• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

gunther

what you people had been expecting, off course that only we'll have time trials what did you expect, full 1990 formula 1 grid challenging Prost in a flaming mclaren with tobacco advertisement.

Sure is lame to not have the mclaren and even lamer to be only time trials but with today's world even if polyphony was the perfect company it wouldn't be possible.

pd: I'm not defending some crap that poliphony does, I'm still bitter about buying a ps eye for crap headtracking.

From the Brazilian playstation blog:

13984211689_342aee063d_o.jpg

Nice. That's some great DLC.

sennaj6kbr.gif

Ted

Oh I wasn't referring to you, just the general mood in this thread. :D

Everyone is happier when they're shuffling.

*ahem*

Talking of which, anyone up for some racing this weekend? Stock 190e at Nurburgring GP? Maybe some kart racing to follow the theme of the DLC?

MGR

Lead with the the Lotus 97T, follow up with a DAP kart. Trolling score 9/10

In all seriousness I'm actually kinda chuffed they've include the DAP kart. Brings back all sorts of nostalgic memories for me when I was very young. My dad owned a very similar spec circa 1980 DAP kart. Chassis was red but all the other details are basically the same. This was back in the day when they still used castor based oils for pre-mix.

99myoFs.jpg

H0ITeh6.jpg

Haha, no, I am pretty honest with this one.

Significant developments are preparing, one of them will be unprecedented in the series history. I think it will be announced sooner than later.

Online connectivity works without the services of a witch doctor?

benzy

Update 1.07 released.

i1t29tqqXonVj.jpg

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_4184138.html

Vision Gran Turismo

The “BMW Vision Gran Turismo” has been released. Experience the modern road racer created by the BMW design team, resurrecting the excitement and passion of 1970’s touring cars in present day form.
After the update has been installed, the car can be purchased from the [Vision GT] option within the [CARS] section in "My Home". Alternatively, it is also possible to obtain the car by completing a lap (regardless of the lap time) in the new BMW Seasonal Event, available only for a limited time.

Adjustments to the Open Lobby

- [Endurance Race] has been added to the [Room Mode] option within [Basic Settings] of the Event Settings screen.

- [Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption] has been added to [Time Trial Settings] options ("OFF", "Normal", "Fast" or "Very Fast" can be selected)

- Choice of [Start Type] has been added to the [Race Settings] for Qualifier, Time Trial, and Drift Trial modes. You can now select from [Final Corner Start] or [Pit Start].

- When [Grid Start with False Start Check] is selected in [Race Settings], signal lights will be displayed as start indicators.

New features added to "Replay" and "Watch Race" modes

- Button controls can now be used to: Switch between "Full View" and "Live Timing"; to turn the "Driver List Display" ON/OFF; to switch the "Information Display" and to change the target car.
- The "Keyboard Switching Feature" has been added. A USB keyboard can be used to switch the "Information Display" and to change the view.

benzy

There's a Senna trailer that shows in-game footage of his F3 race car, along with the DAP go kart And 97T in-game. Still chance of the MP4/4?

Senna+F3+1983+1.jpg

ruttyboy

Everyone is happier when they're shuffling.

*ahem*

Talking of which, anyone up for some racing this weekend? Stock 190e at Nurburgring GP? Maybe some kart racing to follow the theme of the DLC?

It's been ages, so yeah, that sounds good!

I actually haven't done a lap for about a fortnight, haven't even tried the GT Academy Round 2, so hopefully some fun racing can get my enthusiasm back in time for Sennageddon.

There must be other hidden things included for the future. Time for Wax to go to work and look into these files. :p

Downloading now.

Somebody has already looked at the vehicle list and these have been added:

0830 - Ayrton Senna DAP Racing Kart #17 '80
0831 - Ayrton Senna Ralt RT3 #1 '83

There's no data so you can't use them.

Mohasus

Why is there an in-game installation after updating? Digital version here. :/

It said 120 min left but it went to 20 pretty fast.

No idea but the double install must be that unprecedented series addition amar mentioned, my game has been stuck on the install screen for nearly 40 mins (disc version)

ibawdgXTzrMGKs.gif

*edit*

Finally complete. Now time to have a search.

commedieu

Banned
No idea but the double install must be that unprecedented series addition amar mentioned, my game has been stuck on the install screen for nearly 40 mins (disc version)

ibawdgXTzrMGKs.gif

*edit*

Finally complete. Now time to have a search.

*panic eases*

Staring at 34%/34% for about 15 minutes so far. Gunna do some Counter-Strike.

CHAPTER1_EPISODE

Ayrton Senna da Silva was born in Sao Paulo, Brazil, on the 21st of March 1960, where he grew up in a close-knit community surrounded by loving family. He developed a strong interest in driving from an early age, pretending to drive his father's car, or sneaking off into the fields to ride tractors. However, it was karts that really captivated the young Senna, and he became completely obsessed with a home-made go-kart given to him on his fourth birthday. He soon became known as the fastest kart driver in South America, and before long was competing for the Karting World Championships in Europe.

He made a name for himself as a calculating and single-minded driver, determined to win at all costs. However, soon after succeeding in the Karting World Championships, Senna began to think about quitting motorsport altogether.

CHAPTER1

Get behind the wheel of the DAP kart Senna drove at the Karting World Championships

CHAPTER2_EPISODE

After his success in the Karting World Championships, Senna unwittingly found himself entering the world of serious motorsport, and in 1981 he moved to England to start his career in formula car racing. Despite lacking operating funds and being unsure about his future, Senna achieved truly remarkable results. On the back of this success, he was offered a place in a British Formula 3 team in 1983. The kid from the other side of the world, who had come over to England armed with nothing but his speed, was beginning to make a name for himself in the world of European motorsport.

CHAPTER2

Drive Senna's F3 car around Brands Hatch, the home of F3 racing.

CHAPTER3_EPISODE

The world of Formula 1 got its first glimpse of the genius of Ayrton Senna when he made his debut for the brand new Toleman team in 1984. Despite being in a car that was less powerful than those of his rivals, Senna drove like a man possessed throughout the year, capturing the hearts of motorsport fans everywhere. Off the track, there was something sensitive - almost fragile - about him, but once he was
behind the wheel he became nothing less than a force of nature. Senna craved victory, and in search of further success, joined his personal hero Jim Clark's Lotus team for the 1985 season. His pitch-black 97T became a gleaming marvel which lit up the Grand Prix circuits of the world.

CHAPTER3

Get behind the wheel of Senna's jet-black Lotus 97T, powered by Renault.

CHAPTER4_EPISODE

In 1988, Senna joined McLaren, who.realised they'd struck upon the perfect combination of designer, engine and driver, and went on to win three World Championships together. However, due to various dealings and political machinations taking place behind the scenes, Senna began to appear more and more isolated and delicate. Other drivers started winning World Championships, new heroes were born, and the sport moved on. Amid all this upheaval, Senna decided to move to Williams, the team for whom he would drive his last fateful race. On the May 1st 1994, while traversing the high-speed Tamburello corner on the Imola circuit, Senna's car left the track, and he sustained injuries that he could not survive.

While his loss continues to be felt keenly throughout the racing world, Ayrton Senna lives on in the hearts of his family, and within the soul of Brazil itself.

GALLERY_VIEW.Gallery View
SENNA_MOVIE.SENNA_MOVIE
SLIDE_SHOW.Slideshow
TARGET_TIME.Target Time
TIME_TRIAL.Time.Trial

Chapter.Title_AyrtonSenna.Ayrton.Senna.Tribute

Ayrton Senna DAP Racing Kart #17 '80
Ayrton Senna Ralt RT3 #1 '83
Ayrton Senna Lotus 97T #12 '85

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s
Brands Hatch Indy Circuit '80s
Autodromo Nazionale Monza '80s

These cars have also been added:

- Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 Nissan GT Academy Team RJN '13
- Nissan GT-R Black edition (GT Academy 2014)
- Mitsubishi XR-PHEV EVOLUTION Vision Gran Turismo

BMW.Vision.Gran.Turismo....Leaf.G.GT.Academy.2014)....370Z.GT.Academy.2014).LOTUS.97T.'85....GT-R.NISMO.GT3.Nissan.GT.Academy.Team.RJN.'13.GT-R.Black.edition.(GT.Academy.2014)....XR-PHEV.EVOLUTION.Vision.Gran.Turismo....Ayrton.Senna.Ralt.RT3.#1.'83....Ayrton.Senna.DAP.Racing.Kart.#17.'80

Duren

Neo Member
Although they said it will be a long term partnership, I don't like the fact that the last of those chapters is already talking about his death at Imola. It seems like that's really it. Perhaps the long term relationship thing is just the deal where part of Gt6 sales will go towards Ayrton's Institute.

All that's left is the probable scenario where the sound of these cars will be butchered down to PD standards.

Let's see where this goes, I suppose.

Found more text for this Senna mode, it looks like each chapter will have its own set of photos / videos, plus detailed info.

Each chapter has a listing structure that goes up in 10s from what I can see:

Chapter 1: SENNA_P_1_010 to SENNA_P_1_380

Chapter 2: SENNA_P_2_010 to SENNA_P_2_340

Chapter 3: SENNA_P_3_010 to SENNA_P_3_430

Chapter 4: SENNA_P_4_010 to SENNA_P_4_730

SENNA_P_4_700 - 720 mentions a track that I think we'll be getting, and looking through all the text, the only cars mentioned in the tribute are:

Ralt RT3
Lotus 97T
McLaren MP4/6
Williams FW 16

Yes! Kazzie... chapter 4 will deliver...

ibawdgXTzrMGKs.gif

Looks like I missed a car, the Lotus 99T is mentioned. There's no indication that these cars will be available to drive in game, but all the vehicles mentioned:

Dap Kart - drivable
Ralt RT3 - drivable
Lotus 97T - drivable
Lotus 99T - ?
McLaren MP4/6 - ?
Williams FW16 - ?

1.08 patch banderas.gif ?

Chapter 4 is also missing a sub structure that the other three have - SENNA_B_*_010 - these contain the driving missions and other details:

Chapter 1

SENNA_B_1_110: The world of karting was blissfully free of any behind-the-scenes intrigue.

SENNA_B_1_111: Senna once reflected that this was the happiest period of his life.

SENNA_B_1_120: This is the DAP kart in which Senna contested the World Championship.

SENNA_B_1_121: Get behind the wheel and give it a spin!

Chapter 2

SENNA_B_2_110: The inaugural Macau Grand Prix, in which national Formula 3 champions from all over the world competed against each other, was held in 1983.

SENNA_B_2_111: Senna secured victory in Macau, and thus became the first ever Formula 3 world champion.

SENNA_B_2_120: Now you too have the chance to drive Ayrton Senna's Toyota-powered Ralt Formula Three car!

Chapter 3

SENNA_B_31_070: In the second half of the 1985 season, he showed particularly impressive driving skills during the 14th race, held at Brands Hatch.

SENNA_B_31_071: During qualifying for that race, he smashed the lap record for winged cars - there were even those who said his record would never be beaten.

SENNA_B_31_080: Now it's your chance to see how you match up. Can you beat Senna's time of 1:07:169?

SENNA_B_3_100: Senna had the same three goals in every race: to secure pole position, to record the fastest lap, and to win.

SENNA_B_3_101: He would prove to be extremely successful at the first of these, landing seven pole positions in 1985 alone.

SENNA_B_3_110: Now it's your turn to see how your speed compares to Senna's! Can you beat the lap time of 1:25:084 he set at the Monza circuit?

benzy

I doubt we'll be getting those cars but if they managed to get the mp4/6, shouldn't they have been able to get the mp4/4 instead?

IISANDERII

2 things which I love they added:

Endurance racing online. I've only really played 10min or 15min but it can bring all sorts of strategy into it. In one race I was languishing in 4th place when all 3 ahead of me ran out of fuel on what would be final lap. Tire wear can be a big factor too. Remember to set fuel/tire wear to very fast.

Fastest lap indicator during the race. I really like seeing who's the fastest and how my times compare.

Bluenova

Neo Member
Guys I know many of you have been disappointed with GT6, but I really love it.
The GT300 races for example I've had a blast racing, collecting touring cars.
This update with replay playback and the other tweaks are a nice significant update to me, I have taken 500 photos... and The senna content finally, looks nice.

Been playing it offline this week too, everyday. I about 45% complete with 18,000,000 credits so far with about 12,000,000 to spend right now, and have been buying a few supercars, 98 Viper GTS.
Any other fans of the F430 and the Murcielago SV? they are so nice to drive.

McLaren MP4/6 day today with the slideshow 2 unlocking - believe!

and I think those SENNA_B_ listings are for recordings, so Bruno Senna is probably narrating the tribute mode.

Mobius 1

Something funny happened.

I had turned on the PS3, and it had downloaded the 1.07 patch overnight, as usual. But... at the time I turned it on, I had no network connectivity. So the patch installed, and there was a Senna Tribute section where the GT Academy icon is now. Opening it played teaser video, which seemed a little unfinished.

Then when the network connectivity was resolved, the game installed the hot fix and the Senna section was gone.

Sorry if this is common knowledge, I did not see it mentioned here.

MGR

Something funny happened.

I had turned on the PS3, and it had downloaded the 1.07 patch overnight, as usual. But... at the time I turned it on, I had no network connectivity. So the patch installed, and there was a Senna Tribute section where the GT Academy icon is now. Opening it played teaser video, which seemed a little unfinished.

Then when the network connectivity was resolved, the game installed the hot fix and the Senna section was gone.

Sorry if this is common knowledge, I did not see it mentioned here.

Yep, icon (which linked to a trailer) was included with 1.07 but immediately removed with the hotfix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwu0RRM3RAc

So how can they have screwed up the ghost so much?

Trying to play GT Academy and it seems like there´s no way to disable our friends and that irritating blue line.

Personally i think ghosts should not be allowed in GT Academy, but since they are, at least let us use it the right way.

Is there any way to turn off and still keep the ghost or do i have to set up a new profile with no friends in order to use the ghost?

Top Bottom