• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Limited time only. Carry progress over to full game.

NA:
Pre-load on the 7th at 8am PT for PS+ members. Unlocks at midnight PT on the 9th while everyone else can download at 6pm PT. Runs until 8am PT on the 12th.

EU:
Pre-load on the 7th at 10am BST. Playable 10am BST on the 9th until 2pm BST on the 12th.

Linky

Greetings Gran Turismo fans! Now that we are in the final countdown to the launch of GT Sport, we thought there was no better way to show our appreciation than by giving the PS community a head start on their racing journey. We are excited to announce a free GT Sport 4-day demo, available via PlayStation Store from October 9th through October 12th.

PS Plus members will be able to pre-load the demo starting from October 7th at 8:00am PT, with access to the game on October 9th, at 12:00am PT. For everyone else, download and access to the demo starts October 9th at 6:00pm PT. The demo officially ends October 12th at 8:00am PT.

You won't want to miss this limited time demo, as your earned in-game credit (up to $1MM) and personalized garage vehicles are transferable to the full game when it launches October 17th.

The GT Sport demo will give fans an in-depth look at some of the new features, geared to define the future of motorsports for all levels of drivers, from first timers to 20 year veterans of the franchise. You drive and tune on your own terms, while the new matchmaking system ensures you're always racing against others of similar abilities.

At the start of the demo, drivers will have the option to experience a taste of Sport, Campaign, or Arcade mode. New features such as the innovative Scapes Photography mode and Custom Livery Editor are also available for the very first time.

In Sport mode, drivers can prove just how fast they are by putting down their fastest lap time. At the end of each qualifying session, it's an all-out battle with up to 24 cars against drivers with similar performance abilities ensuring each race is equal, fair, and highly competitive.

Campaign mode gives players the chance to improve their driving skills across numerous challenges, missions, and circuit experiences. Each of these modes play a key role in making every driver better prepared for racing online against others. As you complete various trial and Daily Workouts, you will be awarded with numerous vehicle unlocks, in-game currency, and Experience Points, furthering your Driver Profile and personal garage.

For those looking to just jump in and drive, the Arcade mode offers a wide range of vehicle classes on three pre-selected circuit configurations with different terrains. Whether you want to go for high-speed oval racing on Northern Isle, hone your technical skills on Dragon Trail, or drift sideways through the corners in rally, race on your own terms as you choose from multiple driving aids including braking and or steering to hone your skills. You can also race against a friend offline in the classic 2-player split screen mode.

The True HDR workflow and physics-based rendering tech of Scapes must be experienced firsthand to be truly appreciated. This is not your traditional photo mode as each photo location contains all the light energy information of that scene, enabling you to place your personalized car in hundreds of real world locations.

To round out the demo experience, the Livery Editor allows you to add your own personal touch of customization through numerous logo designs. You can also change the color of the car, wheels, mirrors, hood, spoiler, and much more.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Nice. I've been tossing between either getting Driveclub or wait for this as my one racing game to show off the PS4 (Pro), this seems like the better candidate owing to the Pro enhancements. The demo should be a great taste for me.

Rellik

It says pre-load the demo on the 7th if you're on PS+ and then play on the 9th.

Edit: You've changed it now.

Elandyll

Banned
Good way to do a stress test of the servers for the actual release, but I have to say after the Drive Club debacle, if the online ends up having issues on a game that was ostensibly made to be played online, Sony will only have itself to blame on this one (well, and PD/ Kaz too if they pushed the online shift).

Will probably give this a try as a PS+ user even though I suck at racers, because why not?

Hope it's every bit as good as it should be for racing fans on Playstation :)

Adam M

3 days of demo availability is kinda lame...Why? What if someone want the game let's say during the holidays and want to try out before purchase?

Loudninja

Nice 4 days of demo, then just a 5 day wait until the game comes out.

Not a big racer guy but I will of course try this.

bumpkin

Very upset with the lack of VR in demo.
Really need to try out the visual before buying it.
First thing I searched for when I got into the thread. IQ in VR on an OG PS4 is the make-or-break factor for me with this game. If it doesn't look any better than Drive Club or Dirt Rally, I'll pass.

BigEmil

Cool, I know visuals and audio is good but content not as good in GTS but still will download the demo

Look forward to it.

Still I'll have to wait to see what's available and what's not in the full game as I don't plan on getting PSN+ for one game.

Niks

Good way to do a stress test of the servers for the actual release, but I have to say after the Drive Club debacle, if the online ends up having issues on a game that was ostensibly made to be played online, Sony will only have itself to blame on this one (well, and PD/ Kaz too if they pushed the online shift).

This.
It could backfire big-time for Sony and PD.

Hopefully they are prepared.

Fournier

For US:
PS Plus members will be able to pre-load the demo starting from October 7th at 8:00am PT, with access to the game on October 9th, at 12:00am PT. For everyone else, download and access to the demo starts October 9th at 6:00pm PT. The demo officially ends October 12th at 8:00am PT.

For EU:
We are excited to announce a GT Sport 4-day demo, via PlayStation Store from 9th October 10am (BST) through 12th October 2pm (BST) with pre-download available from 7th October at 10am (BST).

Why?

So, lack of VR confirmed? Bummer.

On the other hand, I'm super pleased that this demo is even going to exist since I haven't had a single chance to try this game beforehand!

I'll try the demo, probably the first GT I won't buy though. Not interested in multi player and driving school only.

Edit:

Seems like its a free demo on Australian PS Store

PS Plus exclusive on USA PS Store

Top Bottom