• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7’s microtransactions are live, and GT Sports’ $5 cars now cost $40

Kilau

Gold Member
So the car prices didn’t change that much but you can’t buy them individually and have to use credits which are sold in bad amounts.

I hate mtx.

Edit: misread the prices, this is ridiculous.

Last edited:
VsLqxMt.gif

onesvenus

So the car prices didn’t change that much but you can’t buy them individually and have to use credits which are sold in bad amounts.

I hate mtx.
Really? That's not what the article says

Aston Martin Vulcan ’16 ($4.99 in GT Sport) – 3,300,000 credits in GT 7 ($40)
McLaren P1 GTR ’16 ($4.99 in GT Sport) – 3,600,000 credits in GT 7 ($40)
Audi R18 TDI ’11 ($2.99 in GT Sport) – 3,000,000 credits in GT 7 ($40)

ethomaz

Banned
Well we know they will put MTX in the game... GTS had it.
But I'm really happy is that they increase the price.

So they are telling you to rely more on your earned ingame credits than buying credits with money.
GTS was too cheap that made people took the easy way.

Last edited:
Well we know they will put in game credit to buy via money in the game... GTS had it.

So they are telling you to rely more on your earned ingame credits than buying credits with money.
Lmao Jesus do they actually send you a check in the mail you can’t be doing this free Schilling amirite?

ethomaz

Banned
Lmao Jesus do they actually send you a check in the mail you can’t be doing this free Schilling amirite?
They increase the car price via MTX... how that can be bad?
The main way to get cars is via ingame earned credits.
That is the main focus with the increase via MTX.

There is no exclusive car via MTX.
Increasing it prices just support users to play and earn credits than rely on MTX.

Last edited:

alucard0712_rus

Gold Member
The question is, how many credits can you earn while playing the game, let's say per hour? and is it fun to grind?
I've heard if you do license tests you will be able to get 50% additional credits for a clean driving l.
Of course you can buy anything by in-game credits. To me with this graphics, physics, sound racing is a lot of fun. It's GT game that PD wanted - it's just hardware now capable of doing what they wanted.
I can't wait to play it, but probably will not. Someone is crazy in this world or something goes very very wrong.

Last edited:

Calverz

Incredibly disappointing. Bet the single player will be a complete grind fest now. Why do this when the market leader has zero mtx???

I'll just play it like any other Gran Turismo game. You can still earn everything with in game currency., These microtransations only help you if you're in a hurry.

That said...why would they increase the prices from 5 to 40? It makes no sense? Sounds like a mistake. A single car for 40 dollars when the game is 60/70?
It's not the first time Sony messes up stuff like this. For now i bet it's not intentional but who knows at this point.

NickFire

Increasing it prices just support users to play and earn credits than rely on MTX.
No need to defend this. They are not supporting grinders.They are simply trying to feed off of impulse buys / whales / etc. The racing itself is still great. But monetizing a paid game like a F2P game deserves calling out every time.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I think he's on about the single transaction for the Car Pass maybe and how in the future xbox might take advantage next time charging more for same :p
Yeah, shouldn’t have said MTX for Forza - I was getting confused with the faux-outrage over the ‘early access’ for deluxe owners.

Soulja

That is fucking disgusting. I honestly do not understand how they price mtx. The game is £70 which is full of content such as courses, cars, different modes extra but they can then charge £40 for one car? Seriously, what the actual fuck.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
The people on GAF who took great delight in Halo and Forza’s MTX:

blank-meme-template-092-look-away-puppet.jpg
If you think for one minute I'm AOK with this then your wrong, and as half the forum can attest I went full warpath on how shit Halo Infinites Microtransactions are.

It's not even an issue of the cost, it's the fact they are in the title at all. The game will have been designed in some ways to be more "grindy" than it should be to push people towards these MTX, there is no way you can design a system that supports these types of purchases without effecting game design, it simply does not happen.

Fuck... well this is a real downer for when my copy arrirves.

Last edited:

BuddyLaDouche

Neo Member
I won the first championship race series.

X2 races , hard mode but basically an intro series and won 80k credits.

The grind is fun as well.
Agree. I played about 2-hours at midnight and managed to make around 150k in just low-payout intro level races and B-level license tests. I assume they were just trying to pay me for making me watch an un-skippable 8 minute movie before I could play.

Godot25

Banned

Yes
I'm sure Sony is raising price, so people WON'T BUY them...

What kind of logic is to put microtransactions in games, so people will buy them?

Outlier

what !? are you telling me that $10 price increase wasn't for quality ?
Nah. It's all a cover for inflation.

Honestly this doesn't upset me, as long as those prices are for those legendary classic cars that I don't care to drive, anyway.

ethomaz

Banned
Ohhhh they changed how MTX economy works.

GTS - You can buy cars for a price.
GT7 - You can buy credits for a price.

A car that costed less via direct price (and got even get flash sales) in GTS is now brought at ingame credit in GT7... buy credits is more expensive than buy the car directly.

That is indeed a good move for the overall economy... so players will rely more in ingame earn than MTX.

modiz

It's okay to be a fan of something but this is something next level.
I don't even know where to start arguing, it's like a comment from another universe.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Well we know they will put in game credit to buy via money in the game... GTS had it.

ourexpectations.jpg

ethomaz

Banned
Yes
I'm sure Sony is raising price, so people WON'T BUY them...

What kind of logic is to put microtransactions in games, so people will buy them?
You have a pyramid actually.

1) People that buy expensive no matter what.
2) People that buy until a certain limit (this group is more complex than that but let fit everybody that pays here).
3) People that doesn't buy.

Basically the change makes MTX aim just that first group.... when in GTS it was aimed to groups 1 and 2.
Sony is basically holding the people that expend money no matter what and making the people that has a limit to how high they go to become non-expense guys.

Look I don't want MTX in games but that is a lose cause already.
But if there is MTX it is better to be not affordable to everybody.

I don't buy cars via MTX so that move makes me very happy indeed... more players will be focused in ingame credits then MTX.
The best should be not have MTX at all.

Fuck that, i'll grind.
I support that.
And you are an example that the MTX increase is working.

Last edited:
Top Bottom