• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

DarkestHour

Banned
To make this clear to a poor person such as myself; If you don't have PS+ you can't even download it until the 9th?

Damigos

Anyone knows what happens to those who pre-ordered it ?
The preorder cars and currency + anything from demo gets carried over to the final game ?
Thank you in advance

bombshell

Anyone knows what happens to those who pre-ordered it ?
The preorder cars and currency + anything from demo gets carried over to the final game ?
Thank you in advance

It's not everything from the demo that carries over.

You won’t want to miss this limited time demo, as your earned in-game credit (up to $1MM) and personalized garage vehicles are transferable to the full game when it launches October 17th.

Adam M

Reckon they want big sales on release.
And FU if you don't have the console/time during the demo period.
This is exactly the type of game which you want to try before you buy it and they can't really think that everyone will have the time during weekdays

Sjefen

Nice, skipped GT6 and have been looking forward too the next GT. Looks like a fullt fleshed out demo as well

Edit: Demo experience/money carries over too the main game is FANTASTICS

And FU if you don't have the console/time during the demo period. This is exactly the type of game which you want to try before you buy it and they can't really think that everyone will have the time during weekdays

I mean, it's been at every single games convention for years. It's been playable in pods at some UK shopping centres I've been to. They often show it at motorsport events. There was a big beta. And now there's a meaty demo coming.

I understand not everyone will be able to try the game before launch even despite their efforts to get it out there, but it's hardly a "fuck you" now, is it? I'm not sure what the precedent is for online demos, but I can't think of many that stick around forever.

bombshell

Huhh, seems Sports mode might be active all the time. During the beta it wouldn't be active for half the day.

That's because for the beta they wanted it active only at times where they could actively monitor it in a suitable time for the studio in Japan.

There will of course be Sport mode races all day in the full game, which this demo is more reminiscent of than the beta since we're so close to release now.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It is very welcome so I can get a feel for it. But would it have killed them to have butted up to a weekend?

shandy706

Finally get to play the darn game. I wonder how well it would stream to my Vita in the field at work? 🤔🤔

So... I have 4 days to either play or download the demo?

0mPchiE.gif

THE:MILKMAN

It is always great to try before you buy but boy Kaz can't help himself....He specifically said there would be no demo because of the time it takes for testing it etc and felt the 3 months to gold master was far more important to concentrate on.

What a tinker.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Ha, I'll be out on vacation all next week. So you can't play after the 12th? How is that a demo? This is more of a beta to load test the servers to me.

GHG

Gold Member
It is always great to try before you buy but boy Kaz can't help himself....He specifically said there would be no demo because of the time it takes for testing it etc and felt the 3 months to gold master was far more important to concentrate on.

What a tinker.

Pre order numbers must be low.

What a tinker.

Wasn't that when the original beta was cancelled 18 months ago (when asked about a new beta) or did he say it again since?
Game will already be gold by this point

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
On the fence about this title heavy so this will be the first time in a looooooooooong while that I actually use a demo to decide whether I'm going to buy a game or not.

Pre order numbers must be low.

Think so too.

I expect a lot aren't sure what the campaign is and there will be still big questions about the full game after the demo has ended probably. The demo might sell you on the quality but for me I can't pre order something like this until I know what the deal is and what I'm excluded from not being a PSN+ user and will mean reading user feedback from the full game on here and gtplanet and maybe reviews. A GT game would be a slam dunk preorder/buy for me usually.

Then of course you''ve got known entities like Forza and Pcars

Duallusion

On the fence about this title heavy so this will be the first time in a looooooooooong while that I actually use a demo to decide whether I'm going to buy a game or not.

Yep, same here. I don't even remember the last time I played such a deciding demo.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Top Bottom