• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Beta Thread

gtsgameplaybmwbhmysvs.gif

willbsn13

I'll say it again, I really think if they can nail the ease of racing online (penalty system, flags, safety rating etc), the physics and get some good word of mouth, then GTS could take off as the first major e-sports racing title.

It'll be interesting to see when it launches though, any speculation on when the game will release? Some people on GTP seem to think around June/July, not sure about that though

eso76

Now I want a PGR5 on Scorpio with city tracks looking like those backdrops from the photo travel mode.

KdotIX

These gifs are making me want to drop money on a PS4 - something I never had any intention of doing, however, I have played and completed every GT title to date and it would be a shame to break tradition!

danowat

Banned
Everytime someone mentions Driveclub in a non-Driveclub thread a kitten dies.

Apart from the fact that they both have cars in, they couldn't be further from each other, comparisons are pointless.

Still no Beta on my US account, come on Sony, hook us up.

Probs been asked a million times but is this the same level of content as the last big GT? GT sport makes it sound like a spin off of sorts.

Inviusx

Probs been asked a million times but is this the same level of content as the last big GT? GT sport makes it sound like a spin off of sorts.

I don't think so. There aren't as many cars as GT6 but that's because they're removing non premium cars. I've heard that the single player isn't as comprehensive as previous titles as well. In fact it may have more of a multiplayer focus.

any evidence of cars reflecting in the paintwork of other cars? and or self reflections like driveclub?

It's in the game, just not in the closed beta (something many seems to easily forget because of how good the game already looks.)
Anyways, while the graphics is great and all my main gripe was the Netcode for online races. During the first day online races were janky, cars moves as if they were remote controlled cars, flinging all over the place even in a straight line. Watched a stream last night and they were solid, as if it was an offline race, so so happy about that.

Putty

It's in the game, just not in the closed beta (something many seems to easily forget because of how good the game already looks.)
Anyways, while the graphics is great and all my main gripe was the Netcode for online races. During the first day online races were janky, cars moves as if they were remote controlled cars, flinging all over the place even in a straight line. Watched a stream last night and they were solid, as if it was an offline race, so so happy about that.

I've not seen any material of this....This is one of my ONLY gripes visually...Do you have any images?

cooldawn

I imagine Phil Spencer to be just the guy to say "if GT Sport is turning away from dynamic ToD and weather, we will put our finger right into that wound this year. Make it happen, I don't care how!"
So yea, I absolutely expect Forza Motorsport to have that stuff dynamic, even if only on Scorpio and with not as impressive lighting tech as GT Sport.
Although I had a feeling dynamics delayed the release now I just think dynamics are on hold for this particular GT game. Kaz's own experience as a racing driver...seeing the changes take place, mean it'll be back. Maybe patched at some point in the future.

Scorpio will show visual promise but I don't have faith in Turn 10 to deliver the same photorealistic scenes and transitions as PD i.e. I expect I'll look at the way it works and how it feels, the details, and think...'surely it can more than that'. Just that it won't be for the lack of hardware.

The materials of the paint, the reflection of the light and the color palette the whole is absolutely real oO

1490255475-b9xig5k.png
The scary thing is I'm seeing a stunning picture and a non-4K, non-HDR and non-WCG display. With PD standards so high for that stuff it should look even better.

God bless Kaz's passion for all things through a lens.

GHG

Gold Member
None of the GIF's are working anymore.

I stop following this thread for a couple of days and I miss all the fun :( .

170323023214745995.gif

The replays are always the most beautiful oO

I'm more one for the gameplay than the graphics, for example when I hear people criticizing the cardboard trees I can only roll my eyes (especially since the trees in GTS with the subsurface scattering look fantastic compared to other racing titles, but not point), even cardboard people are ok for me, if it helps the performance.

However I do love to watch replays and Gran Turismo always had the best and seems to continue to do so, it's not just the realistic lighting, it's the camera angles (and lots of those so they don't repeat each lap).
I can somewhat understand when some say they only want authentic TV camera angles, but for me... no, TV(!) should have camera angles like GT!! It would make more people care to watch some racing!

Sometimes I wonder how Fifa-like commentary over the replays would be like, but in games with good car sounds I usually come to the conclusion that it's for the best that there is no commentary and it would be a waste of resources to make one (let's hope that GT still gets some driveline stress modeling for the sound, then I might even call the sound "good").

I'm more one for the gameplay than the graphics, for example when I hear people criticizing the cardboard trees I can only roll my eyes (especially since the trees in GTS with the subsurface scattering look fantastic compared to other racing titles, but not point), even cardboard people are ok for me, if it helps the performance.

However I do love to watch replays and Gran Turismo always had the best and seems to continue to do so, it's not just the realistic lighting, it's the camera angles (and lots of those so they don't repeat each lap).
I can somewhat understand when some say they only want authentic TV camera angles, but for me... no, TV(!) should have camera angles like GT!! It would make more people care to watch some racing!

Sometimes I wonder how Fifa-like commentary over the replays would be like, but in games with good car sounds I usually come to the conclusion that it's for the best that there is no commentary and it would be a waste of resources to make one (let's hope that GT still gets some driveline stress modeling for the sound, then I might even call the sound "good").

Agreed with everything. The replay camera placement and movement are the best I've ever seen.

I never enjoy just watching a game. But last night I was glued to a GTS live stream on YouTube!

From the youtube videos I've seen, actually I'm not that impressed with the graphics... Is it the compression? How does the game look?

shandy706

The game looks nice. Outside of the way the cars are lit (which PD does so well) it looks like all other current-gen racers at best though guys. A bit of hyperbole to say otherwise, heheh.

The reflections in this shot, for example, are really rough looking resolution wise...

...it's a beta though, and I really wish I had got in :(.

The actual gameplay shots aren't up to par with some recent racers either. Soft image and serious lack of AF.

Having a PC, PS4, and Xbox One with racers on it (Horizon 3 looks insane at 4k)..it will take a lot for PD to awe me graphically during gameplay. Aren't they using pre-lit tracks now? I expect better from them even at 60fps, but that may be what they've done in the past on much lesser hardware coming through in my judgement.

Everytime someone mentions Driveclub in a non-Driveclub thread a kitten dies.

Apart from the fact that they both have cars in, they couldn't be further from each other, comparisons are pointless.

Still no Beta on my US account, come on Sony, hook us up.

It's also funny that there are more people making Driveclub comparisons and there are sold copies of the game.

Top Bottom