• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
52659268858_2d459a03fb_o.png

52659268723_3ebe26da75_o.png

TBiddy

So, I spend a day playing GT7 with my buddy the other day. We tried out the split-screen feature, since we were couch gaming. Is there something I'm missing or is that feature hilariously bad? The game it self is amazing, but that feature smells like an afterthought to me.

We selected the exact same cars and the car belonging to player 1 was faster for some reason. We tested it on a straight and there was a rather large difference (something like 10%). What is the point of that? Also, why is there no option to have AI cars in the race as well?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So, I spend a day playing GT7 with my buddy the other day. We tried out the split-screen feature, since we were couch gaming. Is there something I'm missing or is that feature hilariously bad? The game it self is amazing, but that feature smells like an afterthought to me.

We selected the exact same cars and the car belonging to player 1 was faster for some reason. We tested it on a straight and there was a rather large difference (something like 10%). What is the point of that? Also, why is there no option to have AI cars in the race as well?
Never tried the mode. Probably 99% never tried the mode.

There is your answer as to why :pie_winking:

Con-Z-epT

I think the cars for player one are the ones you have in your garage with the present setup whereas player two gets the stock version.

It wasn't a very flashed out mode at release and never got any substantial improvements since then.

TBiddy

I think the cars for player one are the ones you have in your garage with the present setup whereas player two gets the stock version.

It wasn't a very flashed out mode at release and never got any substantial improvements since then.

Ahhh, that makes sense. We spent a few races wondering why the heck I was losing with huge margins.. turns out there was a reason for it. Thanks guys.

That said, we enjoyed switching places to play single player races. The difference in load times when you're used to Forza 7 on the Xbox is... well, mindboggling. It's insane.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Ahhh, that makes sense. We spent a few races wondering why the heck I was losing with huge margins.. turns out there was a reason for it. Thanks guys.

That said, we enjoyed switching places to play single player races. The difference in load times when you're used to Forza 7 on the Xbox is... well, mindboggling. It's insane.
Yeah, the QoL with load times, etc, are fantastic in this game. You are in the game, in the modes, out of the modes lickety split. Makes for getting at least one race in a day much easier with slim to no downtime in between.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I'm slowly getting better with the wheel after using a controller for racing games since PS2. I used the wheel last year when I got it, but took a long break of GT7, and when I did install it again was using controller.

Hardest part is getting used to the braking and pressure needed. Second hardest thing is getting using to really turning the wheel on tighter turns.

I just want to be mostly ready for PSVR2.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Sound definitely is dead on, especially with a nice 3D headset.

Yeah, I've been using the Pulse. Only problem is Pulse volume seems kind of low at max.

But I lower bgm etc. and it's spot on. I'm getting into tuning proper now and this game can easily burn as much time as an rpg.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yeah, I've been using the Pulse. Only problem is Pulse volume seems kind of low at max.

But I lower bgm etc. and it's spot on. I'm getting into tuning proper now and this game can easily burn as much time as an rpg.
Yeah, I play without race music. Just music in menus. I wish they allowed us to mute certain songs in the menu, like you can BGM, since there are a small amount that grate at me and seek to play often, lol.

Pulse is a little lower than some headsets. I think it’s due to heavier bass drivers than others to balance battery life since bass is the main battery drain on wireless sets.

Some louder sets in the same price range are very tinny and lack punch. Longer battery is their advantage, but I need some bass.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Yeah, I play without race music. Just music in menus. I wish they allowed us to mute certain songs in the menu, like you can BGM, since there are a small amount that grate at me and seek to play often, lol.

Pulse is a little lower than some headsets. I think it’s due to heavier bass drivers than others to balance battery life since bass is the main battery drain on wireless sets.

Some louder sets in the same price range are very tinny and lack punch. Longer battery is their advantage, but I need some bass.

No BGM during racing EVER. In regards to the menu music yeah I wish it would continue instead of resetting to a different song when going back to main menu an such.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Seriously though. You're the best poster bar none ITT.

Nah, this is a community effort. I'm merely enthusiastic about GT7 after a decade of abstinence from sim racing. Where would i be without a conversation and participation from others. It's just one of my favorite threads on GAF so i like to hang around in here.

cormack12

Gold Member
So I've been venturing online a lot lately. For events I don't have the car I'm just renting the event specific one. I'm not Lightning McQueen but sometimes I see this.

Have they just tuned this car up or does the race limiters mean they are just that much better?

iVKNSfd.jpg

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So I've been venturing online a lot lately. For events I don't have the car I'm just renting the event specific one. I'm not Lightning McQueen but sometimes I see this.

Have they just tuned this car up or does the race limiters mean they are just that much better?

iVKNSfd.jpg
Some people are just wizards with their craft in this game. Some are insane on the pad, and other's are insane with a wheel. Near perfect lines and braking/accelerating out of the apexes.

These are the people that didn't struggle with golding all the licenses. To them I say,
200.gif

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

With race limiters you mean the times on the right?

I guess it's from this week's daily race C in which you can tune your car. Many maxed out the requirements. And the best car is in the used car dealerships and not actually available right now. The race is definitely broken in terms of BoP. Chances are very high your car is much slower and it's not actually your skill level that's to low.

cormack12

Gold Member
With race limiters you mean the times on the right?

I guess it's from this week's daily race C in which you can tune your car. Many maxed out the requirements. And the best car is in the used car dealerships and not actually available right now. The race is definitely broken in terms of BoP. Chances are very high your car is much slower and it's not actually your skill level that's to low.
Like when I select a car some things are highlighted in yellow or it adjusts weight and stuff.

Like there is a guy there who has the same car and is like 15 seconds faster. Now I'm not perfect but I know when my car is maxed out and I could maybe legit earn about 2 secs back but that's an insane gap.

So they can just tune their car to really high PP and enter?

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Like when I select a car some things are highlighted in yellow or it adjusts weight and stuff.

Like there is a guy there who has the same car and is like 15 seconds faster. Now I'm not perfect but I know when my car is maxed out and I could maybe legit earn about 2 secs back but that's an insane gap.

It's more about buying the parts that suit the track and maxed out while simultaneously tuning your set up for said track. Gearing, downforce, toe in/out, suspension etc to maximize all.

No TC and use manual.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

When choosing the car it shows you the ones that are usable for the race and when it glows yellow then some requirements are of.

In addition, for this week's daily race C, there are restrictions for tires, PP level, power and weight. This gives you a high amount of possibilities and variables to play with. I also think you can apply aero parts which you haven't done, going by the picture.

Just maxing out these values isn't enough! You have to do it the right way by adjusting it so that you get the most out of it. It also has different effects on every individual car which is also not balanced.

There is a lot to it then just pumping up numbers.

cormack12

Gold Member
When choosing the car it shows you the ones that are usable for the race and when it glows yellow then some requirements are of.

In addition, for this week's daily race C, there are restrictions for tires, PP level, power and weight. This gives you a high amount of possibilities and variables to play with. I also think you can apply aero parts which you haven't done, going by the picture.

Just maxing out these values isn't enough! You have to do it the right way by adjusting it so that you get the most out of it. It also has different effects on every individual car which is also not balanced.

There is a lot to it then just pumping up numbers.

So I guess that's why they run for a week (the dailies)? So I am meant to tune my car after each race to get the most from it and experiment.

Me reading the tuning guides

tumblr_o6f8b5niI91rwfctbo2_1280.gif

sncvsrtoip

Kaz Famitsu interview about psvr2
In fact, support for PSVR 2 was something we had in mind when we started developing Gran Turismo 7. In other words, it was originally produced on the premise of corresponding to VR. Therefore, Gran Turismo 7 was created as VR native in advance. Think of this as almost synonymous with running the game at 4K 60. In order to move the image with that image quality and speed, you have to make the data fairly light. The resolution of the original PS VR machine was low, so even if it was properly rendered, we couldn't solve the problems of motion sickness caused by the resolution and the unnaturalness of distant objects being unclear. This time, the resolution of the head-mounted display panel and the power of the PS5 have improved the drawing ability, and it has become possible to solve it. In addition to being able to output 60fps at normal times, panning and tilting can also be rendered at 120 FPS with reprojection, greatly improving image quality. First of all, I think that racing games are highly compatible with VR. The car moves according to your operation while you are sitting. The movement of the car is mainly in the front-rear direction, and the movement in the left-right direction is restricted. For example, you can't move from a stationary state to the side. You can basically think of it as moving forward. When you turn the steering wheel, the car slowly turns. It does so of its own volition. In addition, we have expressed beautiful scenery and real circuits around the world through the successive works of Gran Turismo, but no matter how elaborate it is, there is always a limit to what can be expressed through a TV monitor. I was Now, with PSVR 2, you can now experience the real scenery by driving the Nürburgring, Tsukuba Circuit, and various other courses. I myself believe that we have achieved the best VR experience that can be obtained in the current situation. Each Gran Turismo series, we have poured most of the available rendering resources into the expression of the car. Even in the current PS5 generation, it is made with much over-spec details. I intend to make it more suitable for future hardware than the PS5. Actually, I was talking to the person in charge of hardware from the stage of deciding the specifications of PSVR 2. In general, I feel that it meets all the specifications currently required. I think a new era has begun for Yamauchi racing games. It can be said that it is a great progress that the driving experience and the driving experience itself can now be the same as the real thing.

Con-Z-epT

So I guess that's why they run for a week (the dailies)? So I am meant to tune my car after each race to get the most from it and experiment.

Me reading the tuning guides

tumblr_o6f8b5niI91rwfctbo2_1280.gif

It's always been a week as a timeframe but these races where you are able to tune your car are very rare. If they appeared then only for daily race A in which your driver and sportsmanship rank are not affected. This is the first time we have a major competetive tuning event like this with different cars and a wide variaty of setups.

I would not expect this to be the norm but on the other hand this year has been quite surprising in terms of dailys compared to last year, so who knows.

If you want the easy way and a head start then look up a guide on YT and just apply the changes. That's usually what i do for online races since i'm pretty bad in setting up cars. Then you are good to go for the week.

For single player i do take the time and make individual setups and setting sheets for different cars to quickly have access to different PP levels and setups for specific events and tracks. Takes a lot of time but is incredibly fun to do so.

Finally got gold on S-7 :messenger_grinning_sweat:. It was a close one too but I couldnt care less to improve the time, just glad its over with. It's not as frustrating but because the car is so insane, you can be off the track in seconds so not much time to practice a whole lap if you keep crashing out in the first three corners. Just one S license gold remaining.

H6Ev7rX.jpg

VM0DEQM.jpg

Last edited:

mrmustard

Banned
Can someone explain me why a thread like this is in the communities section and a thread like the HBO Last of Us in the gaming section? I don't get the rules for that.

Con-Z-epT

Can someone explain me why a thread like this is in the communities section and a thread like the HBO Last of Us in the gaming section? I don't get the rules for that.
At a certain point many threads that where posted in the gaming section will be moved into the community section. It was in the gaming section initially. The TLOU thread is in the gaming section because it's based upon the game. Sure, debatable.

Con-Z-epT

Finally got gold on S-7 :messenger_grinning_sweat:. It was a close one too but I couldnt care less to improve the time, just glad its over with. It's not as frustrating but because the car is so insane, you can be off the track in seconds so not much time to practice a whole lap if you keep crashing out in the first three corners. Just one S license gold remaining.

Congrats! Well done. How did it feel when you finally made it?

Now there is only S-10 for you left i guess? You will get the gold here also. Why wouldn't you.

Top Bottom