• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport 1.31 Update Now Available

ethomaz

Banned
Update is already ready to download.

New cars:
  • 2007 BMW M3 Coupé (N400)
  • 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray Sport Coupe (C2) (N400)
  • 1995 Ferrari F50 (N500)
  • 2015 Greddy Fugu Z (N300)
  • 2016 McLaren P1 GTR (Gr.X)
  • 1978 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am (N200)
  • 2012 Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance (Gr.X)

New track / layout:
  • Tokyo South

New GT League (the useless mode):
  • Beginner League: 2 new rounds added to the “Nissan GT-R cup”.
  • Amateur League: 2 new rounds added to the “Real Circuit Tours”.
  • Professional League: 2 new rounds added to the “Mercedes AMG Grand Prix”.
  • Endurance League: 1 new round added to the “Gr.3 Endurance League”.

New Circuit Experience:
  • Catalunya

They added more Seasonal Scapes and some others goodies.

UPDATED: Full change log.

Main Features Implemented
1. New Cars
 - The following 7 cars have been added:
  ・BMW M3 Coupé ‘07
  ・Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray Sport Coupe (C2) ‘63
  ・Ferrari F50 ‘95
  ・Greddy Fugu Z
  ・McLaren P1 GTR ‘16
  ・Pontiac Firebird Trans Am ’78 *
  ・Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance ‘12

2. Tracks
 - The "Tokyo Expressway South Route" track has been added in 2 different layouts:
  ・Tokyo Expressway - South Outer Loop
  ・Tokyo Expressway - South Inner Loop

3. Campaign Mode
 - The following events have been added to the "GT League":
  ・ "Nissan GT-R Cup" Rounds 4 and 5
  ・ "Real Circuit Tours" Rounds 4 and 5
  ・ "Merceds AMG Grand Prix" Rounds 6 and 7
  ・ "Gr.3 Endurance Series" Round 5
 - "Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya" has been added to the "Circuit Experience".

4. Scapes
 - “Season’s Greetings – ‘Scenes with Lights” has been added to the special featured section.

5. Brand Central
 - "Pontiac" and "Tesla Motors" have been added;
 - Additional Scapes spots have been added to the special featured "Peugeot" section.

6. Museum
The FIA has been added to Brand Central.

7. Controller
 - The DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller and steering controllers will now switch automatically. When the throttle or brake on one type of controller is pressed while driving, that controller will be enabled and the other controller will be disabled.

Other Improvements and Adjustments
- Various other issues have been addressed.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/ch/gtsport/news/00_8914234.html

Last edited:

sn0man

They are slowly creating most of what I would be satisfied to call GT7 via these updates. Maybe if they made the single player saves offline and release a disc with all these updates I would finally jump in.

thelastword

Banned
The game that keeps on giving......Kaz is surely setting up a platform for next gen.........Put's it right up there with DC, for continued support, perhaps it even surpasses DC at this point, because all the new content has been free.......Lots of goodwill will go towards GT7, gamers will remember..

cormack12

Gold Member
I gotta give this a shot again, haven't played it in months.

Same.

The game that keeps on giving......Kaz is surely setting up a platform for next gen.........Put's it right up there with DC, for continued support, perhaps it even surpasses DC at this point, because all the new content has been free.......Lots of goodwill will go towards GT7, gamers will remember..

One of, if not, the best supported game this generation. Especially since it launched under the banner of being sent out to die. It wasn't exactly there at launch, but quickly caught up and the content drop have really been substantial.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Same.

One of, if not, the best supported game this generation. Especially since it launched under the banner of being sent out to die. It wasn't exactly there at launch, but quickly caught up and the content drop have really been substantial.

All in all I would give this prize to No Man’s Sky considering how bad the vocal group against the game was in the first six months of its shelf life... still yeah, GTS does deserve props for its support.

nowhat

All in all I would give this prize to No Man’s Sky considering how bad the vocal group against the game was in the first six months of its shelf life...
QFT. I'm one of those who preordered the game, and... while I didn't feel compelled to start harassing the devs online, it was a letdown for sure. I basically shrugged it off and considered yet another time tattooing "do not preorder" on my forehead.

But the game, as it is today, is arguably much more than was initially promised. It's still not completely my kind of game, mind you (the survival aspects are not my thing, although god mode is fun), but it has improved remarkably.

zombrex

I wonder how much money they are making from micro transactions.

They frame these as free updates and most players could buy some of the cheaper cars from them.
But to buy the more expensive cars you are going to have been playing and saving credits for thousands of hours or shell out some money. Especially since they keep releasing more and more cars each month. The new tracks are a very welcome addition though.

But others aspects of the games support have been bad.
There are only weekly not daily races now which gets boring quick and means
less opportunity to try different cars for free and less reason to log on each day.

Also while this affects very few people I am personally annoyed they split Australia and New Zealand from the Asia region in matchmaking, We could play without issues together for over a year since release. It was typical for me to be the only Australian in a room full of Japanese. We don't have the numbers to support diverse matchmaking in AUS NZ. Sounds nice on paper but a really poor change.

Last edited:

thejared

I wonder how much money they are making from micro transactions.

They frame these as free updates and most players could buy some of the cheaper cars from them.
But to buy the more expensive cars you are going to have been playing and saving credits for thousands of hours or shell out some money. Especially since they keep releasing more and more cars each month. The new tracks are a very welcome addition though.

But others aspects of the games support have been bad.
There are only weekly not daily races now which gets boring quick and means
less opportunity to try different cars for free and less reason to log on each day.

Also while this affects very few people I am personally annoyed they split Australia and New Zealand from the Asia region in matchmaking, We could play without issues together for over a year since release. It was typical for me to be the only Australian in a room full of Japanese. We don't have the numbers to support diverse matchmaking in AUS NZ. Sounds nice on paper but a really poor change.

They had daily race changes and people wanted them to stick around longer so they stuck with weekly. You should be wanting to get better at the track and having more time to practice and race does just that, but it doesn’t seem like you care about getting better since you’re complaining about the micro transactions which are only available on the cars up to $2 million and if you aren’t willing to grind enough to make 2 mill, then GT ain’t for you...grind truismo is the best part, you get better as you get more money.

How they have handled support for this is phenomenal. Others charge you for the same car pack year in and year out, or hold back cars that are clearly modeled already just to sell to you later... if GT were like that, they would make every car purchaseable even the 20,000,000 ones.

Sorc3r3r

Disinstalled without any regret after 15 days after release.
Is the driving model still the same?
Was worse than offensive at launch.
A crappy simcade synthesis that betrayed both worlds.

Mattyp

Gold Member
What's SP? Single player? It already has that. I've been playing the SP for about a year with new free event updates.
Every update adds new single player races. The game right now has as many single player races as a normal GT game, if not even more.

Are these just the event races and practice for online still or is it back to normal licencing SP races and comps?

ethomaz

Banned
Are these just the event races and practice for online still or is it back to normal licencing SP races and comps?
It add new content for all modes even the boring and useless GT League.

It is right there in the OP.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
It add new content for all modes even the boring and useless GT League.

It is right there in the OP.

I see what they've added in the op, my question was have they added the original GT licence progression modes of SP back yet.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I see what they've added in the op, my question was have they added the original GT licence progression modes of SP back yet.
Can you explain better? The old GT mode was added... it is called GT League... you have the license tests too.

I don’t see that much difference from old GTS except the events are more restricts and needs more skill... it is not like you can get any car and turbo it to win every event... in GTS you have restriction to how much you can turbo a car in a event.

ethomaz

Banned
damn gonna have to give it a try. Is it true the VR in this game is dogshit?
It is only a 1x1 against the CPU for some tracks.

But it is probably one of the best VR experience you can find in the market... it is absolutely awesome.

The only think you will complain is that it is not enough with more modes and opponents.

Last edited:
It is only a 1x1 against the CPU for some tracks.

But it is probably one of the best VR experience you can find in the market... it is absolutely awesome.

The only think you will complain is that it is not enough with more modes and opponents.
It's a shame because it looks great, but there are no modes to play. It's just time trial or 1 vs 1 against the dumbest CPU ever. It's not just dumb, it is deliberately programmed so that it's never a challenge.

Aenima

They added a new mode after launch called GT League witch is pretty much idetical to the single player mode of the old GTs. And every month as new cars and tracks are added they also add new races to this mode and other modes as well.

GT League races dont give you cars like other modes, but the races in GT League are the best to farm for credits.

img_920x518$2017_11_22_17_45_23_1337041.jpg

Mattyp

Gold Member
They added a new mode after launch called GT League witch is pretty much idetical to the single player mode of the old GTs. And every month as new cars and tracks are added they also add new races to this mode and other modes as well.

GT League races dont give you cars like other modes, but the races in GT League are the best to farm for credits.

img_920x518$2017_11_22_17_45_23_1337041.jpg

Thank you, I might finally have to give it another look since I’ve clocked all the Forza’s out at the moment and 8 will be a next gen title.

Top Bottom