• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport announced

Some news finally...sorta. Hot Wheels are releasing a five car Gran Turismo themed bundle that'll include the

- Nissan 2020 Concept Vision GT
- Corvette C7-R
- Mazda LM55 Vision GT
- Lamborghini Veneno
- Nissan GT-R

http://www.camcotoys.com/SET-OF-5-G...-Wheels-Retro-Entertainment-B-Case_p_514.html
https://www.gtplanet.net/upcoming-hot-wheels-set-could-hint-at-gt-sport-roster/#respond

Also

gts7bpjb.png

Only one GTR?
Wha?

As in they will launch the game with x cars and tracks then continue to build upon (and improve it) it as time passes. Beaded on my experience with Driveclub this will be a great thing!!!!
I don't like this. :( it was great for DC, but GT is another game and I want a BIG career mode with lots of cars and tracks that take months to finish. after that they can release lots of DLCs and evolve the game with updates. (like PS3 GTs)

OmegaDL50

I don't like this. :( it was great for DC, but GT is another game and I want a BIG career mode with lots of cars and tracks that take months to finish. after that they can release lots of DLCs and evolve the game with updates. (like PS3 GTs)

If it does follow the Driveclub model, who says it can't have a large career mode?

If you factor just the amount of races in the standard tour mode without any of the additional DLC tours, there is already enough races and objectives that exceeds the amount of events in the A-Spec mode of both GT5 and GT6.

Even with a constantly expanding content and updates, I doubt a fleshed out A-Spec / Career mode is going to be an issue.

Can't wait for the Glickenhaus Ferrari P4/5 to make its way to Gran Turismo Sports. If I remember right a team from PD made some photos and videos from that car almost two years ago. It's sooooooooooooo beautiful in real life, and the sound of the car is asthonishing. FYI, as Yamauchi-san, I regularly visit the VLN races at Nurburing Nordschleife. The Glickenhaus P4/5 participated in 2012 for the first time and I heard the news that it will compete in the next 24h race.

vln-2011-03-26-020-300x200.jpg

sogood

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Finally, a 60fps racing game on console.

Niks

From the GT6 thread. Credit to benzy.

Someone at GTplanet messaged the GT official facebook page for some info. Could be something, could be nothing, but it makes sense all things considered. I think they're basically releasing something like GT3 for the new gen and wiping the slate clean (significantly cut down on the content since creating assets take the most work, no more standard assets, then build up on premium assets for GT7). But instead of calling it a full game like with GT3, they'll call it something else as it supposedly still provides the full GT experience but with less content.

UkFb.png

malyce

So it's basically a Prologue Spec II with a slew of online features. In this case we're looking at a Fall 2017/Spring 2018 GT7.

GHG

Gold Member
So it is a prologue but they are not calling it that. Got it.

Still buying it.

I can see a Forza 5 sized game here. Probably a bit less if it really is a $40 game.

Not a prologue but not exactly bursting with tracks and cars.

Even if they got rid of the standard cars they should still have near 300 plus Premium cars (maybe more) from GT5 and GT6 .
Not to certain about how much updates track they have .
So it being price as a cheaper game don't make sense not that i would mind .

If it does follow the Driveclub model, who says it can't have a large career mode?

If you factor just the amount of races in the standard tour mode without any of the additional DLC tours, there is already enough races and objectives that exceeds the amount of events in the A-Spec mode of both GT5 and GT6.

Even with a constantly expanding content and updates, I doubt a fleshed out A-Spec / Career mode is going to be an issue.
You're right, but DriveClub's career was very short in the beginning, before DLCs. All I want is a big career from day one and then evolving in next months. a career like GT4, not small ones in GT5/6. :/

Even if they got rid of the standard cars they should still have near 300 plus Premium cars (maybe more) from GT5 and GT6 .
Not to certain about how much updates track they have .
So it being price as a cheaper game don't make sense not that i would mind .
There are 474 premium cars in GT6 (thanks to this site), albeit there are some duplicates among them.
But premium tracks are much less and PD should make lots of beautiful tracks for this gen.

Dinjooh

You're right, but DriveClub's career was very short in the beginning, before DLCs. All I want is a big career from day one and then evolving in next months. a career like GT4, not small ones in GT5/6. :/

There are 574 premium cars in GT6 (thanks to this site), albeit there are some duplicates among them.
But premium tracks are much less and PD should make lots of beautiful tracks for this gen.

Holy shit, thought they had way less.

I haven't booted up GT6 in around two years either though.

Servbot24

Banned
So it's basically a spin-off, sounds like. Fair enough, I'll probably buy it. Wish they would have gone all in with the next-gen splash and put out GT7 though, with Sport as DLC.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
There have already been 3 60fps racers this gen (and another due out soon), and GT Sport won't hold 60 to save its life if past games are to be considered.

What made you think there were none?

I searched for a racing game recently and all the ones I looked into were 30fps.

Would love to see a GT game with Driveclub levels of support but LOL.

PD have proven with GT5 and 6 that even when it comes to DLC and patches they take their sweet ass time as well.

I think they even had the gall to once say GT6 was meant to have track DLC every month! I think they added maybe 3 tracks since release.

There are 474 premium cars in GT6 (thanks to this site), albeit there are some duplicates among them.

Yeah that is a lot more premium cars than i thought .
No way is this going to be cheaper than normal .
If anything it will most likely be like GT3 but they can expand rather easy now.
Either way it going to be interesting to see what they do .

Shin-Ra

There have already been 3 60fps racers this gen (and another due out soon), and GT Sport won't hold 60 to save its life if past games are to be considered.

What made you think there were none?
inFAMOUS Second Son would have no anti-aliasing if Sucker Punch's past games are to be considered.

nib95

Banned

Unknown?

That number is still inflated as hell tho. If you remove all the duplicates it's closer to 300 really.

Anniversary Editions, Base Models, Stealth Models and Chrome Line alone make up almost 60 duplicates.

Yeah, no. You're saying around 174 cars are duplicates? Lol Most of the gross duplicates(miatas, civics, skylines, etc) are standards. That said there's nothing wrong with having lots of the same car but different years/trim. I wish more models had all the different years and trims.

benzy

Someone with time on their hands should do a count from that site of how many premium duplicates there are. :p

The franchise was too diluted for its own good. Removing the bloat is awesome. The best GT experience for me the last couple of years were the Goodood and Nordscheife challenges. You could see that the cars in those challenges got the maximum attention from the team and those gamemodes were much tighter than the rest of the career mode. More focus, not less.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
So GT Sport is basically a prologue all but name. Still looking forward to see if they can make amend for GT5 (GT5:p was excellent but the full game was meh).

Niks

I think they even had the gall to once say GT6 was meant to have track DLC every month! I think they added maybe 3 tracks since release.

GT6 was a mistake.
Wasted time they could have used to develop GT7/sport instead. By the time they started to develop the engine for PS4 they realized the GT6 tracks were going to look like ass on PS4... only then they decided it was not worth their "time" to release DLC for GT6. (and thats not even mentioning the time wasted developing the course maker which is shit on PS3).

GT6 was a mistake.
Wasted time they could have used to develop GT7/sport instead. By the time they started to develop the engine for PS4 they realized the GT6 tracks were going to look like ass on PS4... only then they decided it was not worth their "time" to release DLC for GT6. (and thats not even mentioning the time wasted developing the course maker which is shit on PS3).

GT6 is one of the biggest miss placed bets I have seen from a console maker for a single game.

It should have been a quick 2 year sequel that was just a ironed out GT5 and out in 2012 for PS3 OR it should have been given another year and been a PS4 game in 2014.

Releasing it as a PS3 game less then a month after the PS4 dropped.... The fuck? Even the all powerful GT brand wont overcome that.

Top Bottom