• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 - Daytona International Speedway Gameplay Video | PS5, PS4

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
wipers do not rattle unless something is broken
Oh they do, in race cars like these.

The game needs more gritty details, like this photo from a recent event:
t2nv9yr9.jpg

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
Besides some of the fictional tracks where it's obvious they hastily put it together with their internal procedural course maker to save time, the real circuit tracks that PD actually spends quality effort in developing easily has some of the best pbr material work and environment detail. It's also still the only sim racer with mostly 3d crowds who also walk about the track too.
GTSport already had some high quality ray-traced static baked lighting which is why the general look in GT7 doesn't look like a significant upgrade, but the move to a real-time day and night system while maintaining that level of quality in GT7 definitely is a pretty big step up.

GTSport also had static weather with 2D jpeg images for the skybox, while GT7 has a full on volumetric 3d procedural cloud/weather simulation system. They're doing quite a bit more than I was expecting for a cross-gen title that also has to run at 60fps on a base ps4. I was pretty disappointed in the cross-gen news at first but am satisfied with what they've revealed closer to release. They just need to get some outsource help in building assets for some fictional tracks for future titles/updates.

2gzwTLP.gif

With a track like Daytona I think it's reaching diminishing returns while driving. I'm not sure what more you would want out of this track until the move to full on path traced lighting.

gt7daytonacompare93unqnkmv.png

gt7daytonacompare93unc5kug.png

gt7daytonacompare6unt4dkjq.png

gt7daytonacompare6untrvjj5.png

gt7daytonacompare2unt0cjse.png

gt7daytonacompare2untrvjes.png

gt7daytonacompare3untj5ket.png

gt7daytonacompare3untyokxs.png

gt7daytonacompare9unta3jrf.png

gt7daytonacompare9untgcjcp.png

d1N27L5.gif
real life graphics are shit
Oh they do, in race cars like these.

The game needs more gritty details, like this photo from a recent event:
t2nv9yr9.jpg
that's the end of a 24h race.. of course, cars will look battered

Last edited:

sankt-Antonio

real life graphics are shit

that's the end of a 24h race.. of course, cars will look battered
There will be stuff on the road in any race , tires loose bits and pieces all the time, dust besides the race line etc. Before any race there are other races beforehand, quali etc. The road will always look used and gritty.

SLB1904

Banned
There will be stuff on the road in any race , tires loose bits and pieces all the time, dust besides the race line etc. Before any race there are other races beforehand, quali etc. The road will always look used and gritty.
that's not true at all, race tracks are cleaned before every race(at least in the racing line due to time constraints) but they absolute clean the race, do you think all that rubbish is decoration lol
those pieces of rubble are called marbles for the simple reason it can upset the car and definitely causes tyre puncture. no one is risking that.

sankt-Antonio

that's not true at all, race tracks are cleaned before every race(at least in the racing line due to time constraints) but they absolute clean the race, do you think all that rubbish is decoration lol
those pieces of rubble are called marbles for the simple reason it can upset the car and definitely causes tyre puncture. no one is risking that.
Dude, a racetrack after lap 1 with 2x cars on the track os going to look dirty. Someone goes of track, Debis is on the road. All I wanted to point out is that GT7 in the OP video looks to clean.

SLB1904

Banned
Dude, a racetrack after lap 1 with 2x cars on the track os going to look dirty. Someone goes of track, Debis is on the road. All I wanted to point out is that GT7 in the OP video looks to clean.
i didn't say otherwise. i was just pointing out that's a 24h race pic, of course, it will look absolutely dirty.. also that's a game in development, gt sport has debris on the road(cosmetic only).
and no, 1 or 2 laps isnt enough for the tyre leave debris like that lol

Markio128

I think if you really want to experience something super realistic, then it’s best to try real-life. That’s what it’s there for.

Business

It doesn't help that the cars run super smooth on the road surface either, visually it's hard to say if the cars are being pushed or not at all. All in all the game looks great, but when you see it in movement it has a bit of a synthetic look.

Besides some of the fictional tracks where it's obvious they hastily put it together with their internal procedural course maker to save time, the real circuit tracks that PD actually spends quality effort in developing easily has some of the best pbr material work and environment detail. It's also still the only sim racer with mostly 3d crowds who also walk about the track too.
GTSport already had some high quality ray-traced static baked lighting which is why the general look in GT7 doesn't look like a significant upgrade, but the move to a real-time day and night system while maintaining that level of quality in GT7 definitely is a pretty big step up.

GTSport also had static weather with 2D jpeg images for the skybox, while GT7 has a full on volumetric 3d procedural cloud/weather simulation system. They're doing quite a bit more than I was expecting for a cross-gen title that also has to run at 60fps on a base ps4. I was pretty disappointed in the cross-gen news at first but am satisfied with what they've revealed closer to release. They just need to get some outsource help in building assets for some fictional tracks for future titles/updates.

2gzwTLP.gif

With a track like Daytona I think it's reaching diminishing returns while driving. I'm not sure what more you would want out of this track until the move to full on path traced lighting.

gt7daytonacompare93unqnkmv.png

gt7daytonacompare93unc5kug.png

gt7daytonacompare6unt4dkjq.png

gt7daytonacompare6untrvjj5.png

gt7daytonacompare2unt0cjse.png

gt7daytonacompare2untrvjes.png

gt7daytonacompare3untj5ket.png

gt7daytonacompare3untyokxs.png

gt7daytonacompare9unta3jrf.png

gt7daytonacompare9untgcjcp.png

d1N27L5.gif

Those are some mighty fine gifs.

Season 5 Finger Guns GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Aenima

Might depend of the tracks but thers debris in GT7 tracks. In the Daytona video you can even see debris flying when the car in front get the tire off track.

d1N27L5.gif

Gran-Turismo-7-Tsukuba-damp-Copy-1536x864.jpg

Last edited:

rolandss

I think some of you guys forgot how bad the shadows and draw distance could look on GTS, those are things that you don't see on youtube video's in cockpit or replays footage but noticeable when playing outside view. GT7 has huge upgrades in shadow quality and draw distance, yes the lighting and shaders looks similar but everything else seems like a decent upgrade. We can expect higher lod, better shadows, better draw distance, better relfections and high quality motion blur. Its like GTS running on a high end pc with everything maxed out. And how can you not see the upgrades, i mean look at this (similir ligthing scene), GT7 will look soo much better in the same scene with the upgrades i wrote above.
49476158087_65dea7075e_o.png

49476158987_3f5e7d37e4_o.png
I was gonna say, draw distance. Try looking in your mirror on GT Sport on any track and watch it disappear about 50 meters behind you, or watch trees pop in in the distance. GT Sport is a great looking game but this is a big improvement on it from where it sitting. The only annoying I noticed is there’s still a bit of pop in these trailers but you have to search for it. It’s not like Sport.

Top Bottom