• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

Lasha

Is there any way to skip license tests and unlock all of the tracks? The licenses are really boring and it seems you can't host a lobby with a track that you haven't unlocked.

sncvsrtoip

Is there any way to skip license tests and unlock all of the tracks? The licenses are really boring and it seems you can't host a lobby with a track that you haven't unlocked.
You dont have to finish all licenses (tough dont remember which one are required). Btw when you get hooked to gold them they are realy enjoyable ;)

Last edited:

Lasha

You dont have to finish all licenses (tough dont remember which one are required). Btw when you get hooked to gold them they are realy enjoyable ;)

I found them too easy so far. I get gold the first time if I know the track or within 3-4 attempts if the track is an original one. It's wild to interrupt the game to make me prove that I can perform basic turns ten times after finishing a dozen races. I kinda hate the entire cafe and license system. I just wanna drive GT3 cars on beautiful courses.

sncvsrtoip

I found them too easy so far. I get gold the first time if I know the track or within 3-4 attempts if the track is an original one. It's wild to interrupt the game to make me prove that I can perform basic turns ten times after finishing a dozen races. I kinda hate the entire cafe and license system. I just wanna drive GT3 cars on beautiful courses.
Ah I thought maybe you struggle ;d I can imagine with physics update they can be little too easy now (tough last one on Spa still probably can make some problems).

Last edited:

Lasha

Ah I thought maybe you struggle ;d I can imagine with physics update they can be little too easy now (tough last one on Spa still probably can make some problems).

Nah I'm pretty experienced. I know the real tracks by heart. I've probably done a few hundred hours in Spa on iRacing. I kinda wish you could just do the exams and unlock upper class cars from the start. A Honda fit is not a race car.

Markio128

Nah I'm pretty experienced. I know the real tracks by heart. I've probably done a few hundred hours in Spa on iRacing. I kinda wish you could just do the exams and unlock upper class cars from the start. A Honda fit is not a race car.
GT7 isn’t the game for you by the sound of it. The licences and general progression are hallmarks of the series.

sncvsrtoip

To unlock sports mode you need to finish caffe mission 9, its like 2h of playing ;)

Lasha

To unlock sports mode you need to finish caffe mission 9, its like 2h of playing ;)

Around four hours actually. Two to do it the first time then two more to do it again because you're region locked based on PSN account. It's a strange system.

GT7 isn’t the game for you by the sound of it. The licences and general progression are hallmarks of the series.

I just want to unlock tracks to race with people. The offline portion of the game is mindnumbing. Rolling start...

Not to spoil anything for you, get used to the rolling start. All of single player as well as start of most Sports races are rolling starts. But as Markio128 Markio128 said, maybe the game isnt for you because for us GT fans Id argue most of us cant wait to do the license tests, ever since GT1. As far as that goes if I remember correctly, you only don't need to have the S (super) license in order to play rest of the tracks.

Lasha

Rolling starts are fine online. Qualification and actual drivers make the difference. Every offline race is the same: start at the back and barrel through really bad AI which has a massive lead. I don't really feel much improvement in the offline since I last played GT5. Especially in the restricted cups.

License tests never did it for me in the series. They were great when I was a kid and playing my first racing game. They are busywork after sim racing for decades. I wish the series could recognize my license trophies from previous entries and offer a simplified re-qualification and give the option to unlock all tracks. I figured out that signing up for the mfc cup gives you two race cars so I'm mostly sorted.

Will you guys announce it here, the MP lobby? Sardegna grind photo :messenger_grinning_sweat:

5WhIaxY.jpg

Last edited:

omegasc

Tried Human Comedy with the Mazda at Tsukuba and I think the leader was bugged... I think he was on RS tyres in heavy rain but that didn't affect him much or at all... he lapped me even though I got second with around 20s from 3rd place lol. Will try again.

edit: got it on the 2nd try. Slightly different weather conditions, heavier rain, and I kept my W tyres in the second to last stint until the track was ok for RH. Second place was 1s behind but was on IM and had to go back for RS. Got 56 laps done. I might go for Red Bull Ring tomorrow...

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Will you guys announce it here, the MP lobby?

Yes, don't worry i will tag everyone.

First one will be today in the afternoon. About 8-10 hours from now. And then sunday morning. I guess 25-27 hours from now.

If i aim for 7 AM my time on sunday then this would be 1 AM EST and 9 PM PST.

Good? Bad? To early? To late?

Yes, don't worry i will tag everyone.

First one will be today in the afternoon. About 8-10 hours from now. And then sunday morning. I guess 25-27 hours from now.

If i aim for 7 AM my time on sunday then this would be 1 AM EST and 9 PM PST.

Good? Bad? To early? To late?
I think Im good with either. My account is US but im located in Vietnam, but at least what you wrote sounds good for today for me, not sure bout others.

Con-Z-epT

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Ah man just heading out to watch the football but I'll add you later.

I'm getting better online in the dailies A/B, can usually qualify now between 5 and 8. Then I usually get yeeted at turn 1 (especially at Brands Hatch ffs) and scramble a finish between 5-9.

On the dailies, if I'm in the same car as someone who finishes #1, they are using default sheets right? They don't have any tunes, wings or differential applied etc.

Just trying to gauge if the gap is my driving or my tuning. Like I was 1.2s off fastest lap in dragon. Is that guy just 1.2s better than me, or does he have a better sheet behind that extra second?

SLB1904

Banned
Lobby is open! 🏎️

Title: Gr.3 / BoP / 5 Laps / Everchanging tracks!

Track: Red Bull Ring (Will update this as fast as i can!)

Will run an hour or two. Search for the track and look for the title. Much easier if you just add me through PSN. Feel free to do so. Username is exactly the same as my GAF ID.

GladiusFrog GladiusFrog AeonGaidenRaiden AeonGaidenRaiden DeepEnigma DeepEnigma Markio128 Markio128 R6Rider R6Rider 22•22 22•22 Heisenberg007 Heisenberg007 SkyHighTrees SkyHighTrees omegasc omegasc sncvsrtoip sncvsrtoip cormack12 cormack12 Turk1993 Turk1993 SLB1904 SLB1904
Not gonna lie. I'm literally just waiting for vr at this point 🤣

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

Have you checked out Assetto Corsa Competizione? YouTube is feeding me these videos and it sounds like...if GT3 cars are your thing...ACC is the pinnacle of the genre. That being said it looks complicated AF so that might not be fun wading through.

Lasha

Have you checked out Assetto Corsa Competizione? YouTube is feeding me these videos and it sounds like...if GT3 cars are your thing...ACC is the pinnacle of the genre. That being said it looks complicated AF so that might not be fun wading through.

I play it on PC along with iRacing for oval racing. It's quite good. I picked up GT7 on sale specifically for something that can be played with controller.

Con-Z-epT

On the dailies, if I'm in the same car as someone who finishes #1, they are using default sheets right? They don't have any tunes, wings or differential applied etc.

Just trying to gauge if the gap is my driving or my tuning. Like I was 1.2s off fastest lap in dragon. Is that guy just 1.2s better than me, or does he have a better sheet behind that extra second?
In this weeks daily races there is no tunning and no setups. Just skill based if you have the same car.

Top Bottom