• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Had a great time brother! Thanks for the lobby

know GIF

Lasha

Any tips for the time trial with the VW? I'm just outiside the top band and I have plateaued. Is it possible to hit those times on controller?

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Any tips for the time trial with the VW? I'm just outiside the top band and I have plateaued. Is it possible to hit those times on controller?
With top band you mean the gold requirements?

Use the DRS wing when accelerating. It's mapped to R3 but i suggest a different button for this. Trail break into the very fast corners and not before them. Let the car rotate enough before you hit the gas because of the high amount of understeer. When you need to lift the gas again to get a better exit of the corner you did it wrong. Nail the penultimate corner!

Look for a guide to get a feel for the track limits. It helped me a lot to watch the replays of the best five from the leaderboards. Activate the full HUD when you do so to see how they brake and steer.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Hey!

Sorry if I clipped you on the Laguna race in the uphill blind left corner leading up to the chicane.

Great last race Con-Z-epT Con-Z-epT thx for the lobby.
vM4k1Y.gif

im-sorry-air-quotes.gif

I just finished in the top 3 for the first time ever online - 34 races in. I was in 2nd as well but spun out and dropped to 8th so had to battle back.

No way I was ever gonna finish 1st but second was only 1s ahead. Improving now bois. But still shit generally.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Good stuff man. Practice makes perfect.

I'm not playing regularly enough recently. Definitely noticeable.

And 😂 at those gifs.
I'm quite sure he made the corner without any issues

Last edited:

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Any GT sites hinted or leaked when the embargo on PSVR2 impressions will be lifted? I imagine it’s soon, just wondering when we’ll get some actual unfiltered opinions and footage.

cormack12

Gold Member
How does your DR go up? Everyone is a D and on my profile it's been in the centre for ages. Is that based purely on best times?

cormack12

Gold Member
Finish the races in the top 10. And avoid accidents
I generally do to be fair but I'm only up to 38 races. Sportsman is an S.

Usually I finish 7th/8th but have 1 top 3 and 12 top 5. A handful of times I've slipped out to 10th/11th.

But I just wanna see it go up and up

Con-Z-epT

I generally do to be fair but I'm only up to 38 races. Sportsman is an S.

Usually I finish 7th/8th but have 1 top 3 and 12 top 5. A handful of times I've slipped out to 10th/11th.

But I just wanna see it go up and up
I think it's also about gaining places and not losing any. Finishing place 5 and up should boost your DR.

Con-Z-epT

Maybe if you let me beat you I'll go up? Let's try.

I also get fucking yeeted a lot, I make up the places but it's not unusual to see

Qualify 5-8
Yeeted to last
Catchup and finish between 5-8

I can assure you no matter how high your DR is you will get "yeeted" from time to time. Happens to me too. Just try to get a decent qualifying lap in and go from there. Try to be more consistent than fast. That's what i do.

I also highly suggest you watch track guides for the daily's! To know the limits of the track made a huge difference to me, i can't stress that enough.

Go for Tidgneys monday videos. Very entertaining and he covers all the races with a track guide for all of them and additional information.

Lasha

Sport mode is pretty fun. I do have a few questions:

1. Is there a schedule for the daily races/championship somewhere? I would love to know the tracks in the season so I can practice.
  2. Is there any way to set the conditions in qualifying to match the tire wear and fuel consumption rules of the race?
  3. Is fuel weight simply simulated as "less fuel = faster"? If so, can you specify your fuel load at the start of the race?
  4. Similarly, what is the deal with tire temperature and wear? I won the dragon tail daily race pretty easily by just riding a set of mediums around for ten laps. The degredation felt nowher near as impactful as taking a full pit break in a ten lap race. Especially when half the field pits.
  5. Is the daily schedule always: Specified car, Gr4, Gr3? Is there any way to race other vehicles under sport restrictions?

The SR/DR system is definitely a step forward for console racing. The entry bracket level of driving is much lower than iRacing's lowest class but that is to be expected. The way penalties slow you down is super confusing as well.

Con-Z-epT

Sport mode is pretty fun. I do have a few questions:

1. Is there a schedule for the daily races/championship somewhere? I would love to know the tracks in the season so I can practice.
  2. Is there any way to set the conditions in qualifying to match the tire wear and fuel consumption rules of the race?
  3. Is fuel weight simply simulated as "less fuel = faster"? If so, can you specify your fuel load at the start of the race?
  4. Similarly, what is the deal with tire temperature and wear? I won the dragon tail daily race pretty easily by just riding a set of mediums around for ten laps. The degredation felt nowher near as impactful as taking a full pit break in a ten lap race. Especially when half the field pits.
  5. Is the daily schedule always: Specified car, Gr4, Gr3? Is there any way to race other vehicles under sport restrictions?

The SR/DR system is definitely a step forward for console racing. The entry bracket level of driving is much lower than iRacing's lowest class but that is to be expected. The way penalties slow you down is super confusing as well.

1. There is a schedule for the manufactures cup and the nations cup. You can find it in this news section if they post new updates on that. The only way to get a heads up for the daily's is through Nenkai's leaks.

2. If you mean the qualifying for the daily's then no. It should be the same conditions for the qualifyings in custom lobbies however, where everybody is on track at the same time.

3. You can not specify your fuel load individually for any races. You can only set this individually and equaly for every car when you do a custom lobby. As far as how fuel load affects anything i can only offer you these videos but they might not answer your question.

4. Given that both RH and RM tires are mandatory for daily race C this week you would get a one minute penalty if you'd only used RM. You need to pit once! Temperature and how you drive plays a role in tire wear but i'm not an expert here and wouldn't dare to comment on that.

5. It's always random and arbitrariness to PD's decisions however nearly every week features events with a specific car, Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars. Sometimes we have Gr.2 or Gr.1 races and even special tunning events. If you want to race any specific car / track / condition outside of that, then custom lobbies are the way to go since you can set them up in any possible way.

The penalty system was pretty good at launch but they changed it with nearly every update in the following months. It's not as good as it was initially but much better then what we had after the first changes.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Todays new lap challenge is so much easier. I got silver in my first try with just 2 seconds off.
Just you wait until tomorrow when they nerf it the first time. :messenger_beaming: It's never a good sign when the first impression is that it's an easy TT.

Which car / track combination is it?

Last edited:

Lasha

How does the qualification work? Do you get the reward once you hit the target time or do you need to stay within the x percent for the duration?

Daytona's road course is only tricky on the first turn. The rest is really basic. Learning the course in GT7 is annoying because PD thinks that Daytona is dark at night for some reason.

Con-Z-epT

How does the qualification work? Do you get the reward once you hit the target time or do you need to stay within the x percent for the duration?

You get the reward once the timeframe for the TT expires. So by the end of it you need to have a gold / silver / bronze time. The times change, depending on the percentage of players that acquire the individual medals. Be sure to check again if you are unsure if your time is fast enough.

It usually gets nerfed significantly after the first day since the required times are often set to high. In addition it happens sometimes that people come back at the last day to try it again which can also lead to some sudden changes close before the end of the event.

Last edited:

Lasha

You get the reward once the timeframe for the TT expires. So by the end of it you need to have a gold / silver / bronze time. The times change, depending on the percentage of players that acquire the individual medals. Be sure to check again if you are unsure if your time is fast enough.

It usually gets nerfed significantly after the first day since the required times are often set to high. In addition it happens sometimes that people come back at the last day to try it again which can also lead to some sudden changes close before the end of the event.

That is what I thought. I am sitting around 1:54 without pushing too hard. Do you mean nerf as in the timings become tighter or more loose?

Con-Z-epT

That is what I thought. I am sitting around 1:54 without pushing too hard. Do you mean nerf as in the timings become tighter or more loose?
Tighter. They will lower the required time for gold by about a second tomorrow. Depends on the participation.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Not sure how to approach the first long left hander after the starting line. Trail braking while gradually downshifting. Or a a hard long straight brake and then turn while downshifting.

Chicane is a matter of finding my brake point but do I trail brake while going from 7 to 3 or a hard brake with late downshifting for stability.

Ehh it's day one

Need to get one with the car.

transformers cartoon GIF

omegasc omegasc why the lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom