• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7’s microtransactions are live, and GT Sports’ $5 cars now cost $40

Godot25

Banned
You have a pyramid actually.

1) People that buy expensive no matter what.
2) People that buy until a certain limit (this group is more complex than that but let fit everybody that pays here).
3) People that doesn't buy.

Basically the change makes MTX aim just that first group.... when in GTS it was aimed to groups 1 and 2.
Sony is basically holding the people that expend money no matter what and making the people that has a limit to how high they go to become non-expense guys.

Look I don't want MTX in games but that is a lose cause already.
But if there is MTX it is better to be not affordable to everybody.

I don't buy cars via MTX so that move makes me very happy indeed.
Microtransactions are designed in a way to bring biggest amount of money. So changes to the system from GT Sport was made to increase revenue from microtransactions, not otherwise.

Kerotan

Well we know they will put in game credit to buy via money in the game... GTS had it.
But I'm really happy is that they increase the price.

So they are telling you to rely more on your earned ingame credits than buying credits with money.
GTS was too cheap that made people took the easy way.
Exactly. If you want to skip the line and buy what most of us plan on earning I expect you to pay a pretty penny.

Kilau

Really? That's not what the article says

Aston Martin Vulcan ’16 ($4.99 in GT Sport) – 3,300,000 credits in GT 7 ($40)
McLaren P1 GTR ’16 ($4.99 in GT Sport) – 3,600,000 credits in GT 7 ($40)
Audi R18 TDI ’11 ($2.99 in GT Sport) – 3,000,000 credits in GT 7 ($40)
My bad, I read those prices as hundreds of thousands not millions when I read through.

ethomaz

Banned
Microtransactions are designed in a way to bring biggest amount of money. So changes to the system from GT Sport was made to increase revenue from microtransactions, not otherwise.
Yes it increase the revenue aiming just to the whales.
Normal players that don't buy or are limited to buy MTX will just play the game and earn credits.

After all there is no car exclusive to MTX that should be a deal breaker like weapons exclusives to MTX (I'm looking at you Uncharted).

Last edited:

NickFire

Yes it increase the revenue aiming just to the whales.
Normal players that don't buy or are limited to buy MTX will just play the game and earn credits.

After all there is no car exclusive to MTX that should be a deal breaker.
No brother. Us normals are just as screwed. Or maybe I’m the only guy who ever plays late night after parties, etc., when my will power is weak as cheap paper towels.

They increase the car price via MTX... how that can be bad?
The main way to get cars is via ingame earned credits.
That is the main focus with the increase via MTX.

There is no exclusive car via MTX.
Increasing it prices just support users to play and earn credits than rely on MTX.
This is madness so you’re saying Sony doing their scummy practice of trying to extract as much money from their players is them caring about the game and making sure players play the game instead of just paying them? 🤣 you really believe this or fans like you are the ones that will say it’s ok if Sony released their first party games at a 100 dollars because it comes with love and anal lube for the players.

NickFire

This is madness so you’re saying Sony doing their scummy practice of trying to extract as much money from their players is them caring about the game and making sure players play the game instead of just paying them? 🤣 you really believe this or fans like you are the ones that will say it’s ok if Sony released their first party games at a 100 dollars because it comes with love and anal lube for the players.
In before anal lube is for casuals (always go in dry).

Hungry Cake GIF

ethomaz

Banned
The GTS MXT economy was to begin with... anybody could buy car with money without consequences.
Now at least they limited it to whales.

Balance is a required key point in MTX... if you put everything at 1 cents nobody will play the game.
It is weird because you GAFers asked for the old way GT was where you can buy a cheap cars via credits and will upgrading it to earn more credits until buy your dream car.

What the point to easy direct buy it via money? No MTX should be the best way imo.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

A friendly reminder that all over the internet there were EA shills defending Battlefront 2's original micro transaction scheme.
It wasn’t particularly well received by players and was changed fairly quickly, remember this?
NcrNktk.png

I don’t expect the same reaction from Sony players at least judging by this thread. But that’s in line with other recent debates about pricing for patches / games etc.

BigLee74

Ohhhh they changed how MTX economy works.

GTS - You can buy cars for a price.
GT7 - You can buy credits for a price.

A car that costed less via direct price (and got even get flash sales) in GTS is now brought at ingame credit in GT7... buy credits is more expensive than buy the car directly.

That is indeed a good move for the overall economy... so players will rely more in ingame earn than MTX.

You will defend anything Sony to the death. It’s got to the point where I can’t take anything you say seriously (although to be fair I was pretty much always there).

Scandalous prices, preying on both the weak-willed and the innocent. It’s not sensible or rich people that support MTX as shocking as that.

ethomaz

Banned
You will defend anything Sony to the death. It’s got to the point where I can’t take anything you say seriously (although to be fair I was pretty much always there).

Scandalous prices, preying on both the weak-willed and the innocent. It’s not sensible or rich people that support MTX as shocking as that.
The game should not have MTX at all.
I prefer if it has that it at least cost some amount that will make these that buys it thing a bit about it.
So limiting the range of MTX aim is always a good move imo.

Of course... the whales will buy whatever price... they are a lost cause.

Last edited:

sn0man

That always online for a series that has 25 years single player offline grinding goodness. …. Shoulda known this was gonna come in like a steaming pile on players faces.

sn0man

Yeah they have good points often but we might be reaching ignore levels.

Beechos

Lol wow thats nuts and ppl are complaining about ssd prices. Sony wants you to love cars/driving so much that its forcing you be a good driver by winning at least 100 races to get 1 car.

kevm3

It's sad, but Sony is pretty much getting worse and worse as time goes on. They went from my favorite of the console makers, but they are slipping fast. $10 more for the ps5 version that barely looks better than the ps4 version, outrageous microtransactions to shoehorning some SWJ agendas in their games where every woman needs to look mannish. I wouldn't be surprised if the next DLC was $50 to turn the racing garage into a safe space where you can change your gender pronoun of your nonbinary driver.

ZehDon

Gold Member
Well we know they will put in game credit to buy via money in the game... GTS had it.

So they are telling you to rely more on your earned ingame credits than buying credits with money.
Say what you will about Sony, but their shilling defence force is the best in the business. Green rats can’t beat the blue cheese.

I’m pretty sure Sony could use the imprisoned souls of homeless orphaned children to power a satanic matrix in the PS5’s GPU, and the spinners would explain how Sony is actually reducing child homelessness and so Sony’s unholy pact with the Dark Lord is literally a good thing!

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb

This has to be the dumbest fucking thing I’ve ever heard from a Sony fanboy, and that’s saying something.

Loxus

This is just console war bait.
Games aren't meant to be played this way.

Only time you should be spending your money after purchase is DLC, not in-game credit.

As for the micro transactions, it's probably done that way to encourage you to play the game the right way. Purchasing in game credit via real money is like cheating. I don't even know way it's even in the game.

Anyone thinking this is bad is wrong. This should stop people from supporting these dumb micro transactions.

scydrex

Can you buy those cars with ingame credits? Like i always did in all the Gran Turismo before Sport. Earning credit or grinding to buy all the cars available. If yes who the hell care about that? Too me they can charge $100 for each car. If no then that sucks... too expensive.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

This is just console war bait.
Games aren't meant to be played this way.

Only time you should be spending your money after purchase is DLC, not in-game credit.

As for the micro transactions, it's probably done that way to encourage you to play the game the right way. Purchasing in game credit via real money is like cheating. I don't even know way it's even in the game.

Anyone thinking this is bad is wrong. This should stop people from supporting these dumb micro transactions.
Why not just… remove MTX then? Wouldn’t that be a lot more effective in encouraging people to play the right way?

Banjo64

cumsessed
At least when MS tried to increase the price of Gold a lot of green rats flipped their shit.

The type of sycophantic corporate arse licking in this thread is making my testicles shrivel up in to my uterus.

You already knew the names of the deflectors before you even saw their posts.

Venom Snake

So you would have paid for in game credits that can be earned if the price is right?

If braibwashed kids want to fund ongoing game updates, I'm all in.

The complain and never intend to buy approach is optimal. Make Jimbo sweat for his money grabs.

I wouldn't pay a broken penny for something i can grind myself in a game that's perfect for grinding.

However, don't quite like the idea of paying $40 for a car, brainwashed or not -the price is ridiculous.

I support that.
And you are an example that the MTX increase is working.

Please forgive my ignorance, but I'm not up to date with the topic, for me MTX is when you have diarrhea or something like that.

As long as whales are out there willing to pay for it, none of this is going to change. Sad. I've never spent any money on microtransactions (in a non-free game) and that's not going to change.

Top Bottom