• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 is coming...

Bryank75

Banned
So I dropped into my local Gamestop yesterday and they have the promotional boxes for GT7 and details including an April 2019 release and collectors edition featuring a real, wearable racing helmet.
It apparently will have the full single player career mode like in games previous to GT Sport.

I imagine we will see this at E3

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Good news 😎 but I'm sure it will be delayed like every other GT title
Very true, the last three have been ridiculous waits. 6 probably shouldn't have happened in all honesty. I hope they bring some innovations this time. Forza seems to be ahead in that department.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Promised as day 1 game on ps5
Then gets delayed for another 2 years so
Earliest 2022

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Why would game stop have promo details before Sony has said anything? E3 announcement incoming?

EDMIX

Good news 😎 but I'm sure it will be delayed like every other GT title

Well most GT titles on a platform that are the second to release, come out sooner then the first ie GT2, GT4, GT6 etc. I'd imagine GT7 would release sooner and smoother considering the engine is already built. A lot of those delays are because of the complexity of building that engine while building the game, where now they are just building on top of that existing engine.

Though I feel GT7 spring 2019 sounds crazy, its not like we won't see a GT7 so, could be true.

Geki-D

Banned
Pretty sure there was a time on GAF people got banned for starting false rumours like this without proof. You could be playing with fire here, TC. Hope those pics are forthcoming.

Doesn't really sound legit though. Promotional stuff out a year before the game's release? A release date already announced a year ahead? a CE already announced this early? Yeah, no. Pics please.

Last edited:

Dante83

Banned
GT sports post-patch has some good content with those career modes, more tracks and cars. The campaign took me a while to beat. It launched with limited content, but post-launch, it has been a joy to play and experience the game. I actually played it a lot more than forza 7. I just like the feel of the game better than forza 7, and graphics actually looked damn good too. I feel that the HDR implementation in GT sports is better. It gives the game a nicer look even though forza 7 is native 4K. What polyphony has done impressed me, but I do wish they had launched the game with the career mode day 1. Isn't GT sports the true GT7, but without the number? It is big enough of an upgrade IMO.

Last edited:

Blood Borne

Very true, the last three have been ridiculous waits. 6 probably shouldn't have happened in all honesty. I hope they bring some innovations this time. Forza seems to be ahead in that department.
What are these Forza innovations you speak of?

As far as I'm aware, other than content, GT Sport is a better game than Forza 7. The graphics, the physics, the animation, etc. Go watch the extensive comparisons on YouTube.

Arkhan

Grand Vizier of Khemri
Staff Member
Something I have seen a bit of lately is companies mocking up boxes to sell unannounced preorders. I came across one for BF5 the other day, showing future soldiers when all rumours point to it being WW2. In this case though, it does not explain such a specific collectors edition. Try and grab those pics OP, as if you are correct it would appear you have the scoop on this.

Bryank75

Banned
Something I have seen a bit of lately is companies mocking up boxes to sell unannounced preorders. I came across one for BF5 the other day, showing future soldiers when all rumours point to it being WW2. In this case though, it does not explain such a specific collectors edition. Try and grab those pics OP, as if you are correct it would appear you have the scoop on this.
I got the pics this morning but had a few things to do before I could post them.... Such as get an imgur account.
Collectors edition rumour is from the GameStop employee. He stated it as a fact though....

Dontero

Banned
IT would be very weird to announce it now. But i guess it would be also nothing new. GT games usually are not announced on E3. So i guess maybe they will just announce it this month (maybe in few next days) while on E3 they will not waste time with car game on main stage but move it toward booths.

OP is either trolling or someone at the store is or both.

This is from three years ago.

72301-gran-turismo-7.jpg

http://vgboxart.com/view/72301/gran-turismo-7-cover/

Bryank75

Banned
People do a lot of weird things for arbitrary reasons.
Well, I can have a look in another GameStop tomorrow and ask the staff. Maybe it’s just an in-house promo box as Arkhan was saying and they just got a random image online. All the other boxes seem to be confirmed games, so I don’t have any reason to doubt them otherwise.

Arkhan

Grand Vizier of Khemri
Staff Member
I got the pics this morning but had a few things to do before I could post them.... Such as get an imgur account.
Collectors edition rumour is from the GameStop employee. He stated it as a fact though....

They may have info on a release date but the box is certainly a place holder they have printed from the internet. This happening more in stores I feel is a direct result of companies like amazon, which have for years been 'selling' speculative preorders with mock covers, albeit not with fan art. It seems more underhanded somehow for a physical display to do this but it is really no different and ensures that retail stores can take a piece of those far off preorder games.

Bryank75

Banned
They may have info on a release date but the box is certainly a place holder they have printed from the internet. This happening more in stores I feel is a direct result of companies like amazon, which have for years been 'selling' speculative preorders with mock covers, albeit not with fan art. It seems more underhanded somehow for a physical display to do this but it is really no different and ensures that retail stores can take a piece of those far off preorder games.
Yeah, it seems like that. I'm curious to see if it's in the other stores in nearby cities. I assume it is but I'll update anyway after I find out.

Yup its seems like one of those preorders companies take for games that may or may not be released/made.

scydrex

I would be so happy if this were true but i don't think so.... Maybe 2020 or 2021 to see the next GT on PS5...

Shin

Banned
Dat GameStop marketing..
giphy.gif

Now people might go to their store to check it out or even pre-order, sales staff can try and up-sell further.
All in a day's work :)
Technically it's not surprising based on 2 things (even if he's said it before about the models) Kaz said.
The models can scale well up to 8K or something like that and the next GT game won't take so long.
2019 is surprising though, could it be PS5 hits next year because if not then a year later they'll have to upgrade the game to take advantage of that unless Sony copies MS like XBOX handles older games.
Time will tell.

Last edited:
Top Bottom