• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 to feature Mount Panorama

-viper-

Banned
at this rate we may as well justify the return of missing GT1 and GT2 cars and tracks.

every 'standard' car should be removed from the game.

the tracks should all be updated to ps4 standard.

PD are so lazy for a first party dev.

Polyphony

Those seeking a proper discussion and celebration of Bathurst should probably go back to the OT. Nothing to see here anymore.

i actually agree with him, i would rather the GT4 models and tracks werent put into GT5, they just make the game looks ugly, look at GT3 it didnt have many cars but it was one of the best racing games ever. quality over quantity

I agree. If those were in the PS4's Gran Turismo I will be disgusted.

Sorry for the bump, just thought it was the best place to put this.

I spotted this on the Linkedin profile for Brian Dunn, Associate Brand Manager at Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC.

This is the Google cache of the page as of 14 May 2012:

WGXPu.jpg

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...+6"&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie&client=firefox-a

It's removed from his profile now : http://www.linkedin.com/pub/brian-dunn/35/575/b40

Edit: Probably not a typo since he lists "Gran Turismo 6" as one of the titles he is "managing" then goes on to talk about how he "supported" GT 5, past tense.

saladine1

Oh I wish PD opens up to the outside world for GT6. No more fucking millions of stitches in the steering wheel taking precedence over important stuff.
I seriously hope they are going to do things differently. I want GT6 to be everything I wanted GT5 to be..

-viper-

Banned
I want speed, motion blur, depth of field, improved sound effects, improved cockpit shake (there used to be a lot of cockpit shake but they seemingly patched it in so it no longer is evident!)

GT6 would be lovely as a PS4 launch title, but the chances of that seem so slim. After all, GT5 took well over 5 years to develop and it wasn't really up to scratch in terms of content.

Career mode needs to be revamped. It really needs to be less repetitive. Also, I want a fuckload of tracks. GT5 got stale because the same tracks repeated over and over again.

Awesome news. The more classic tracks they GT'ify the better. I vote Watkins Glen (full track) next.

I much rather have GT6 be a PS4 launch title. Drop Spec III or some GT original tracks on DLC for GT5 and focus on making GT6 a PS4 launch title. Nothing would get me more hyped for the next gen than being able to experience it via a GT game.

For all of the people dropping suggestion lists, visit any of the 12 GT5 threads through out the last year or so. We all know what needs to be addressed, it is incredibly well worn material here.

Edit:
I want speed, motion blur, depth of field, improved sound effects, improved cockpit shake (there used to be a lot of cockpit shake but they seemingly patched it in so it no longer is evident!)

God no. That bullshit is the most corny unrealistic crap ever heaved upon driving games. Go play Shift 4 or whatever the fuck is out by then. Keep that arcade crap out of GT games. Based on a lot of your other suggestions you seem to want to make GT just like all of the other average racers out there.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I know people keep harping about the standard cars, but it took me like 100+ hours to get 90 premiums in my garage.

I really hope this game is for the PS4. :( I won't be complaining though. More GT is always welcome.

GT6 would be lovely as a PS4 launch title, but the chances of that seem so slim. After all, GT5 took well over 5 years to develop and it wasn't really up to scratch in terms of content.

Career mode needs to be revamped. It really needs to be less repetitive. Also, I want a fuckload of tracks. GT5 got stale because the same tracks repeated over and over again.

Is there a racing game out there with more content than GT5. Also GT5 took so long because they created a whole new engine from scratch, Kaz said it won't take long to make another GT game because they would use the same engine as GT5 but tweak it to improve upon it. If the PS4 is coming out in 2013-14 then I'm fairly confident GT6 will be ready by then.

amar212

GT6 as PS3 game, thank you PD. I do not want to wait another 3 years for a next full-game.

Great spot there maquiladora.

And I agree with Gutterboy above. Leave those visual effects crapshifest out of any *simulation* game, not just GT. Thank to God, it will never come to GT, but just sayin.

I still say that they should release GT5 Complete Edition as a PS4 launch title. 1080p and locked at 60fps with the alpha effects looking like they were supposed to look on the PS3. Include a demo for GT6 in it and then release the full game the following year.

-viper-

Banned
Awesome news. The more classic tracks they GT'ify the better. I vote Watkins Glen (full track) next.

I much rather have GT6 be a PS4 launch title. Drop Spec III or some GT original tracks on DLC for GT5 and focus on making GT6 a PS4 launch title. Nothing would get me more hyped for the next gen than being able to experience it via a GT game.

For all of the people dropping suggestion lists, visit any of the 12 GT5 threads through out the last year or so. We all know what needs to be addressed, it is incredibly well worn material here.

Edit:

God no. That bullshit is the most corny unrealistic crap ever heaved upon driving games. Go play Shift 4 or whatever the fuck is out by then. Keep that arcade crap out of GT games. Based on a lot of your other suggestions you seem to want to make GT just like all of the other average racers out there.
I'm merely talking about subtle motion blur when you are going at high speeds, not to the same extent as Shift 2.

However, if there is one thing I want is completely consistent graphics. No to standards.

GT6 should be a next-generation title. I've played enough GT5 this generation and a new GT game for the PS3 game will not excite me at all.

Would make a good swan song for the ps3 in holiday 2013.

Naughty Dogs Uncharted 3 better be working on ps4 already, God of War will be early 13, The last Guardian might be finised then but its only gonna sell 3 copies anyway. Killzone is ehhhhh.

I dont think there is a big AAA blockbuster that sony has for holiday 13 other then GT..

Maybe PD could do 2 versions and another on ps4 with better tech (solid 1080p, 60fps, loads of AA + better LOD on everything etc..) for launch or have both versions on 1 BR if that would be even possible since BC is out of the question for the ps4.

I am sure a lot of GT fans would buy a ps4 at launch to play the best version.

I sold my PS3 due to inactivity and would have never thought GT6 would come out for the PS3. This would sadden me. I really hope it's a PS4 title.

I'm merely talking about subtle motion blur when you are going at high speeds, not to the same extent as Shift 2....

But things naturally blur just by moving quickly past you. You already have subtle "motion blur" in any racing game. Added or post motion blur is incredibly artificial feeling, especially in racing games where it is unneeded. You know what makes it feel like I am going really fast in a racing game? The fact that I am going really fast in a racing game. The whole "mountain dew" treatment in games to make them feel more intense is one of the worst tropes from this last gen (it ruined the Dirt franchise for one). The racing experience should be intense on it's own, it doesn't need +10db bass boosts, over the top sound mixing and gimmicky graphics effects.

You want intensity, drive into the darkness at the Ring.

If anybody is excited about GT6 right now ... just ... stop. I think GT5 took longer than any George RR Martin novel.

Have you seen the premium models? There is a reason it took so long. Engine built from scratch, blah, blah. All the points have been made ad nauseum as to why GT5 took so long. If you think GT5 and GT6 are going to have as lengthy a dev cycle, you aren't familiar with the reason it too so long in the first place. I'll personally buy you a copy of GT6 if it takes as long as GT4 to GT5.

Oh I wish PD opens up to the outside world for GT6. No more fucking millions of stitches in the steering wheel taking precedence over important stuff.
I seriously hope they are going to do things differently. I want GT6 to be everything I wanted GT5 to be..

Yes, on the PS3.

I know this sounds crazy for some people here, but in the end, I'm pretty happy with GT5. Yes, the launch was kind of terrible, but PD supported the game longer than expected and fixed and patched the game the entire time. You rarely see something like that for other games that aren't MMOs.

All I want from GT 6 are more premium road cars (AE 86!) and tracks.

Risgroo

Cut down on the number of useless cars, add some more great tracks(some of the best from the F1 calendar would be great, like Melbourne), make some alright menus and add some kick to the engine sounds. There, GOTY.

Japanese developers take forever, yet still produce mediocre products.

It's the tragic story of this generation.

That anecdotal remark tells me nothing of terrible management at PD. I want to know what you guys know about it.

I mean it could have something to do with an entire engine made some scratch that is future proof for future titles, modeling that is future proof for future titles, the insane amount of content, the fact that they don't outsource, etc... OR it could be terrible management at PD. So please, tell us more, enlighten us.

They've already said that they're going to be working with other Sony internal teams going forward. They couldn't do that with GT5 because they were already so deep into development with GT5 by the time the tech sharing really started happening within the company.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
the thing is if GT5 was an amazing game i'd be well up for waiting, but it wasnt, lets hope GT6 is better
Well, I played GT5 non-stop for a year... that pretty much makes it an amazing game in my books. I just want them to be more consistent with GT6.

gogogow

They've already said that they're going to be working with other Sony internal teams going forward. They couldn't do that with GT5 because they were already so deep into development with GT5 by the time the tech sharing really started happening within the company.

PD needed help with modelling cars more than anything. They should hire more people. They have only 28 car modellers, which obviously isn't enough for such a big and ambitious game. Since it takes 6 months to finish a car, they sure need way more people.

Xanadu

Banned
Well, I played GT5 non-stop for a year... that pretty much makes it an amazing game in my books. I just want them to be more consistent with GT6.

do you play other sims? i used to be a huge GT fan and my favourite racing game to this day is GT3, back then gran turismo was right up there with the best of them, now GT are way behind PC sims and even forza 4s tbh. pretty sad and i hope GT6 is a return to form for PD

That anecdotal remark tells me nothing of terrible management at PD. I want to know what you guys know about it.

I mean it could have something to do with an entire engine made some scratch that is future proof for future titles, modeling that is future proof for future titles, the insane amount of content, the fact that they don't outsource, etc... OR it could be terrible management at PD. So please, tell us more, enlighten us.

You can spin that too. Being understaffed while having insane ambitions and refusing to get help from outside is kind of bad management.

You can spin that too. Being understaffed while having insane ambitions and refusing to get help from outside is kind of bad management.

Who are you to say the money and resources saved on outsourcing while still selling upwards of 7 million copies is bad management?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
do you play other sims? i used to be a huge GT fan and my favourite racing game to this day is GT3, back then gran turismo was right up there with the best of them, now GT are way behind PC sims and even forza 4s tbh. pretty sad and i hope GT6 is a return to form for PD
Yes, I do. I play sims for their physics engine, not flashy stuff, and GT5 doesn't disappoint in that area. Anyway, I don't want to get into a vs. debate.

nope you are just easily satisfied fanboys who suck up anything kaz sinks his wonky teeth into

What would amaze you then? Gt5 has one of the best driving models on a racer this gen. I could drive the nurburgring every day with a decent wheel and be satisfied.

Motion blur is a wasted effect for 60fps games... Also.. depth of field?... Why? Sound I agree, but I think cockpit shakes enough. It's not some fake shitty bounce like Shift and Shift 2.

Xanadu

Banned
Who are you to say the money and resources saved on outsourcing while still selling upwards of 7 million copies is bad management?

just because it sold well doesnt mean it was a great game, PD made a huge mistake i mean come on 6 years and most of the cars and tracks exact models from GT4? retarded

Xanadu

Banned
What would amaze you then? Gt5 has one of the best driving models on a racer this gen. I could drive the nurburgring every day with a decent wheel and be satisfied.

nurburgring is the best thing about GT5 by far, the physics however are behind many PC sims and even forza 4

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
What would worry me about a Gran Turismon release this or next year on PS3 would be the fact that it will be god knows how many years till we get one for PS4.

jaypah

Yes, I do. I play sims for their physics engine, not flashy stuff, and GT5 doesn't disappoint in that area. Anyway, I don't want to get into a vs. debate.

I thought it was a fact that the most realistic Sims were on PC? I wouldn't know since GT5 is plenty realistic enough for me. Hell, GT5 is still teaching me stuff about driving 2 years later!

Top Bottom