• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7: An upcoming beta on PS5?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
It is the GTPlanet site, which scrutinizes everything that is happening around the license and other simulations, which raised the alert.

unknown.png

For a few hours, a sort of interactive registration for a beta of Gran Turismo 7 has been activated, although no announcement has been made by Sony, and everything is presented as a full-scale test.
Indeed, by going to the official PlayStation Experience site, it is possible to click on Start Quest, then, in the small window on the left, go to the leftmost tab and click on Italia Quest.
This done, we find a new menu, in which we find a box Gran Turismo Quest - Italia Gran Turismo Beta Access (TEST).

unknown.png

By activating it, Sony asks us to watch 10 seconds of the game trailer, after which a PS5 beta passcode will be displayed.
At the moment, only one code (1234-5678-9012) is offered to all participants, and it does not work, which corresponds to the mention test in the title of the quest.
While waiting to know what Sony is preparing about Gran Turismo 7, remember that a beta was also offered before the release of Gran Turismo Sport in 2017. It therefore seems possible that the operation will be repeated.
Right now, the test has the July 31 deadline, but there's little chance it's anything other than a placeholder.

gt7-beta-quest-20210712.jpg

Can You Smell The Rock GIF by WWE

Source

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Are you trolling with that screenshot OP? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Anyway, it would be great to get a beta soon. Lets hope the penalties system is sorted out. It was far too finnicky last gen.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Without a beta you may get bugs during launch how can I discover glitches and bugs if there’s not a beta?

skit_data

I’d be so happy if this releases early 2022.

I mean, they had a playable version a year ago, it’s plausible.

penalty sytem is now best it has ever been (so no penalties for slight contact, just for ramming)
I agree gt sport has one of the best penalty systems outside of ACC which is a fucking ball buster

I don’t think the full game is going to be releasing anytime soon…I’d put a bet down for late 2022 early 23

small_law

I'm desperate for this game to come out, but I can't be the only one that remembers how long GT5 was delayed. Spring 2023 at the earliest. I hope I'm wrong.

In that case Sony should not make this game cross gen.
I agree but Sony won’t leave a large chunk of money sitting on the ground…..I do miss actual next gen only cutoffs as it’s clear we are going to be getting call of duty’s/bf and other titles cross gen for some years

Inviusx

In that case Sony should not make this game cross gen.

Cross gen is the best thing that could happen for a game like GT. The online portion of the game needs players filling lobbies and the numbers aren't there yet with pure PS5 sales to give the game a solid online player base from day 1.

Opening it up to PS4 is going to allow the online portion to thrive immediately. It's a great decision.

Bryank75

Banned
Cross gen is the best thing that could happen for a game like GT. The online portion of the game needs players filling lobbies and the numbers aren't there yet with pure PS5 sales to give the game a solid online player base from day 1.

Opening it up to PS4 is going to allow the online portion to thrive immediately. It's a great decision.

Alright Hermen. Using the Dinosaur avatar is a dead giveaway btw.

Melfice7

Id buy a ps5 for gt7 , i wont be buying gt7 for ps4

Lone Wolf

Well, if this game is late 2022 or even 2023, we should have 20 million PS5s out there. At some point, last gen has to be cut off. I understand your point, and you are not wrong, but the game would be so much better not depending on the all powerful Jaguar cores.

Inviusx

Alright Hermen. Using the Dinosaur avatar is a dead giveaway btw.
Id buy a ps5 for gt7 , i wont be buying gt7 for ps4
Well, if this game is late 2022 or even 2023, we should have 20 million PS5s out there. At some point, last gen has to be cut off. I understand your point, and you are not wrong, but the game would be so much better not depending on the all powerful Jaguar cores.

Keep in mind that I'm approaching this purely as someone who put 600+ hours into GT Sport online lobbies.

That’s a good point
Wreckfest when it was free on ps plus 2 months ago was your classic example…you could only play with ps5 players or ps4 only….it’s only after the recent patch that’s allowed both versions to play with each other but you found most people were simply playing the ps4 version as it had more players

kyliethicc

They can just use the GT Sport engine for the PS4 version of GT7, while still having the exact same new content as the PS5 version.

Klik

fanatec direct drive wheel official for gt7 ? great news

Lol i was about to buy Thrustmaster TGT 2 because i need a wheel for GT sport/ GT7. Now that i know Fanatec partnered with GT i'm definitely waiting for this one!

TGT2 is alright wheel but its almost same as TGT 1 and not worth it 750€.

sncvsrtoip

Lol i was about to buy Thrustmaster TGT 2 because i need a wheel for GT sport/ GT7. Now that i know Fanatec partnered with GT i'm definitely waiting for this one!

TGT2 is alright wheel but its almost same as TGT 1 and not worth it 750€.
absolutly don't buy overpriced tgt2 ;d fanatec blog hint that they will sell this new wheel for gran turismo with bundle "Direct Drive + Load Cell + Below 700"

Crossgen and cross play are good for games especially like racing , u need players for online , ps5 alone with gt7 won't be good in the long term, but withcrossgen the game will be populated for a very long time
Driving games have so much scalability u can do full 4k 60, 3d trees , higher quality textures, more detailed models of cars on ps5 while PS4 can do 1080p or something lower

Klik

absolutly don't buy overpriced tgt2 ;d fanatec blog hint that they will sell this new wheel for gran turismo with bundle "Direct Drive + Load Cell + Below 700"
Yeah i even saw PRO version so we might get CSL DD GT+ 8nm supply bundle(with pedals)

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Praying that the game won't be censure, as Sony seems to enjoy censoring Japanese games weirdly.

It's one of my most wanted game of the gen, Jimbo and Hermen better not fuck with our Kazunori.
Yeah, racing sims are known for their lewd content.

Top Bottom