• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Yiazmat

6srpf.jpg

Yiazmat

Yeah, that one stuck out to me as well. Sigh, I hope we finally get to see GT7 at E3.

Right!? It looks like something in between GT6 and 7. Especially the reflection highlights, materials on the car and the lighting.

I swear they're doing this on purpose to fuck up with our minds.

It reminded me a bit of this old Vision GT shot, which also looks like a mix of GT4 and GT5 tech:

s0-gran-turismo-5-nonnxof2.jpg

Yiazmat

Famine from GTplanet about the course maker:

I'm only posting to say that there's a good reason for the fact the course maker's schedule is not what people may have been expecting and it's neither because PD has overstretched itself and the tech nor because they're holding out on fans. I'm actually not even sure I can say that much, but there seems to be a lot of misplaced anger and I'm not a massive fan of that in general.

It'll be here when it's here and, since it has been in beta testing for about 2 years now, ought to be pretty robust if nothing else. Well, probably.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/so-about-that-course-creator.328427/page-12#post-10749110

giphykeqhm.gif

Watevaman

Honestly, I couldn't care less about the course maker at this point for GT6. Hopefully the tech behind it is easily implemented into the next GT, though, with proper GPS support like they touted for GT6's version.

Niks

I'm only posting to say that there's a good reason for the fact the course maker's schedule is not what people may have been expecting and it's neither because PD has overstretched itself and the tech nor because they're holding out on fans. I'm actually not even sure I can say that much, but there seems to be a lot of misplaced anger and I'm not a massive fan of that in general.

It'll be here when it's here and, since it has been in beta testing for about 2 years now, ought to be pretty robust if nothing else. Well, probably.

Pls understand.

offshore

Honestly, I couldn't care less about the course maker at this point for GT6.
If it's just a larger version of GT5's CM, then I agree.

But we still don't seem to know exactly what form it's going to take i.e. whether it will just be an expanded GT5 random generator, or something more profound. If it's the former, then I don't care about it. If it's something more intricate, akin to the old V-Rally CM's, then I'd be really excited for it.

ruttyboy

The fucking game industry... yet another "very good reason" TM for something, but "oh no we can't tell you what it is because reasons".

Bullshit.

EDIT: In a slightly less bitter tone, if it's not under capacity at PD or because they're choosing not to release it, WTF could it be? The only thing I can think of is that they are in protracted negotiations with Google Maps or something, but if that's the case, just bloody say so!

We could see what's in the course maker folder if somebody would compile the GT Tool source code in full and release it, but so far people have kept it to themselves :(

Any programmers here?

sCHOCOLATE

I love how you can see the front tyres clipping through the body. Must be some serious brake force

Do you mean through the top (just beneath the front air dams)?

The front wheels are exposed through the top of the fairings. It's intentional, not clipping.

benzy

Honestly, I couldn't care less about the course maker at this point for GT6. Hopefully the tech behind it is easily implemented into the next GT, though, with proper GPS support like they touted for GT6's version.

Yeah, I've lost a lot of interest in it after how long it's taken. Just focus on implementing it on the more powerful console that can handle its features now.

Full lap around Laguna Sega in the X model (the fastest one)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-46t3MtDENE

Frilled_Neck_Lizard_side.jpg

Niks

Well, he goes on to say this.

held up for extremely good reason which, when it's made public, everyone* will entirely understand and sympathise with.

* Not everyone. There'll be a whole slew of grief-vampires who'll harp on about how PD should have foreseen it, but hey, some people just thrive on being miserable

The only acceptable reason I can think of... is they scrapped the PS3 version, and concentrated on updating it for GT7 on PS4. (but even then a lot of people would be pissed)

Mush

The only acceptable reason I can think of... is they scrapped the PS3 version, and concentrated on updating it for GT7 on PS4. (but even then a lot of people would be pissed)
People are going to be pissed either way. If they announce it for GT6 there'll be those who ask why they wasted their time on content for a last-gen game and if it gets shown off with GT7/Sport or whatever they're calling it we'll get people screaming "delayed again/sick of this Valve Polyphony Time shit".

They can't win.

Angst

A bit OT but last night before I went to sleep I took a trip down memory lane and looked back over the Super GT League/NRL races we had back in the heyday of GT5. Seeing some of the old guard again (Dibbz, Angst, UFRA, toxa, seattle, Metalmurphy [R.I.P.], ashk, Niks etc etc) in action brought a smile to my face.

I hope one day we can get the gang back together for some fun when the next installment of GT arrives.

NeoGAF Racing League Round 6
Super GT League Round 7

Looking forward to some great NRL races with GT7. Some of theme were truly epic. I'll never forget my last lap, last corner overtake after an hour of racing at Trial Mountain in the M3 race.

Yeah for sure. So many good races!
One-make races were the best. VW GTI RM, miata RM comes to mind.

Ferrari 512's at Rome... the best.

I still have the Suzuka Super GT and GVS NGRL races on my youtube for anyone else who is on memory lane. https://www.youtube.com/user/gutterboy4444/videos?shelf_id=1&view=0&sort=dd

Late reply, but I'd sure love that too. We recently had a baby, so right now my playing time is very limited. My wheel is in the basement actually... But hopefully I'll have some more time available when GT7 arrives and I'd love to play with the old crew again.

I have fond memories from the Super GT endurance we did at Le Sarthe. It was supposed to be sunny with a chance of rain, but GT's wonky weather mechanism decided that we should have rain 3 minutes into the race and it rained all the way through, making a 45 minutes race into 80 - 90 minutes. Most people dropped off halfway through the race, but a few of us soldiered through. Metalmurphy's wheel started burning actually.

Good times :)

Off-screen camera: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKrXM2Ya2Lg

magawolaz

SRT is bonkers. But I'll never understand what's so great about stupidly fast cars like that or the Red Bull X

Well, he goes on to say this.

I don't think so, he said this
As far as I'm aware though, there is no technological barrier that is preventing the Course Maker appearing on PS3.
and then this
Still, it's still planned for GT6 and I don't believe it's going to be too much longer

Calling July. I want to believe.

Late reply, but I'd sure love that too. We recently had a baby, so right now my playing time is very limited.
Congrats!

Mush

Is it just because I'm driving on Sarthe, or does the force feedback for the GT-R LM get cranked up to 11 for the GT Academy trial? I had to turn it down because it was just too much for me.

Watevaman

Is it just because I'm driving on Sarthe, or does the force feedback for the GT-R LM get cranked up to 11 for the GT Academy trial? I had to turn it down because it was just too much for me.

No, it's pretty rough. I turned it down, too. The straights just make you feel like you're running a reciprocating saw.

hwy_61

Banned
Hi guys! Just wanted to drop by and say that I was finally able to install GT6 and all 37 updates!

Back in October of last year I could not for the life of me install the game with the updates (Here are the posts I made about the trouble I was having: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=725281&page=155 ). The whole ordeal pissed me off so much that I just returned the game. Gamefly was cool enough to give me a full refund.

Shortly after, I sold the PS3 I was using at the time. Fast forward to May, and I purchased a super slim, and you guessed it, a copy of GT6. I thought what the hell, let's give this another try.

The updates still took hours to install, but doggone it, they all installed! So pumped to finally play this game, you guys.

I'm not sure what was the problem with my old PS3, but it looks like that was the culprit the whole time.

Pachimari

Is Gran Turismo 6 still worth picking up, and have they kept their promises as to future DLC?

I have played Gran Turismo 1-5, but haven't gotten myself to bother with GT6 yet honestly. Are the Vision concept cars part of the career or are they only available in Arcade?

And is the online community still holding up?

Goldrusher

Is Gran Turismo 6 still worth picking up?
Don't expect too much graphically (it has jaggies, pop-up and stutter), and of course the audio sucks, and the PS3-controller feels terrible if you're now used to the PS4.

Have they kept their promises as to future DLC?
There have been a handful free tracks and a couple dozen cars.

Are the Vision concept cars part of the career or are they only available in Arcade?
Neither. They're simply added to the dealerships.

benzy

Hi guys! Just wanted to drop by and say that I was finally able to install GT6 and all 37 updates!

Back in October of last year I could not for the life of me install the game with the updates (Here are the posts I made about the trouble I was having: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=725281&page=155 ). The whole ordeal pissed me off so much that I just returned the game. Gamefly was cool enough to give me a full refund.

Shortly after, I sold the PS3 I was using at the time. Fast forward to May, and I purchased a super slim, and you guessed it, a copy of GT6. I thought what the hell, let's give this another try.

The updates still took hours to install, but doggone it, they all installed! So pumped to finally play this game, you guys.

I'm not sure what was the problem with my old PS3, but it looks like that was the culprit the whole time.

I remember this, lol. The ps3 updates are truly terrible.

Yiazmat

Kaz interviews from the Peugeot event are starting to come out.

On GT7:
Yamauchi has guaranteed that the seventh chapter will solve many problems related to the physical impacts and simulation of damage, two aspects that have always been taken seriously by fans of this saga. It also confirms a greater number of premium cars in Gran Turismo 7, although - for the moment - Yamauchi-san has preferred not to say too much about figures.

Finally, when asked about the alleged arrival of Gran Turismo 7 in 2017, as initially feared by some sources, it came a blunt denial: "People will never wait so much." Yamauchi then added: "We are talking about Gran Turismo, you won't have to wait that long."

http://www.spaziogames.it/notizie_v...s4/217619/gran-turismo-7-arrivera-presto.aspx

On Tourist Trophy 2:
"I am aware of the fact that the game is expected by many," he said to Spaziogames "so I can not deny a Tourist Trophy 2"

http://www.spaziogames.it/notizie_v..._ps4/217622/tourist-trophy-2-e-possibile.aspx

4MUCOM2.gif

There's also a jeuxvideo interview that's supposed to come out this week where they asked gtplanet to come up with the questions.

SRT is bonkers. But I'll never understand what's so great about stupidly fast cars like that or the Red Bull X

I don't think so, he said this
and then this

Calling July. I want to believe.

Congrats!
Well you know, if it doesn't come out by july then maybe august it's the month... and tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow

benzy

Kaz said:
"We are talking about Gran Turismo, you won't have to wait that long."

3488597-6219889274-micha.gif

How about that course maker Kaz?

Seems like a definite no-show at E3.

Al momento, però, lo sviluppatore giapponese non si è sbilanciato sulla sua presenza alla conferenza Sony dell'E3 2015, non rilasciando dichiarazioni a riguardo. Di certo sappiamo che alla conferenza non sarà presente il suo storico traduttore, Takayuki "Translator-san" Nushida, lasciandoci intendere che - con ogni probabilità - non ci saranno annunci da parte di Yamauchi nel corso della conferenza di Los Angeles. Ciononostante, in queste ultime settimane Yamauchi ha attraversato tre diversi continenti per incontrare alcuni produttori di case automobilistiche, lasciandoci intendere che non manchi molto all'atteso reveal di Gran Turismo 7.

Niks

"People will never wait so much." Yamauchi then added: "We are talking about Gran Turismo, you won't have to wait that long."

nicolascageconfusedemotions.gif

Never change Kaz.

HTupolev

I remember this, lol. The ps3 updates are truly terrible.
Nah, the PS3 install/update stuff is the smooth part. They're obnoxiously huge and slow for GT6, but they work.

The real issue is with the stuff the game does internally. It can fall into a failed state that requires you delete the data and start from scratch (even redoing the stuff handled by the PS3's systems). Forced me to redo the entire six-hour process when I got the game recently.

I don't really get this. Only one GT really took a long time to develop and that was GT5. Other than that the series has ranged from 2-3 years of development time. Yeah GT5 took a long time, but it's not really an indicator of how long most of the games have taken to develop. Not even close. We're in year two since GT6's release, so either this year or next year has always made the most sense. Especially since they made sure to prepare for GT7 and the PS4 by making a cross-gen engine and by building scalable assets.

Top Bottom