looking into adding the options in a future update, why can't Polyphony do something like this officially?

Top Bottom