• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Beta Thread

Sebmugi

Many thanks to Dumb and others who kept posting pics/GIFS. Really got me interested in the game.

So much the better if the screens are born curiosity for the game .. I think the final game will really have moments that breathtaking ..

1500185153-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-de-test-beta-fermee-20170715155041.png
1500185148-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-de-test-beta-fermee-20170715154934.png

1500185156-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-de-test-beta-fermee-20170715155747.png
1500185158-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-de-test-beta-fermee-20170715160353.png

1500185328-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-de-test-beta-fermee-20170715154530.png
1500185373-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-de-test-beta-fermee-20170715155450.png

1500185360-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-de-test-beta-fermee-20170715160027.png
1500185370-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-de-test-beta-fermee-20170715160211.png

1500185367-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-de-test-beta-fermee-20170715160607.png
1500185377-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-de-test-beta-fermee-20170715160655.png

neoGAFsFinest

Neo Member
I've gotta say I'm a little bit disappointed with the the trees and general side track detail - no movement and last gen sprites in some cases.

Ammogeddon

I've gotta say I'm a little bit disappointed with the the trees and general side track detail - no movement and last gen sprites in some cases.

It may be the beta so I'm not going to be too critical. Some tracks are better that others. Brands Hatch looks pretty decent. Nurburgring has some bad 2D trees which look a gen or two behind. They really stand out on the pro on a 4K TV. I recall Forza on the Xbone getting stick for the 2D crowd.....

Anyway they should be given the benefit of the doubt but if it's still the same on release then they deserve a ribbing but it's not enough to put me off, looking forward to picking it up October.

Dumb and Sunhi you guys are my favourites just saying. Only Albert of RE4HD fame is more legit. And Orioto.

Fuck I need that Black Friday shit to come earlier for this game, I need that damn Sony OLED!

thelastword

Banned
Geometry in GTS is the best I've seen in a racer. PBR is great. The only thing missing in those buildings are signs of life, I wish some racers would tackle that next. The crowds on the side of the tracks and the camps are great, but showing signs of life in the city environments and actual working people in the buildings would be the next logical step to tackle....but perhaps for next gen consoles with a better CPU et al....
Lighting and shadows are pretty nice. A tunnel done right...I can't wait to see how much better this looks come launch day..

Ogawa-san

Now that beta is winding down... How would you guys rate the HDR implementation here?

I noticed some differences with it enabled ingame, mostly about sunrays and clouds, but I haven't had my KS8000 for long and I only have a couple other HDR-enabled games, so I'm still in that phase where you're not sure how or where HDR is supposed to make look better exactly.

Putty

It may be the beta so I'm not going to be too critical. Some tracks are better that others. Brands Hatch looks pretty decent. Nurburgring has some bad 2D trees which look a gen or two behind. They really stand out on the pro on a 4K TV. I recall Forza on the Xbone getting stick for the 2D crowd.....

Anyway they should be given the benefit of the doubt but if it's still the same on release then they deserve a ribbing but it's not enough to put me off, looking forward to picking it up October.

Absolutely no 110%

Geometry in GTS is the best I've seen in a racer. PBR is great. The only thing missing in those buildings are signs of life, I wish some racers would tackle that next. The crowds on the side of the tracks and the camps are great, but showing signs of life in the city environments and actual working people in the buildings would be the next logical step to tackle....but perhaps for next gen consoles with a better CPU et al....

I'd go for traffic before people in buildings. Lot of times watching real races you can see vehicles going along other roads, and Ridge Racer was doing it before GT was a thing :p
Applies to most environments too, for example Nurburgring you should be able to see traffic running alongside the big straight on Nordschleife and then (from an aerial shot) underneath the GP circuit.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life

Lighting and shadows are pretty nice. A tunnel done right...I can't wait to see how much better this looks come launch day..

so what happened here?

why can we see so much edges on the car?

thelastword

Banned
I'd go for traffic before people in buildings. Lot of times watching real races you can see vehicles going along other roads, and Ridge Racer was doing it before GT was a thing :p
Applies to most environments too, for example Nurburgring you should be able to see traffic running alongside the big straight on Nordschleife and then (from an aerial shot) underneath the GP circuit.
Other traffic would be great on other tributary roads, just not on the race circuits if you're not a PRO driver ;)

I think next gen is going to show us how far we can go with our games, finally consoles will have a decent cpu with a good enough GPU bandwidth to push things to a whole new level.....Ai, sound, world detail will be the biggest feats things next gen IMO. Till then, GTS is really impressive on all levels...All I want to see now is the weather simulation and I hope they lock it at a solid 60fps.

so what happened here?

why can we see so much edges on the car?
It's a PNG shot, but it could very well be compression depending on the site used.....

As for the angular around the headlights, it could be how the car is designed or work in progress.....There have been updates and changes made throughout the beta, but what I'm seeing here is not representative of the majority of the cars I've seen. An outlier perhaps?.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Other traffic would be great on other tributary roads, just not on the race circuits if you're not a PRO driver ;)

I think next gen is going to show us how far we can go with our games, finally consoles will have a decent cpu with a good enough GPU bandwidth to push things to a whole new level.....Ai, sound, world detail will be the biggest feats things next gen IMO. Till then, GTS is really impressive on all levels...All I want to see now is the weather simulation and I hope they lock it at a solid 60fps.

It's a PNG shot, but it could very well be compression depending on the site used.....

again, i mean the car geometry, maybe its a LoD problem

Makki

It's a tessellation problem, and it may be an old picture when the beta had issues not applying it correctly. If it's newer though just go ahead and "cancel your pre-order" and bump up some other racing game thread because the headlight edge was triangulated.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
It's a tessellation problem, and it may be an old picture when the beta had issues not applying it correctly. If it's newer though just go ahead and "cancel your pre-order" and bump up some other racing game thread because the headlight edge was triangulated.

if only was the headlight... ;)

Not sure where else to post this with the beta being over and all, but PD had some European press in the studio. Based on these pictures it seems the livery editor will let you import images:

Also if you look at the first picture, it looks like the 4C has carbon fibre headlights installed and they've been painted orange. So you can probably add external parts to Group N cars too.

Cars hooked up to a dyno

20347658_822237211284gvs36.jpg

dfqfay7voaeekalugss0.jpg

Headlights are now working properly

dfjug-muiamwn4qlns0n.jpg

And apparently whatever embargo is in place for the European press is up tomorrow. So we should be getting some new details.

invisibleB

Neo Member
Anyone else having problems going back into settings after first boot of the beta and setting it all up? Wanted to change to frame rate mode for the Pro and mess with exposure levels! but just crashes with error code!.... everytime!

Also im a nerd when it comes to tv's but even im like hmmm what exactly does the exposure setting do! (assume just pushes up the white balance) as it looked better when i punched it up by 5 points. But then left it at standard to test first!.... as was worried pushing it up could kill shadows.
Also interesting that saturation was set to 100 by default...

CRAP WRONG THREAD sorry gaf <3

Top Bottom