• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport announced

benzy

From gtplanet members.

In Feb.

UMJb.jpg

March

VMJb.jpg

Hwoar

Somehow I think this game is in a bad shape. If it wasn't I reckon they would have at least done a new trailer by now. All I remember now are those pretty bad screenshots from a mag?

Somehow I think this game is in a bad shape. If it wasn't I reckon they would have at least done a new trailer by now. All I remember now are those pretty bad screenshots from a mag?

It isn't in bad shape. It's just the Poliphony "we don't care about fan base and competition" way. They only care about car manufacturers, hot-wheelesque concepts and badges upon badges on the cover of the game.

I want to think that he's suddenly replying to messages like this because it's not going to be much longer before we see it again

gts1yas49.png

I was doing a pretty good job of not being annoyed by the lack of details, but I was watching the Velocity channel today and it started making me crave this game.

Mascot

I don't even know why I care any more. I fucking know deep down that it'll be years late and full of baffling design decisions and half-assery. Project CARS isn't just scratching the itch in the interim, it's giving me a full-body Shiatsu massage.

I'll see you when I see you, GT. Look after yourself.

oh damn i was hoping to play that game this year...

The guy said, he wasn't confident in seeing the game release till the end of the year and that something was meant to happen in March but now it wouldn't. He didn't say no Beta/Demo until the end of the year.

DKHF

The guy said, he wasn't confident in seeing the game release till the end of the year and that something was meant to happen in March but now it wouldn't. He didn't say no Beta/Demo until the end of the year.
It could be GT Sport was meant to appear at the GDC PSVR conference/presentation then Polyphony decided against it recently for some reason.

I don't even know why I care any more. I fucking know deep down that it'll be years late and full of baffling design decisions and half-assery. Project CARS isn't just scratching the itch in the interim, it's giving me a full-body Shiatsu massage.

I'll see you when I see you, GT. Look after yourself.

Indeed. It's sad but it's the reality of the situation.

manou001

Neo Member
So apparently in this French podcast, it is said that something was supposed to happen re: GT:S in March but now isn't going to happen and may not have the beta until the end of the year or beyond.

http://static.gameblog.fr/podcasts/...le_jeux_de_courses_volants_etat_des_lieux.mp3

From ~ 1:08:15. Could anyone here translate?

Cyril Drevet (TV journalist working for the french motor show called Turbo) says he went to PD and met the staff. He says :
- there's still a lot of work
- all things that were supposed to come out in march (beta, announcements, ...) will be delayed
- he (his personal opinion) doesn't think the final version of GT Sports will be released in 2016
- GT Sports will be heavily oriented to e-sports, to be "the" race cars esport game (targeting EVO and stuff).

He's NOT saying the beta would be released at the end of the year, he just doesn't know when it'll be released, but definitelty not in march.

For the record, Gameblog's history with rumors is very poor.
True.
But Drevet is not working for Gameblog, he's a guest in this podcast.
His main job is Turbo : http://www.turbo.fr/

Tomeru

You know, the fanbase is really starting to get on my nerves. Gt5 wasthe only game that took forever to get out (probably the ps3s fault), but everyone is acting like it was PDs standard practice. And now we wont get any info, and "how the mighty has fallen"?

Seriously guys, its will be out when it will be out. Play other racers until then. Otherwise, enough with this whole doom and gloom about PD, its distasteful.

Mascot

You know, the fanbase is really starting to get on my nerves. Gt5 wasthe only game that took forever to get out (probably the ps3s fault), but everyone is acting like it was PDs standard practice. And now we wont get any info, and "how the mighty has fallen"?

Seriously guys, its will be out when it will be out. Play other racers until then. Otherwise, enough with this whole doom and gloom about PD, its distasteful.

Nah, it runs far deeper than that, as you know. The course maker fiasco still burns. The black ops secrecy is inappropriate in 2016. Nobody really expects audio to be dramatically improved. Silhouette interiors are a joke. Promises are there to be broken. I could go on, but PD have turned themselves into a meme within a bubble over the past decade or so.

Confidence is low, and it has been earned. News of this delay just increases the shrugging.

Tomeru

Nah, it runs far deeper than that, as you know. The course maker fiasco still burns. The black ops secrecy is inappropriate in 2016. Nobody really expects audio to be dramatically improved. Silhouette interiors are a joke. Promises are there to be broken. I could go on, but PD have turned themselves into a meme within a bubble over the past decade or so.

Confidence is low, and it has been earned. News of this delay just increases the shrugging.

I don't mind criticism about features or lack of or their quality. I share them with you. The whole it's gonna take 20 years to see something/no info = doom is whats bothering me.

If they don't release something this year then I think it will be the longest time ever between releases including prologues etc, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

I can't believe that Sony hasn't stepped in, like, even once in the past decade and told PD to get their shit together and make them some more money. Even 3 freaking years ago at the PS4 reveal they should have been on top of this generation of content from the start, the instant GT6 was published actually having a leash.

I waaaaant the "not in 2016!" to mean the full version won't be done, but we'll get some prologue-thing and the "full" version has been retooled to be GT7. I waaaaaaant to think a theoretical prologue gets revealed at the PSVR info blowout, because GT at launch would be as close to "killer app" as Sony could ever offer. Of course I've been saying this for like 18 months straight since PSVR was first announced and will probably be saying it for 18 more. Kill me.

If Project CARS just had the bonkers Red Bull prototype cars from GT it'd be absolutely perfect at this point. Damn I miss those things. The junior formula variant and 500km/h fan car. A few annoying menu issues and promised features aside pCars' update path has been incredible.

In 2011 Sony should have seen how resource intense the GT6 development has been and would continue to be for PD. Back then they should have told them "scratch everything you're working on, we will make GT6 an early PS4 title". A third party developer could have made a super-patch and DLC content for GT5 out of 50% of what is now new to the actual PS3-GT6 and we would have a solid PS4 Gran Turismo entry by now (more or less maybe). But no, Sony wanted to bank big a second time from what GT5 development has cost them. Now they neither banked big on GT6 (not as bad as most people make it sound though) nor do they have a PS4 racing game that people actually want (I mean given the car selection and fantastic graphics of Driveclub and their not exactly stellar sales when it still was full price, you can tell that people really want a GT'ish sim or sim-heavy sim-cade racing game; overall they have very little first party games that the average gamer wants so far this gen).

The only solution to the problem is what Microsoft did with Forza. Don't re-use old, low-poly models of cars and tracks, industrialize the process of car and track scanning/modeling and even outsource some of it... or buy it off developers that deal in laser scanned tracks already. They didn't do that and by now I'm so hungry for a GT on PS4 that I'd even buy a PS3 GT6 with up-scaled textures, minimally higher poly-count, solid 60fps@pure1080p with better sounds at full price again.
Just give us SOMETHING while you re-work GT from the ground up to make it future proof in its 3D model fidelity and track accuracy.

THE:MILKMAN

Cyril Drevet (TV journalist working for the french motor show called Turbo) says he went to PD and met the staff. He says :
- all things that were supposed to come out in march (beta, announcements, ...) will be delayed
- he (his personal opinion) doesn't think the final version of GT Sports will be released in 2016
- GT Sports will be heavily oriented to e-sports, to be "the" race cars esport game (targeting EVO and stuff).

He's NOT saying the beta would be released at the end of the year, he just doesn't know when it'll be released, but definitelty not in march.

True.

Thanks. It really doesn't sound like GT Sport is anywhere near ready. This guy has a picture of himself sitting at Kaz's personal GT rig at PD HQ so seems legit enough.

Thinking back to the "surprise" announcement at PGW I seem to remember just a couple of hours before the conference started Jordan at GTP was saying don't expect anything.Then someone posted pics of Kaz arriving...

I got the feeling Jordan was really surprised by this and later said it was revealed a little early (than he believed it would?)

I'm getting a horrible feeling of TLG 2 here. Did Sony corporate force Yamauchi's hand to reveal/show something at Paris? Has their patience worn out like happened with TLG?

I don't know what the hell is going on within WWS, but it started with TLG, spread to GT and latterly to DRIVECLUB and Uncharted. Some sort of parasitic virus has infected them. My prime suspect is Druckmann!

True.

oh my this sounds terrible. An esports centric GT doesn't appeal to me, it may be 2018 or later before PS4 gets a proper GT game, it's getting ridiculous.

Disappointing but probably expected if I recall how they started HD Gran Turismo after GT4. Seems like 3 years (GT5P JPN Dec 2007) which ties in with a late 2016 or 2017 launch assuming that PS4 GT work didn't really get going until 2013.

Shame that Forza PC is just the cut down Apex version. I might just have to buy an Xbox One just for that old Forza 6 game. I knew Forza was coming to PC a while back but wasn't expecting some bare bones version of an old game and no wheel support etc.

PS3 had GT5p available 12 months after the console launched in JPN/US. PS3 was late 2006 and GT5P I imported in Dec 2007. The EU/US version was around April 2008 so 1.5 years. Not only that you had a GT5p demo in October 2007 and GTHD throughout 2007. We are 2.5 years since PS4 launched and we've seen sweet fuck all and it's looking like 3 years after launch before we see anything.

Shame that Forza PC is just the cut down Apex version. I might just have to buy an Xbox One just for that old Forza 6 game. I knew Forza was coming to PC a while back but wasn't expecting some bare bones version of an old game and no wheel support etc.

You wouldn't regret buying one, but I'd at least wait a little. They said that all future forzas would come to PC and are working for DX12 integration for more input devices. Maybe you will get wheel support on Forza Apex later on and we don't know if the next Playground/Turn10 game this fall will be a Horizon or maybe something PGR'ish. There also might be an "Xbox 1.1". Right now is not a good time to jump on. I'd wait until E3.

Mascot

...and unfortunately for Sony and PD, Project CARS has stepped up to fill the void and Assetto Corsa will soon be jostling with it for attention.

Is Gran Turismo even relevant any more, apart from as a digital form of water torture as we all wait for drip-fed snippets of news and rumours?

FATALITY

Banned
...and unfortunately for Sony and PD, Project CARS has stepped up to fill the void and Assetto Corsa will soon be jostling with it for attention.

Is Gran Turismo even relevant any more, apart from as a digital form of water torture as we all wait for drip-fed snippets of news and rumours?

lol

lol, GT will outsell those and forza combined.

It totally will. I love Forza and I like pCARS quite a bunch, but Forza 6 didn't even sell 2 million copies and pCARS sold ~1.5 over all platforms. Even Gran Turismo 6 has sold over 3.5 million copies to this date. The best selling Forza 4 is at about 4.5 million copies.

Proof? Or at least an indication where you have that somewhat unreasonable high number from?

https://www.vg247.com/2015/12/18/gran-turismo-franchise-sales-top-76-million-gt-6-at-4-7m/

How can it be unreasonable when it's fact? It was 4.7 in 2015, it is close to 5 now give or take. 5 million is not "Unreasonable" for GT it is actually the worst selling GT,

driver116

This is an oxymoron.

Mascot

lol, GT will outsell those and forza combined.

And The Sun is Britain's most popular newspaper.

Sure, GTS/7 will sell loads based on mythology, but Joe Public is not a discerning consumer and my point was, GT has some serious competition on the platform now where none previously existed.

And The Sun is Britain's most popular newspaper.

Sure, GTS/7 will sell loads based on mythology, but Joe Public is not a discerning consumer and my point was, GT has some serious competition on the platform now where none previously existed.

Project cars and Assetta is not much competition for GT. GT will outsell both, prob launch week. Project cars and asetta has no casual appeal, GT does on name alone. Joe public probably doesn't know what Project cars or Asetta corsa are.

Top Bottom