• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Jedi2016

Perhaps I'm not describing it correctly or it's a known and accepted occurence.

For the single-player events I've experienced thus far, the on-screen clock stops once when my car crosses the finish line, but then adds a fraction of time to the actual result. This has made me scratch my head for more than one challenge event.

If I see the clock stop when my car crosses the line, I expect that time to be registered as final.

Am I misinterpreting the fraction of time added?
No, I've seen it too. Particularly frustrating when you're trying to gold a license test, and you have it according to the first number, but you miss it according to the final number.

ruttyboy

Perhaps I'm not describing it correctly or it's a known and accepted occurence.

For the single-player events I've experienced thus far, the on-screen clock stops once when my car crosses the finish line, but then adds a fraction of time to the actual result. This has made me scratch my head for more than one challenge event.

If I see the clock stop when my car crosses the line, I expect that time to be registered as final.

Am I misinterpreting the fraction of time added?

OH that! Yeah, that's not inconsistant, that's just wrong :) I thought you meant that lap to lap it was recording different times erroneously.

Ted

I should definitely be available tonight, we still on?

I'm going to be around so up for some racing, had a long pub lunch with Mrs and now she's engrossed in Game of Thrones so I should be good.

I'll start a lobby soonish and post.

Ted

Room up, "Clean, stock, premium cars", race for fun, srf/asm off. Currently at GP/D.

Anyone who is online come and race.

Lobby code:

CLOSED

Gt6 editor updated with the first audio options, allows you to swap engine and turbo sounds

formula gt with the redbull standard sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1EkicJLPIs

Yotube blows on android, why does it double my uploads with a silent version?

granturismo6_2m8s2v.png

Banderas.gif

Ted

Sorry about jumping out suddenly, I had to.

It was fun, if not embarrassing for me. I need to invest more time into this game.

No problem Norante.

I wouldn't worry about positions mate, I raced GT5 for the best part of a year with those guys and probably won no more than 5 races! I had some good times and learnt a lot though and did get marginally quicker as a result.

And besides Rutty kept GAFs end up well anyhow and everyone had some good races.

To go with the more general theme of the thread *grins*, hosting did make me think of a couple of moans:

- Why is the games preset "loaner" garage so weak? Add a bunch more cars in there PD so when hosting an "all stock" lobby a wider variety of cars can be used without having to ascertain whether everyone actually owns the car and hasn't added any non-reversible mods (aero).

- The kick button needs an additional confirmation (sorry Italian chap if you are a Gaffer).

- Take the track voting interface back to the old, smaller one. The new style means the chat box can't be seen during voting (and with the amount of tracks you can be scrolling for a while!).

- If we had an an expanded selection of loaners a car vote system would be dreamy.

[EDIT - happy to host again - it's good to wield power lol]

GT6 is £15 new, delivered, at Zavvi right now.

Worth it at that price?

Man, this hurts so much, considering I bought it day one, at full price and digital, too.

But yes, I'd say it's worth that much.

Now if only we'd get a small signal from PD that they're still working on the game.

offshore

GT6 is £15 new, delivered, at Zavvi right now.
Oh man I think I'm gonna cry :lol

If the guys I was racing with in 5 had have hopped straight over to 6, then paying £35 on release wouldn't have bothered me... but they haven't [and won't], so it's been £35 wasted. Serves me right tho, I guess.

Mascot

Seems like a steal at £15 but I've got such a backlog I think I'll cool my jets for a few more months and hope it gets even cheaper and/or gets more patches with fixes.

ruttyboy

Good racing guys, some of GT6GAF and some of my old buddies. Good times.

Yeah definitely, great laugh, I'd be well up for doing it again!

Apologies to GNRcat by the way for hijacking his course choice, I didn't see the message from Ted saying not to vote until after I'd voted...

andylsun

Yeah definitely, great laugh, I'd be well up for doing it again!

Apologies to GNRcat by the way for hijacking his course choice, I didn't see the message from Ted saying not to vote until after I'd voted...

Thanks for the racing at the weekend. Great to have some good online and everyone was very well behaved.

Bathurst day to night was amazing with the city lights in the distance and the stars.

Need to take my driving to the next level, I'm too slow

It will work on any PS3.

granturismo6_4molk5.jpg

http://www.sharebeast.com/2xmm5hb25vn2

Use Bruteforce Save Data to resign the save so it works on your PS3, I think it's best to use on a profile that isn't your main gaming one as it may mess up all the car images of your GT6 save.

Whichever profile you use you need to use a save game created on that profile to resign my save.

Nurburgring_Nordschleife_1.png

Ha!

The creator of the GT6 editor is working on getting cars on the moon.

paskowitz

It will work on any PS3.

granturismo6_4molk5.jpg

http://www.sharebeast.com/2xmm5hb25vn2

Use Bruteforce Save Data to resign the save so it works on your PS3, I think it's best to use on a profile that isn't your main gaming one as it may mess up all the car images of your GT6 save.

Whichever profile you use you need to use a save game created on that profile to resign my save.

Nurburgring_Nordschleife_1.png

Ha!

The creator of the GT6 editor is working on getting cars on the moon.

Is there a guide somewhere?

Google is your friend, but from memory; when you install Bruteforce it should prompt you to set a profile, this is when you use your save game from your chosen profile (contains your PS3 user profile ID and PS3 ID), after that locate my save game and right click to rebuild with current profile (full).

Transfer back to PS3 and it should load up.

paskowitz

Google is your friend, but from memory; when you install Bruteforce it should prompt you to set a profile, this is when you use your save game from your chosen profile (contains your PS3 user profile ID and PS3 ID), after that locate my save game and right click to rebuild with current profile (full).

Transfer back to PS3 and it should load up.

Ah, what I was referring to was editing the actual save file. For that, I assume(ed) you do need a CFW PS3?

Correct, no save data modding like GT5 until somebody decrypts the 2nd layer of encryption.

Seems the BMW is indeed the next VGT car.

The last two cars in GT6 car database are:

00000826 = BMW M4 Coupé
00000827 = BMW Vision Gran Turismo

paskowitz

Correct, no save data modding like GT5 until somebody decrypts the 2nd layer of encryption.

Seems the BMW is indeed the next VGT car.

The last two cars in GT6 car database are:

00000826 = BMW M4 Coupé
00000827 = BMW Vision Gran Turismo

Just out of curiosity... with the current data modding system would it be possible to supercharge an LFA engine (not normal) and then that engine (or at least the sound) in another car (say an Alfa 8C or Lotus Evora)?

ruttyboy

With the VR incoming, my GT dream is one step closer!

What are people looking for from PD in the brave new age, graphically speaking?

Personally I'd be perfectly happy with GT6's level of graphics, which even with any necessary downgrades for 3D etc. should be achievable on the PS4, so anything more that that would be gravy.

Also, if I can finally look around my car and see my mirrors then I will make the move to cockpit view
and join the legions of standards whiners ;-)

benzy

Personally I'd be perfectly happy with GT6's level of graphics, which even with any necessary downgrades for 3D etc. should be achievable on the PS4, so anything more that that would be gravy.

Also, if I can finally look around my car and see my mirrors then I will make the move to cockpit view

This in real-time, with exact same image quality and post processing effects, stable 60fps.

image_gran_turismo_6-23908-2717_0001.jpg

Kukuk

Banned
Man, the 24 Minutes of Le Man is extremely frustrating. Didn't have ANY trouble with any other endurance race, but I just can't seem to do this one. Was doing pretty good, and out of fucking no where, a car slams me (no indicator blinked) and completely fucked me. It hit me with so much for it was like it t-boned me.

Jabba

Banned
Man, the 24 Minutes of Le Man is extremely frustrating. Didn't have ANY trouble with any other endurance race, but I just can't seem to do this one. Was doing pretty good, and out of fucking no where, a car slams me (no indicator blinked) and completely fucked me. It hit me with so much for it was like it t-boned me.

Had trouble with C9 too at Le Mans but it was tire wear bug. As another Gaffer said try adjusting brake bias more to the front of the car, so maybe, 8-9 front-3-4 back. Whatever combination works for you. Could be 9-3, 8-4, 9-4 or 8-3. This should help considerably. 7 front may work for you also.

I also noticed, C9 brakes better in lower gears going into corners. What I mean is, stability just before entering corners. I usually let off gas then downshift into 3rd, brake in 3rd gear for more braking stability. Was on R235, I think, doing laps and braking in 4th on the straight before a left hander, the C9 would spin or become hard to control. Doing it in 3rd improved it. At Le Mans before 1st chicane on Mulsanne, C9 would dive to the right before the corner, before the brake bias fixes and the driving braking adjustments.

Stay with hard tires if PD hasn't fixed tire wear bug. If done right, C9 will handily win just like many other cars people use.
I'm using DS3 btw.

Ted

Boogity boogity boogity let's go GT6 racing boys and girls!

I'll be hosting a clean, no tuning, treaded tyre racing lobby on Friday night into Saturday morning probably starting from around10pm (GMT time American and European friends). 

timer

It's all in good fun and you will get as much love from the lobby for a clean last as you will for a clean first.

Cars will be picked from the pre-selected garage in some cases but it is also worth owning (and leaving stock):

- LCC Rocket - the premium one you win

- Renault Clio - the premium one you win early on

- Ferrari F40 - the red shouty car

- Nissan Silvia spec-R AERO (S15) RM - RM one, add your own number and colour

- RE Amemiya Amemiya AsparaDrink RX7 SUPER GT - the premium yellow one

Not all of these will necessarily be used but they are all cars you SHOULD own anyway due to their utter awesomeness. 

Remember, aero mods count as tuning so check your cars folks.

Please clear your caches, reset your routers and if possible come wired to ensure minimum lag and connection issues.

I will add lobby details to this thread on the night as I am up to the PS3 friends limit I'm afraid so may or may not be able to add anyone who wishes to come race.  Feel free to respond here or via PM or simply join the lobby on the night. 

ruttyboy

Boogity boogity boogity let's go GT6 racing boys and girls!

I'll be hosting a clean, no tuning, treaded tyre racing lobby on Friday night into Saturday morning probably starting from around10pm (GMT time American and European friends). 

timer

It's all in good fun and you will get as much love from the lobby for a clean last as you will for a clean first.

Cars will be picked from the pre-selected garage in some cases but it is also worth owning (and leaving stock):

- LCC Rocket - the premium one you win

- Renault Clio - the premium one you win early on

- Ferrari F40 - the red shouty car

- Nissan Silvia spec-R AERO (S15) RM - RM one, add your own number and colour

- RE Amemiya Amemiya AsparaDrink RX7 SUPER GT - the premium yellow one

Not all of these will necessarily be used but they are all cars you SHOULD own anyway due to their utter awesomeness. 

Remember, aero mods count as tuning so check your cars folks.

Please clear your caches, reset your routers and if possible come wired to ensure minimum lag and connection issues.

I will add lobby details to this thread on the night as I am up to the PS3 friends limit I'm afraid so may or may not be able to add anyone who wishes to come race.  Feel free to respond here or via PM or simply join the lobby on the night. 

Oh balls, can't do Friday otherwise I'd be there. Probably around on Sat night if you fancy two nights in a row.

Ted

Oh balls, can't do Friday otherwise I'd be there. Probably around on Sat night if you fancy two nights in a row.

Yep, I'm pretty likely to be around Saturday, it's and unusually quiet weekend at chez Ted this week. LOVIN' IT!

Perhaps I should change the post references to Saturday, I guess more folk will be around?

Kukuk

Banned
Had trouble with C9 too at Le Mans but it was tire wear bug. As another Gaffer said try adjusting brake bias more to the front of the car, so maybe, 8-9 front-3-4 back. Whatever combination works for you. Could be 9-3, 8-4, 9-4 or 8-3. This should help considerably. 7 front may work for you also.

I also noticed, C9 brakes better in lower gears going into corners. What I mean is, stability just before entering corners. I usually let off gas then downshift into 3rd, brake in 3rd gear for more braking stability. Was on R235, I think, doing laps and braking in 4th on the straight before a left hander, the C9 would spin or become hard to control. Doing it in 3rd improved it. At Le Mans before 1st chicane on Mulsanne, C9 would dive to the right before the corner, before the brake bias fixes and the driving braking adjustments.

Stay with hard tires if PD hasn't fixed tire wear bug. If done right, C9 will handily win just like many other cars people use.
I'm using DS3 btw.

I actually found out that, in theory, the Rocket makes the race fairly easy. While it's drastically slower than the other cars, it sips gas, so in the 10 minutes I raced in it, I only got to about half tank. So you make up huge amount of time by not having to pit. You can also use racing softs, since the car pretty much doesn't wear tires at all. Again, in the 10 minutes I was racing in it, my tired all stayed at full durability.

It's borderline cheating using this car, but at this point, I just don't care.

Ted

I wonder initially just how "incoming" console VR is. Sony seem to want to temper expectations of any imminent (2014) release using the "project" terminology. Beyond that, there is of course potential issues with user adoption but this isn't the thread for that plainly.

I then wonder just how much PD will be interested in being on the bleeding edge of VR given their generally insular development nature and the largely hands off approach Sony take with this particular studio. That said, they do like to push the graphical boundaries and KY does seem, at least with his "vision", to be immersion focused. As we all know though, what Kaz says and what Kaz does don't always entirely dovetail and PD's notorious lack of consistency could make for a horrendous VR experience in GTn.

In a longer term and less GT focused way, driving sims should be fairly easy to adapt to VR technologies for the enthusiast market. Full on driving/racing sim fans already tend towards being willing to buy [often expensive] additional peripheries and game-play is essentially based on sitting down so all you really need is a wheel, head-tracking, a well modeled 360 degree interior and a HUD that doesn't suck and you may as well be in the vehicle (visually at least).

On a slightly NIMBY train of thought, if console VR does take off I do hope that they don't forget non-VR users as GT, for me at least, is still very much a game I play with a group often in the same room taking turns at the wheel. As much as occasionally I am happy secluding myself entirely from the real world surrounding me, most of the time in my busy family house it simply isn't a viable option.

I would love for them to stay away from this in order to focus on core gameplay and avoid delays. Reality is that they will probably be all over this new tech...

Just out of curiosity... with the current data modding system would it be possible to supercharge an LFA engine (not normal) and then that engine (or at least the sound) in another car (say an Alfa 8C or Lotus Evora)?

It should be possible. I'll try later and upload a save with the engine in both cars if succesful, the Lunar vehicle will be unlocked in the garage as well:

granturismo6_57au6d.jpg

granturismo6_16taszo.jpg

granturismo6_1983sux.jpg

Dat 3 BHP

Jabba

Banned
I actually found out that, in theory, the Rocket makes the race fairly easy. While it's drastically slower than the other cars, it sips gas, so in the 10 minutes I raced in it, I only got to about half tank. So you make up huge amount of time by not having to pit. You can also use racing softs, since the car pretty much doesn't wear tires at all. Again, in the 10 minutes I was racing in it, my tired all stayed at full durability.

It's borderline cheating using this car, but at this point, I just don't care.

I remember other Gaffers in this thread used the Rocket. I wasn't sure if you wanted to go that way, so I suggested some C9 fixes. Whatever works in game though. I believe there were other Gaffers who used the Toyota 7 also to beat this
race.

Is the Senna content in?

I remember other Gaffers in this thread used the Rocket. I wasn't sure if you wanted to go that way, so I suggested some C9 fixes. Whatever works in game though. I believe there were other Gaffers who used the Toyota 7 also to beat this
race.

Is the Senna content in?

No, just wax messing with his modded game. But knowing PD the content might be "Join Senna as he takes his talents to the moon". Considering the partnership was formed in november, after some lenghty discussions, and that only recently Kaz was at Interlagos, we can only say that Senna DLC will be released soon, which means 2015 if they don´t drop it for GT7.

Like always in GT games, prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

Top Bottom