• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Beta Thread

Cyriades

The King Is Back!!

source.gif

source.gif

FrankWza

How likely is it that this game will feature 2 player splitscreen (at 30 fps) ? I wanna play it against a friend in front of the same God damn TV ...

I remember hooking up to 2 PS2's with wheels to 2 TVs side by side on GT4. I think if i remember correctly you needed an ethernet cord or a router to connect. One of the tvs was a giant sony flat screen tube that weighed probably 1 hundred pounds. It was awesome

On second thought, i don't think he was racing online, that might be some seriously improved AI.

Nah it was online for sure, you can see the PSN IDs. One thing I just noticed in that vid is that there are proximity indicators in the centre UI cluster (the red semi circles).

Here's a new vid from the Geneva Motor Show build showing some previously unconfirmed cars (and LaFerrari gameplay).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwsRTknBMjU

kanuuna

Sound still doesn't be on the level of something like Driveclub, but then again not a lot of games can compete with that.

What do you guys think are the chances this game will have modern road legal super cars such as the P1, Aventador sv etc..? All I've seen from this game is race cars and personally while race cars are cool I also like my road legal modern super cars as well.

Turbo91GT

I remember hooking up to 2 PS2's with wheels to 2 TVs side by side on GT4. I think if i remember correctly you needed an ethernet cord or a router to connect. One of the tvs was a giant sony flat screen tube that weighed probably 1 hundred pounds. It was awesome

I did the same, required a firewire cable. Cost over $40 back then (12" cable I think).

So no more standard car models obviously, right? Much shorter roster?

Now that you mentioned it. If I recall correctly, GT5 had 200 Premium cars and the rest, around 800 cars were standard cars (close to PS2 graphics) and some are directly imported from the PSP version.

Are all the GT Sport cars Premium PS4 level cars?

Avtomat

What do you guys think are the chances this game will have modern road legal super cars such as the P1, Aventador sv etc..? All I've seen from this game is race cars and personally while race cars are cool I also like my road legal modern super cars as well.

SunhiLegend's gif clearly shows road cars and I have seen a Mclaren in one of the streams.

farisr

So no more standard car models obviously, right? Much shorter roster?
Now that you mentioned it. If I recall correctly, GT5 had 200 Premium cars and the rest, around 800 cars were standard cars (close to PS2 graphics) and some are directly imported from the PSP version.

Are all the GT Sport cars Premium PS4 level cars?
Game initially was set to launch with 140 cars before the delay, and yeah no standard cars has been confirmed.

”In the end, there will be around 4 to 5 hundred cars. All cars have been re-modeled, and there won't be standard cars."

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-sport-could-eventually-feature-up-to-500-cars/

benzy

PD should just give Sunhi a beta code and pay him for advertisements.

LaFerrari, Lamborghini Veneno, and the Bugatti Veyron are confirmed in the game.

PD should just give Sunhi a beta code and pay him for advertisements.

LaFerrari, Lamborghini Veneno, and the Bugatti Veyron are confirmed in the game.

That's great. Hopefully the P1 and the others are in the game as well. Is there a reason why PD chooses to mostly show race cars?

benzy

That's great. Hopefully the P1 and the others are in the game as well. Is there a reason why PD chooses to mostly show race cars?

I guess because of the FIA partnership, but they've basically just been showing the same cars ever since the reveal in 2015 though lol. I think we'll see more categories of cars when marketing ramps up.

Just watching some replays posted in this thread and the car models don't appear to 'switch' LOD, so in other words, they're all at its highest LOD.

It's very common in racing games to see the LOD switch in replay.

Unless it's very subtle.

Just watching some replays posted in this thread and the car models don't appear to 'switch' LOD, so in other words, they're all at its highest LOD.

It's very common in racing games to see the LOD switch in replay.

Unless it's very subtle.

They already had a mostly working dynamic subdivision system in gt6 so might be using that.

So replays, are they in a different aspect ration than the game runs in? Seems to be very narrow with black bars. Image quality is excellent though.

Sebmugi

The replays despite the 30 fps are superbly silky and this management of lights gently or fierce photorealistic <3

Conduit

Banned
shouldn't there be light-cones on the track from the headlights? edit: I was LTTP with my post, sorry @Mathezar

I remember GT6 only showing the cone of the car you selected to observe, all the other cars didn't really cast light on objects.
But here it's probably just too early in the evening to really see it... right?

Noticing none of the car headlights are casting any light on the track, looks super weird. I seem to recall that being in GT6, would look amazing in HDR...

The headlights aren't projecting light onto the tarmac and other cars.

2 years of Driveclub spoiled me.

Before was there. I dunno why isn't here now. Maybe because it's not a night completely or because it's beta?

gts1ths9i.gif

Top Bottom