• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo fans - what would it take for GT7 to, finally, be the ultimate GT game?

sublimit

Banned
Anyone else loves this song from GTS?

I think it fits the game perfectly and i want more songs like that in GT7 and less from the punk rock hipster crap that were unfortunately the majority of GTS's songs.

Also more New Retro Wave songs like these would be great:

Honestly Polyphony should just approach The Midnight and licence half of his songs!

Tschumi

Fresh tracks, new and fantasy. GT Sport physics and graphics(or better). GT2/4 car list. Car customization. Career mode and license tests that are challenging and unforgiving. 24hr of Nurburgring. All of this, and I’d be in heaven.
24 hour around the long lap? Jesus i would go bald after the first hour loll

yeah right... 3 Pages yet and NO ONE . NOT A SINGLE FUCKING MORON DID MENTION ENGINE SOUNDS..

so apparently you guys are fine with this :

when other Games already did that:

or fucking this from a small italien team..

it is very simple:

if you Guys think that having a Car sound like a hoover, in a fucking First Party Title from Sony then okay...

It is more or less a free World , right?
But how about i conduct a voodoo blood ritual to request that those two useless balls that so many of you carry around drop one day into the toilet, dry and dead. Just like that..
I read myself into this topic. I know how to conduct the Ritual - i already did it for Spencer.. as a substitute for the usuall personal item i will use the printed out Avatar of every single one of you..
It will work - thrust me. I will use my own blood to seal the deal..

Ohh and btw - iam pretty sure that the law system will not recognise the ritual (even with this announcement) as a true causal reason for your loss in bodyparts. So i will be safe.

You think hoover sounds a still up to date in 2020\21
God i will motivate you all!!!
I WILL MOTIVATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
yeah right... 3 Pages yet and NO ONE . NOT A SINGLE FUCKING MORON DID MENTION ENGINE SOUNDS..

it is very simple:

if you Guys think that having a Car sound like a hoover, in a fucking First Party Title from Sony then okay...

But how about i conduct a voodoo blood ritual to request that those two useless balls that so many of you carry around drop one day into the toilet, dry and dead. Just like that..
I read myself into this topic. I know how to conduct the Ritual - i already did it for Spencer.. as a substitute for the usuall personal item i will use the printed out Avatar of every single one of you..

Ohh and btw - iam pretty sure that the law system will not recognise the ritual (even with this announcement) as a true causal reason for your loss in bodyparts. So i will be safe.

7NX52Ze5uWZ6xXJkQJgLfPSJkOlXa7aE2kJBlnS3bpjp7yedWtXY6fXqXw84muzbamGYypGfdrP_fb7C99Nd78pb9vICKAxODwCX8K7XYSij6DVaPR7P_LbyBAdlqeggEMHjpIs--8f2RzFhm04Ts7ME6J3qQF21050

Also follow your own advice and learn how to read.

Tschumi

it is very simple:

To be fair i saw a couple of mentions of it.

But it's true enough, legit engine sounds are a must

Last edited by a moderator:
TheTechnician TheTechnician

If you are going to say GT has bad sound, maybe you need to first check real life cockpit car noise from these cars instead of comparing it to another game and judging by what sounds better to you. Believe it or not, a lot of these race track focused cars do sound like high pitched hoovers. What other games do is lower that pitch noise and just leave in the thundering engine treble which also isnt real. Maybe GT doesnt have all the sounds right but if you ever watched a making of GT, youd see how many sound engineers and people they send off just to record car noise on track. Also even these real life videos, they probably sounds less high pitched because of a gopro like camera that doesnt have a professional mic so its muffled to a point. GT crew go in with 5 boom mics and record everything.

The same car you posted AMG GT3 in real life:

Last edited:

TacosNSalsa

If you are going to say GT has bad sound, maybe you need to first check real life cockpit car noise from these cars instead of comparing it to another game and judging by what sounds better to you. Believe it or not, a lot of these race track focus cars do sound like hoovers:

The race cars are one thing but the high end road cars you are still hearing a lot of the transmission sound . Cars like Ferrari and Lamborghini their best so you don't really hear it , just the engine/exhaust . I think even from the chase view you still hear it .

Improve on GT Sport because going back to singleplayer box will kill this franchise. Everything is multiplayer and competitive now. Who wants to race against AI in 2020?

More tracks and more cars is obvious. Better graphics and sound. I’ve given up on realistic damage, that was never GT thing and I’m fine with that. Further improve penalty system even though it has come a long way. Implement endurance online races that go once every hour or even longer. Why only 3 choices every week? And where are night online races at Nürburgring or Le Mans?

Use singleplayer elements for marketing purposes to hit people with nostalgia but mp for them to stay with the game. GT Sport sold 8-9M and it was barebones at the launch with pretty bad publicity. So don’t be greedy, you’re not going back to 90s glory over night.

Navigating menu loading times in GTS can be embarrassing so use that PS5 powah well. Post launch support is always important.

Umbral

I’m a mark. I buy Gran Turismo like jocks buy Madden and FIFA. Upside is I get a good game every time.

Bryank75

Banned
An amazing soundtrack with excellent rock, funk and house / techno etc and hopefully a good amount of the old songs can come back for nostalgia, as they would compliment some of the old tracks perfectly to stir the emotions.

Sequential gearboxes produce those whining sounds iam aware of that..
However , the implementation in GT Sport is the worst of all Games out there.

There is no car thst sounds like this crap in GT Sport..
That includes the the link with the real AMG GT3. .
If you realy think that the the AMG in GT Sport sounds like that you should have your ears checked...
And what are we discussing here anyway?
All GT Titles have a History of horrible synthetic Car Sounds..
That bad Ghost is within the Studio..
And I was even fair with choosing the AMG GT3 for comparison across games.. because that car has actually one of the better soubds in GT Sport..

The best is also how they everytime slap our faces when during loading screen a real audio of your choosen Cars engine is played.
Like showing you what could have been.
Thats so vile and evil that it almost enters the screen from the other side again..
It is that coky that it actually makes you respect them again ..
Wow..

acm2000

i gave up on Gran Rurismo after being hugely disappointed in GT4 and 5, the games are so archaic and backwards something which to this day has still not been fixed, even the menus and music get on my tits and the gameplay is just so dull in comparison to Forza, i dont think i could ever go back as i dont see it ever changing under Polyphony Digitals control.

supernova8

Banned
I really want to somehow feel the magic I felt when I first played Gran Turismo 3 on PS2.

I suppose it'll never happen because that was really the first time we had genuinely realistic looking visuals on a racing game. The career mode was great and I loved racing the Sunday Cup over and over and over in my Mini Cooper just to earn enough money to buy a better car.

I don't even know what they have to do to make the next GT3 or GT4 but I think we need a gigantic leap in visuals. One area they can improve a lot is the environments. If these SSDs really are as lightning fast as suggested, surely something like a racing game that is partially on rails (it's not exactly open world is it) should be getting a mammoth visual improvement. We need to see the end of cardboard cutout trees and super low effort buildings. If anything the cars already look fantastic. It's literally the environment letting it down.

The trailer got GT7 just didn't scream "woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooah" to me. It looked like (and probably is just) GT Sport with better lighting.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
The trailer got GT7 just didn't scream "woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooah" to me. It looked like (and probably is just) GT Sport with better lighting.
We really don't know how early build that gameplay trailer was. I'm assuming that was from early in development and the game's environments will look MUCH better when it comes out.

Also every developer out there keeps saying how easy it is to develop for PS5 (even more than the PS4) and i think that will help a lot Polyphony in order to get the basic game ready in a relatively short time and then focus on improving the graphics and polish the game as much as possible. So yeah the environments in the trailer were indeed disappointing but i have high hopes that the actual game will look much better than that.

Last edited:

estagiarioo

Neo Member

If you are going to say GT has bad sound, maybe you need to first check real life cockpit car noise from these cars instead of comparing it to another game and judging by what sounds better to you. Believe it or not, a lot of these race track focused cars do sound like high pitched hoovers. What other games do is lower that pitch noise and just leave in the thundering engine treble which also isnt real. Maybe GT doesnt have all the sounds right but if you ever watched a making of GT, youd see how many sound engineers and people they send off just to record car noise on track. Also even these real life videos, they probably sounds less high pitched because of a gopro like camera that doesnt have a professional mic so its muffled to a point. GT crew go in with 5 boom mics and record everything.

The same car you posted AMG GT3 in real life:

That high pitched noise comes from the gearbox, and even though GT Sport kinda has it, it sounds nothing like the real thing.

You could be right about the GT guys recording the cars from multiple spots, but I'm pretty sure they don't end up using most of those recordings. Let me remind you that GT Sport still uses synthesized sounds, as mentioned here by Kaz. Anyone with a good ear can identify that the synthetic sounds come from outside of the cars, especially from the exhaust. I also believe their transmission whine sound is synthesized, because I've never heard a gearbox IRL that sound like that.

Sequential gearboxes produce those whining sounds iam aware of that..
However , the implementation in GT Sport is the worst of all Games out there.

There is no car thst sounds like this crap in GT Sport..
That includes the the link with the real AMG GT3. .
If you realy think that the the AMG in GT Sport sounds like that you should have your ears checked...
And what are we discussing here anyway?
All GT Titles have a History of horrible synthetic Car Sounds..
That bad Ghost is within the Studio..
And I was even fair with choosing the AMG GT3 for comparison across games.. because that car has actually one of the better soubds in GT Sport..

The best is also how they everytime slap our faces when during loading screen a real audio of your choosen Cars engine is played.
Like showing you what could have been.
Thats so vile and evil that it almost enters the screen from the other side again..
It is that coky that it actually makes you respect them again ..
Wow..

You said it all. Know what would drastically improve the sounds? A proper transmission model linked to the pitch of the engine and gearbox. It will create all that wobbling you hear in real life. Check out this iRacing example:

But honestly, I don't expect a huge sound improvement in GT7. I guess they will focus mostly on 3D audio, which IMO won't pay off if they don't first sort out the accuracy of the exhaust sounds, as well as the physical side, as I mentioned above.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Be like GT3 and stop removing or gimping my GTO you GTR fanboys
c0c9560fadf0c731c4960ed773c6b1ea.jpg

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
We really don't know how early build that gameplay trailer was. I'm assuming that was from early in development and the game's environments will look MUCH better when it comes out.

Also every developer out there keeps saying how easy it is to develop for PS5 (even more than the PS4) and i think that will help a lot Polyphony in order to get the basic game ready in a relatively short time and then focus on improving the graphics and polish the game as much as possible. So yeah the environments in the trailer were indeed disappointing but i have high hopes that the actual game will look much better than that.

Well yeah I hope so. I just wish they waited rather than putting out something half-arsed like that GT7 demo/trailer.

will help a lot Polyphony in order to get the basic game ready in a relatively short time

Polyphony seems to take fuuuucking forever to release actual new entries. Honestly felt no magic with GT5 GT6 or even GT Sport. GT Sport seems to have taken off in terms of online play but I want my fucking career mode.

Top Bottom