• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Vision GT team credits have been added for Aston Martin and Subaru:

TEAM_ASTONMARTIN

Marek Reichman – Director of Design, Aston Martin.Miles Nurnberger – Chief Exterior Designer .Matt Hill – Chief Interior Designer .Steve Platt – Interior Designer .Steve Buckle – Clay Sculptor .Libby Rooke – Colour and Trim manager .Nick Mynott – Digital surface manager .Alan Bertenshaw – Digital surfacing .Richard Thompson – Design Visualisation .Leon Comben – Digital Surfacing .Dan Mills – Digital Surfacing .Becky Rice – Licencing executive.

TEAM_SUBARU

Mamoru Ishii – General Manager, Design Department.Atsushi Kochi – Chief Designer, Advanced Design, Tokyo Studio.Shinya Haruna – Manager, Subaru Global Maketing Division .Sou Tamiya – Lead Designer, Advanced Design, Tokyo Studio.Tomoyuki Kato – Designer, Advanced Design, Tokyo Studio.Shinichi Imai – Designer, Advanced Design, Tokyo Studio .Terunori Kobayashi – Digital Design, Advanced Design, Tokyo Studio .Takamitu – Watanabe Digital Design, Advanced Design, Tokyo Studio .Yoshiaki Sakaguchi – Digital Design, Advanced Design, Tokyo Studio .Kouki You – Digital Design, Advanced Design, Tokyo Studio.Ayaka Ito – Digital Design, Advanced Design, Tokyo Studio.Daisuke Iwai – Digital Design, Advanced Design, Tokyo Studio .Ryuji Itano – Chief Designer, Gunma Design Studio.

If it follows the same pattern as the other VGT cars then these will be the next Vision cars released. The Nissan has no team credits, but it's supposedly being released next month so we may be in for a triple whammy?

IISANDERII

That A1 Red Bull Ring is an awesome little track. Did a couple of 15min endurance races on it online and it's great for close racing and overtaking. Love circuits with a wide track.

Deadman

I've downloaded the update and now the in-game updater says it'll be finished in approximately 180 minutes. Seems a tad long... I haven't fired up the game in quite a while, so I suspect it's installing several updates.

For my experience, the most recent update initially reported 80 minutes, but after 10 minutes, the timer reduced to 30 minutes and continued to reduce in bulk increments until it reached five minutes remaining. Total install time ended up being around 25 minutes or so.

This gives me hope my 400 minute install wont actually take 400 minutes.

edit: ha it just dropped from 400 to 5.

Angst

This gives me hope my 400 minute install wont actually take 400 minutes.

edit: ha it just dropped from 400 to 5.

Yeah it dropped from 400 to 115 pretty quick. After 10 minutes it dropped to 45 seconds and got stuck on 45 second for another 10 minutes. Gotta love it.

Toxa

Next Gen

10478539_477691655701445_1779801457159819924_n.jpg

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_1153498.html

another step in the right direction kaz

benzy

Nurburgring and LeMans weren't laser scanned for GT5 and 6 right? Hopefully this means these tracks will be recreated from the ground up for the PS4 so they can get certified.

amar212

Nurburgring and LeMans weren't laser scanned for GT5 and 6 right? Hopefully this means these tracks will be recreated from the ground up for the PS4 so they can get certified.

Both are laser scanned, Nurb more than 10 years ago (IIRC it was the first laser-scanned track in GT series, it was demoed in BMW Virtual Drive demo in autumn 2004) and since then they're using their own track-data software to also separately record the surface ondulations every year they are racing there in past few years.

LeMans was scanned back in GT4 days (1st time) and then again in 2009.

PD does not highlight that much, but they have their own laser scanner equipment paired with specially built software for surface measuring (normally used by motorways authorities) and they also run the track with the car equipped with 6 cameras and later they are taking aero-footage, both photo and video.

No.
GT6: Spec II will be announced and released in December.

Well, statically you have to guess right now and then.

Next Gen
http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_1153498.html
another step in the right direction kaz

This gen to be more precise.

IMO It will be a major overhaul of the format started with the GT Academy, only this time elevated to the worldwide FIA level and separated from only one manufacturer. It will probably be the similar type of "championship", but I foresee much more complex and organized format that will reach to national motorsport organizations and made truly worldwide.

Scope of this should be truly amazing.

dubc35

Next Gen

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10478539_477691655701445_1779801457159819924_n.jpg[/IMG

[url]http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_1153498.html[/url]

[B]another step in the right direction kaz[/B][/QUOTE]

I was thinking the exact opposite. :(

I hope with this partnership PD can recreate a similar career mode that Codemasters did in 2008 with GRID, where you go through different race series and categories, find sponsors and hire other drivers for your team. It's still to this date the most fun career mode I've experiences in racing game.

Both are laser scanned, Nurb more than 10 years ago (IIRC it was the first laser-scanned track in GT series, it was demoed in BMW Virtual Drive demo in autumn 2004) and since then they're using their own track-data software to also separately record the surface ondulations every year they are racing there in past few years.

PD does not highlight that much, but they have their own laser scanner equipment paired with specially built software for surface measuring (normally used by motorways authorities) and they also run the track with the car equipped with 6 cameras and later they are taking aero-footage, both photo and video.

Well, statically you have to guess right now and then.

This gen to be more precise.

IMO It will be a major overhaul of the format started with the GT Academy, only this time elevated to the worldwide FIA level and separated from only one manufacturer. It will probably be the similar type of "championship", but I foresee much more complex and organized format that will reach to national motorsport organizations and made truly worldwide.

Scope of this should be truly amazing.

Why would they not mention that the ring is laser scanned? A Google search brings up multiple results saying the track wasn't laser scanned, non official responses but why allow a narrative to form?

Mascot

Why would they not mention that the ring is laser scanned? A Google search brings up multiple results saying the track wasn't laser scanned, non official responses but why allow a narrative to form?

Turn 10 are making a big fuss about their laser-scanned 'Ring in FM5. I seem to remember Dan claiming they were the first to do it.

Fuck it >_<

Bought a 12GB PS3 and GT6 for my Dad. Tried to download the update but it's saying it needs an extra 1.5GB to download it?!

Is the download nearly 7GB in size or do I have something strange going on here?

Any recommendations on how to get the update without having to buy a bigger HDD for it?

Goldrusher

Fuck it >_<

Bought a 12GB PS3 and GT6 for my Dad. Tried to download the update but it's saying it needs an extra 1.5GB to download it?!

Is the download nearly 7GB in size or do I have something strange going on here?
Well, there's at least 6GB of updates. On top of the game continuously installing itself...

You're going to need a bigger drive.
No friends who upgraded their 40/60/80 drives and have the old one laying around?

Turn 10 are making a big fuss about their laser-scanned 'Ring in FM5. I seem to remember Dan claiming they were the first to do it.

Its strange trying to find out who has done what. Most of what you find is arguments about whether it is or isn't or what process was used.

ruttyboy

Lol, Jean Todt (looking miserable) and Translator-san in the same photo. Just need to get Bernie in there somehow.

If this Online Champ starts in 2015, I wonder what that implies for a PS4 version?

I'm hoping that this Championship is an actual Championship, with organised races rather than just even more regional time trials. It shouldn't be too difficult to organise really, but I can only imagine the mess that adjudicating it would be until the later stages.

Mobius 1

Kaz has done it. Can't go any higher than that.

Other than a FIA Gran Turismo World Championship in real life. Spin it off the WEC and make it happen Todt you lazy bastard.

benzy

Ah, good to know. Suzuka is one of the FIA certified tracks in the game so PD must have laser-scanned it too.

I also wonder if they already have the high-res photographs used for cutting out the 2D trees around nurburgring for next-gen assets though, or if they'll have to retake those shots.

Turn10 did a pretty fantastic job masking the look if its high-res 2D tree cutouts in Forza 5's Ring. GT7 is going to need an update on its vegetation.

http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_forza_motorsport_5_nurburgring_nordschleife_-32312_en.html

Seanspeed

Banned
Would like to see a source about GT having laser scanned the Nordschleife, cuz Turn 10 aren't the only developers to say it hadn't been done before.

Top Bottom