• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Just reached driver rank A and i'm super happy about it. Very proud of myself to see the progression from starting GT7 after a decade of sim abstinence and "reaching" further for perfection. There is still a lot for me to improve and i fear that i will soon reach a point where i can't evolve beyond my current skill level especially because of the controller. I think more and more about a wheel...

I'm so obsessed with Gran Turismo 7. :messenger_beaming:

Curse Them Boy Meets World GIF

Hey friend I know I already congratulated on WhatsApp but again, nice job man. You really put in the effort!!!!! Now A+ and play top split lol!!

Wish I wasn't still a bit burned out from playing Sport so much. But the light will fire up someday soon I hope! Maybe when I get a PS5, I dunno

Elden Ring and Infinite are like crack ATM =/

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!

Update Details (1.18)​

A new update for Gran Turismo 7 has been released. The following is a list of the adjustments introduced.

Improvements and Adjustments​

1. Car Settings
 - Fixed an issue wherein after changing to a specific gear ratio, the adjustable range and set value of the gear ratio would change each time the settings were opened.

2. Music Replay
 - Fixed an issue wherein the game would crash if the Honda Sports VGT was the camera target in Music Replay.

3. GT Auto
 - Fixed an issue wherein the colour of the brake calipers could not be changed if body paint was applied to a car equipped with the following tuning parts in the [Livery Editor]:
  ・ Racing Brake Kit (Slotted Discs)
  ・ Racing Brake Kit (Drilled Discs)
  ・ Carbon Ceramic Brake Kit

- Fixed an issue wherein the colour of the brake calipers would change when body paint was applied to the following cars in the [Livery Editor]:
  ・ Alpine Vision Gran Turismo
  ・ Aston Martin DP-100 Vision Gran Turismo
  ・ Lambo V12 Vision Gran Turismo
  ・ Mini Clubman Vision Gran Turismo
  ・ Porsche 917 LIVING LEGEND
  ・ Dodge SRT Tomahawk S Vision Gran Turismo

4. Save Data
 - Fixed an issue wherein the save data would not load correctly from the server if playing on a console with no 'Gran Turismo 7' save data stored on it, or if multiple consoles were used.

5. Steering Controllers
 - Fixed an issue wherein the steering angle would not reflect the player’s inputs on some cars when using the Logitech G923.

6. Café
 - Fixed an issue wherein it was possible to receive multiple Tickets repeatedly from Extra Menus.

7. Circuit Experience
 - Fixed an issue wherein the label above a car would not display correctly in a Circuit Experience replay.

8. Race
 - Fixed an issue wherein the race would start with the Replay Camera when starting an offline race after spectating in a Lobby.

9. Others
 - Various other issues have been addressed.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Finally got my hands on the Fererri Testarossa at last and then also bought the Escudo Pikes Peak as well.
They still haven't added the ability to sell cars, right?

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

It has been a while since we last heard about Gran Turismo Sophy, the cutting-edge artificial intelligence system developed by Polyphony Digital in collaboration with Sony AI, but it’s back with a vengeance and faster than ever.

If you need a refresher, check our deep dive on how Gran Turismo Sophy actually works including an exclusive interview with GT series creator Kazunori Yamauchi and the head of Sony AI America, Peter Wurman. In summary, it’s an AI system trained with neural networks instead of the traditional rules-based AI that has appeared in every Gran Turismo until now. (And no, Sophy isn’t in Gran Turismo 7 yet, but will be coming in a future update.)

Polyphony Digital and Sony AI have been quiet about Sophy since it was revealed in February, but a new video was uploaded to the Sony AI YouTube channel which shows the digital driver in action once again.

This time, it’s driving the Mercedes C9 ’89 on Racing Hard tires at the Nurburgring Nordschleife in GT Sport’s Lewis Hamilton Time Trial Challenge. It completed the lap in 5:22.975 — more than 17 seconds faster than Lewis Hamilton’s own benchmark.

It’s an impressive feat, and just a few seconds off the official real-world record time of 5:19.546 currently held by the Porsche 919 Hybrid EVO. However, watching the video it’s clear the AI is taking more than a few liberties with GT Sport’s track limits to get the absolute most out of the car — but it’s still a valid lap in the game.

Before you get too intimidated by Sophy’s skills, keep in mind this latest video is still just a technical showcase of what the new AI system is capable of. As Kazunori Yamauchi said in our most recent interview, he intends for Sophy to appear in Gran Turismo 7 “as a teacher that will teach driving to players, a student that will learn sportsmanship from players, and as a friend to race with.” Sony AI’s Peter Wurman confirmed the team’s “ultimate goal is to create an agent that can give players of all kinds an exciting race experience.”

To see how Sophy handles interacting with other players, be sure to check out Polyphony Digital’s “Race Together” live streams from private live events held last year:

GladiusFrog

Been playing this on PS4 Pro since launch daily and I thought it was the best looking game ever. Then I played on a PS5 in true 4k... wow.

Also I hope we get more events soon, Would be nice to have some muscle car race series with higher difficulty.

Aenima

Who did you guys picked for the prediction contest for the winners of the manufactors and nations cup?

I havent followed any streams with the pro players, so i have no idea how well they are doing with GT7. But i picked Igor Fraga for manufactor series, just cuz hes a previous world champion, but i doubt he really wins cuz BMW and Mazdas as far as im aware are a bit more OP and Fraga is racing for Toyota.

For nations cup i voted Vallerio Gallo, once again his a previous world champion, but no idea how well he adapted to the GT7 physics. But have a feeling he might do well in GT7 too.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Who did you guys picked for the prediction contest for the winners of the manufactors and nations cup?

I havent followed any streams with the pro players, so i have no idea how well they are doing with GT7. But i picked Igor Fraga for manufactor series, just cuz hes a previous world champion, but i doubt he really wins cuz BMW and Mazdas as far as im aware are a bit more OP and Fraga is racing for Toyota.

For nations cup i voted Vallerio Gallo, once again his a previous world champion, but no idea how well he adapted to the GT7 physics. But have a feeling he might do well in GT7 too.
Manufactures Cup - Igor Fraga
Nations Cup - Takuma Miyazono

jm89

Don't know how I managed to gold S10. My lap was me sliding around some corners, going wide and having to brake harshly.

Personally found ia10 harder and some of the s licenses harder then S10.

Well, I finally picked this up a few days ago and... wow! When the game first launched I was neck deep in Elden Ring and had zero interest in anything else until I'd had my fill. Plus I'd read about the launch issues so I figured wait a few months and a handful of patches later to jump in.

Playing this game is like coming home. Like many others I have fond memories of the the original game that started it all on PS1, hours spent perfecting those license tests, the attention to detail, all the little things missing from almost every other racer. The last GT I spent time with was GT5 on PS3, absolutely adored that game. Still remember one event clear as day, driving a Lamborghini at night through the countryside, fireworks filling the night sky, absolutely magical.

The point is it's been awhile and man oh man, despite the pedigree of GT and Yamauchi's adoration of all things Motorsports I was not prepared for the sheer perfection that is GT7. Put simply, this may be the greatest "racing" game ever made. I put "racing" in quotations because this is so much more than that. This is an absolute love letter to all things cars, a monument to the vehicles and companies that created them. The sheer amount of content is mind-boggling. The attention to detail at fetishistic levels. Meticulously researched and informative, mountains of data on cars and their manufacturers both big and small. You can't help but be inspired, you can't help but fall in love even if - like me - you've never really been a "car guy".

All this would mean nothing if it didn't play well and look the part but this is GT, a series that has always nailed the handling and has always been on the cutting-edge with it's visuals. With the PS5 things are elevated to a higher plane with magnificent DualSense implementation. This is a title that looks, sounds and *feels* like a dream. Photorealism? Finally achieved. Whether taking in the glorious replays or setting up the perfect shot in Scapes mode (complete with a staggering 2500 real world locations to choose from, it's almost too much to process), most of the time GT7 is indistinguishable from real life.

I could go on praising this game for hours on end. 87 metacritic? Severely underrated. This is one of those rare games that you feel *priveleged* to play, a game that makes you want to stand up and applaud the devs, literally. I'm overjoyed that this game exists and feel lucky that I get to experience it.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

I finally golded all the circuit experiences.

I had most for quite a while now but lacked the motivation to go for the rally tracks because i knew it would be tough. It wasn't even hard to get gold for the individual sectors but to pull it all off in one lap proved to be quite the challenge. By the time i got gold for Sardegna and Colorado Springs the Fishermans Ranch wasn't even that hard anymore. I guess it was just a matter of getting used to the handling after racing soley on asphalt for the most part. And the damn jumps messed me up so often.

Initially i thought that the Nordschleife would be the biggest hurdle but i memorized the layout fairly quickly and the time for gold was resenable. The Tokyo Expressway experiences for the WRX and the BMW Z4 took me the longest. There is just no room for errors here with the walls. But they were very exhilarating once i knew what's possible.

Would have never thought i get all these when i started playing. Really proud of myself! :messenger_sunglasses:

52237502031_31a94847d9_o.png

52237502026_dd6c21e98c_o.png

Markio128

I finally golded all the circuit experiences.

I had most for quite a while now but lacked the motivation to go for the rally tracks because i knew it would be tough. It wasn't even hard to get gold for the individual sectors but to pull it all off in one lap proved to be quite the challenge. By the time i got gold for Sardegna and Colorado Springs the Fishermans Ranch wasn't even that hard anymore. I guess it was just a matter of getting used to the handling after racing soley on asphalt for the most part. And the damn jumps messed me up so often.

Initially i thought that the Nordschleife would be the biggest hurdle but i memorized the layout fairly quickly and the time for gold was resenable. The Tokyo Expressway experiences for the WRX and the BMW Z4 took me the longest. There is just no room for errors here with the walls. But they were very exhilarating once i knew what's possible.

Would have never thought i get all these when i started playing. Really proud of myself! :messenger_sunglasses:

52237502031_31a94847d9_o.png

52237502026_dd6c21e98c_o.png
There has always been quite a bit of hate for the rally races in GT games, but I‘ve found the rally races in GT7 to be really fun once I got used to the handling. In fact, I’d really love PD to release a rally career mode for GT7, with a few new locations, with various routes And weather conditions.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Update Details (1.19)​

1. Cars
- The following 3 new cars have been added:
 ・Maserati A6GCS/53 Spyder '54
 ・Nissan Skyline Super Silhouette Group 5 '84
 ・Porsche 918 Spyder '13

*The ‘Maserati A6GCS/53 Spyder '54’ and ‘Nissan Skyline Super Silhouette Group 5 '84’ will be available will be purchasable from ‘Legend Cars’ from 29 July.

2.Cafe
- Added 20 sets of new conversations with the Characters appearing in the Café. These new conversations can be accessed by changing cars in 'Garage' and speaking with the Character that is in the Café
- In extra menus, cars which have not been obtained yet can be added or removed from the wishlist.
- The following 2 Menu Books have been added*
 ・Menu Book No. 43: ‘Enter the Neo Classical Challenge’ (Collector Level 33 and above)
 ・Menu Book No. 44: ‘Enter the Hyper Car Parade’ (Collector Level 35 and above)
- The following 2 Extra Menus have been added*
 ・Extra Menu No. 4: ‘Collection: Nissan Fairlady Z’ (Collector Level 29 and above)
 ・Extra Menu No. 5: ‘Collection: Dodge Viper’ (Collector Level 34 and above)

*The new Menu Books and Extra Menus will appear after clearing Menu Book No. 39 'Championship: World GT Series' and having watched the ending.

3.World Circuits
- The following new events have been added to 'World Circuits':
 ・Neoclassical Challenge
  - Fuji International Speedway
  - Red Bull Ring
  - Willow Springs International Raceway
 ・Hyper Car Parade
  - Kyoto Driving Park
  - 24 Heures du Mans Racing Circuit
  - Trial Mountain Circuit

*In order to play these new events, it is necessary to unlock and accept Menu Books No. 43 and No. 44.

4.Brand Central
- New Museum entries have been added for ‘Tesla’ in the Americas section, and ‘Radical’ in the Europe section.

5.Scapes
- The ‘Tomica Town’ and ‘Shizuoka Region’ locations have been added as featured Curations in Scapes.

6.GT Auto
- ‘Toyo Tires Proxes’ has been added to ‘Customize Cars’ > ‘Livery Editor’ > ‘Race Options’ > ‘Tire Stickers’.

7.Race
- Tires, power restrictors and ballast can now be purchased from the ‘Race Shop’ in the quick menu. The Race Shop is only available in the quick menu for Garage Car races. Additionally, the Race Shop can be accessed from the Lobby and Meeting Place quick menus. However, in Sport Mode it can only be accessed from the Race Details screen before entry.

8.Lobby / Meeting Place / Sport
- ‘Test Connection Quality’ function added to the Sport top page.
- According to the race event settings, the Balance of Performance (BoP) is now displayed as 3 variations: High-speed (H), Mid-speed (M) and Low-speed (L).
- Message templates are now supported in chat. Message templates can only be used in Lobby, Meeting Place and Sport modes. Please note that templates cannot be used in conjunction with free text input.
- The option to ‘Mute Chat messages’ has been added to the menu when selecting a user in the member list.
- User chat messages will now automatically be muted after being reported using the ‘Report user message’ function.

9.Custom Race / Lobby
- ‘Load Settings’ and ‘Save Settings’ functions have been added to the settings screen in Custom Race and Lobby modes. Up to 50 settings can be saved for each of the Custom Race and Lobby modes.
 ・Load Settings
  - When loading settings from a different track, in Custom Race mode all settings except for the track, weather and time (both preset and custom weather) will be loaded. In Lobby mode all settings will be loaded.
  - When using ‘Rival Selection’ > ‘Select from Garage’ in ‘Rival Settings’, if the car saved in the race settings no longer exists in the Garage, it wil be replaced by the car the player is currently driving.
 ・Save Settings
  - As well as being able to save settings, it is possible to ‘Overwrite’ and ‘Delete’ previous settings from the new save button.
  - Settings may be named using up to 32 characters.
  - The save screen can also be accessed from ‘Lobby’ > ‘Quick Menu’ > ‘Race Settings’.
  - The ‘Ghosting During Race’ option under ‘Custom Race’ > ‘Penalty Settings’ has now been removed.

10.Options
- ‘Storage Available’ and ‘Chat Function’ have been added to the Global tab.
 ・Storage Available: Shows the size of items saved on the console storage.
 ・Chat Function: Turns the chat function on/off in Lobbies and Online Races*

*With the Chat Function turned off, a yellow system message will be displayed in the chat history, but all messages both sent and received will be hidden.

Other Improvements and Adjustments​

1.Physics Simulation Mode
- Fixed an issue where setting Countersteering Assistance to ‘Strong’ produced excessive feedback on steering controllers with certain cars.

2.Steering Controllers
- On Logitech G923 Racing Wheels the control method for the maximum steering rotation has changed. Reaching the limit now produces a natural level of feedback. The maximum rotation will differ depending on the vehicle.

3.Cafe
- The initial position for the cursor when entering the Cafe is now set to the Menu Book icon on the far left.

4.My Page
- The Milestones section text for completing all bronze or all gold on Missions has been changed from a number to the stage name.

6.Showcase
- In My Library, the details screen for content that has not been shared yet has been changed to a lighter colour to make it easier to differentiate from content that has already been shared.

7.Licenses
- Fixed an issue where the player ghost would not appear after completing a full lap time attack on Super License stages ‘S-8 Autodromo de Interlagos’ and ‘S-10 Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps’.

8.Wish List
- Wish lists for Brand Central, Legend Cars and Used Cars are now shown together.

9.Sound
- Fixed an issue where the horn sound would not play when performing an engine swap in ‘Garage’ > ‘Tuning Parts’.

10.GT Auto
- The correct car width will now show after installing a wide body kit under ‘Maintenance & Servicing’ > ‘Modify’. Please not that the Jeep Willys MB ’45 is unaffected by this change.

11.Lobby
- Fixed an issue in race settings where it was possible to adjust the ‘Initial Fuel’ after setting ‘Fuel Consumption Rate’ to off.
- Fixed an issue where the viewpoint could not be changed when selecting ‘Spectate’ after a race has started.
- On the ‘Spectate’ screen, after hiding the control panel with the cancel button, it will only reappear after pressing the confirm or cancel buttons.
- Under ‘Penalty Settings’, when ‘Ghosting During Race’ is set to ‘Strong’ the effect where cars are ghosted when colliding with other cars at excessive speeds now applies to all cars regardless of Driver Rating (DR).

Con-Z-epT

There has always been quite a bit of hate for the rally races in GT games, but I‘ve found the rally races in GT7 to be really fun once I got used to the handling. In fact, I’d really love PD to release a rally career mode for GT7, with a few new locations, with various routes And weather conditions.
Once i nailed the required times i had a lot of fun and did some custom races straight after that.

It definitely feels like more than a slight diversion so it would be nice to see PD supporting it with bigger events, more missions or even a championship.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

I'm having a lot of fun with the new cars. Haven't tried the Nissan online but i'm curious how it will hold up. And i really love the Porsche. I beefed him up as much as possible and slapped him around the Nordschleife for an eternity today.

The new event in Kyoto can easily be done in less than 10 min with a clean race bonus for 150000cr. So 900000cr in an hour for a fun race that you can do with a multitude of cars. I know its not as efficient as other events but atleast you get a bit of a change if you are looking for credits.

Con-Z-epT

“Gran Turismo Sophy”, the next-generation artificial intelligence system developed by a collaboration between Sony AI and Polyphony Digital, could arrive in Gran Turismo 7 before the end of the year.

The tip comes via GTPlanet user Nebuc72, who spotted an interesting remark from the official Gran Turismo YouTube channel in the Italian-language stream of the World Series Showdown Nations Cup over the weekend.

A user asked in the live chat when Sophy would actually be implemented, to which the official channel responded “la metteremo in-game prima della fine dell’anno se tutto va bene”. In English, this translates to “we will put it in-game before the end of the year if all goes well”.

You can view the comment shortly after the 1:21:54 mark in the Italian live stream.
This is the most specific time-frame we’ve heard for Sophy’s release since it was first revealed back in February. Kazunori Yamauchi confirmed it would be added in a future update to Gran Turismo 7, but didn’t offer any more clues as to exactly when that would be.

The World Series Showdown in Austria also brought our first look at Gran Turismo Sophy actually running in GT7. Until now, it has only been shown running within GT Sport, during the first two “Race Together” events in 2021. It was also recently shown beating a record time in GT Sport’s Lewis Hamilton Time Trial Challenge.

Salzburg’s live event hosted the third “Race Together” competition, which again pit Sophy against elite Gran Turismo players like Igor Fraga and Valerio Gallo. Unfortunately, the full races were not broadcast, but the Nations Cup stream did include brief snippets and reactions from the participating (human) drivers, which you can see in the time-stamped video below:

Although Sophy-controlled cars finished first and second in the opening race at the Sardegna Windmills rally circuit, reigning Gran Turismo World Champion Valerio Gallo was able to defeat Sophy in the second event at Lago Maggiore.

Of course, we still don’t know exactly what form Sophy will take in Gran Turismo 7, or if it will completely replace the game’s existing AI system.

In GTPlanet’s interview with Kazunori Yamauchi after Sophy’s reveal, he described it as appearing in three forms: “As a teacher that will teach driving to players, a student that will learn sportsmanship from players, and as a friend to race with. I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of a B-Spec mode, where the player is the race director and Sophy is the driver.”

Assuming Sophy really does arrive later this year, the most obvious dates to keep an eye on would be November 25-27. That’s when the World Finals return to Monaco, and Polyphony Digital will likely be looking to make a big splash with Gran Turismo 7 ahead of the busy holiday buying season.

Chittagong

Gold Member
A couple of noob questions now that I finished the game

1 - What should I do next? Silver / gold tests? Build my collection?

2 - Is the only way to build my collection now buy cars with credits, after menu books are done?

3 - I got an invite to buy a Lamborghini Veneno 14. Is this rare? Should I buy it?

4 - What’s the best Vision car to buy to complete the menu book race?

Aenima

A couple of noob questions now that I finished the game

1 - What should I do next? Silver / gold tests? Build my collection?

2 - Is the only way to build my collection now buy cars with credits, after menu books are done?

3 - I got an invite to buy a Lamborghini Veneno 14. Is this rare? Should I buy it?

4 - What’s the best Vision car to buy to complete the menu book race?
1- Now u do anything u want. If you want to earn some good credits, doing the circuit experience pays alot. The 1 hour endurance missions also pay alot. Or if you want to just farm credits doing the 30min LeMans race pays 825k, and the 24h Spa race pays 1.5 million for a 60 minute race. I usually do the LeMans to get my daily workout ticket + 825k.

2- You can earn cars from the daily workout tickets, from geting bronze and gold in Licence Tests, and getting gold and bronze in Missions.

3- Yes, invites only drop from daily workout tickets so if you get one, just buy the car if you want it on ur collection cuz u dont know whens the next time u will get another invite.

4- I used the Audi e-Tron (electric version), the Porsche VGT is also good. This both electric cars have crazy aceleration. The Porsche can also be used for the Hypercars menu book, so maybe get the porsche to easy complete both menus.

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member
1- Now u do anything u want. If you want to earn some good credits, doing the circuit experience pays alot. The 1 hour endurance missions also pay alot. Or if you want to just farm credits doing the 30min LeMans race pays 825k, and the 24h Spa race pays 1.5 million for a 60 minute race. I usually do the LeMans to get my daily workout ticket + 825k.

2- You can earn cars from the daily workout tickets, from geting bronze and gold in Licence Tests, and getting gold and bronze in Missions.

3- Yes, invites only drop from daily workout tickets so if you get one, just buy the car if you want it on ur collection cuz u dont know whens the next time u will get another invite.

4- I used the Audi e-Tron (electric version), the Porsche VGT is also good. This both electric cars have crazy aceleration. The Porsche can also be used for the Hypercars menu book, so maybe get the porsche to easy complete both menus.

Thanks. Really appreciate the comprehensive reply. Gives me structure to work with. I think I will start with missions and tests to scoop up the cara from there, and then do Le Manses daily. Porsche sounds like a good choice. In case they don’t have invite-only options maybe I will try to complete the brand.

Top Bottom