• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

Sebmugi

woww the fog on willow springs and the camera move's oO

today it' a great day for racing game fan's

VMkCxe5.gif

JamboGT

I have spent too long watching the rolling demo. The only other thing I did was give my PS4 a good clean with some air and the like, and that was also for GT’s benefit. I have it bad....

Been watching the rolling demo on my PS4Pro. It's certainly very pretty.

Watching the demo race that was very impressive. Though the headlights looked a bit weird. Everything else looked very convincing.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
My only negative so far are the shadows look low rent sometimes. Kinda ruins the otherwise good image quality, which has minor aliasing (PD have done a fab job here this time round)

My only negative so far are the shadows look low rent sometimes. Kinda ruins the otherwise good image quality, which has minor aliasing (PD have done a fab job here this time round)

Shadows were also the thing that stood out.

They were the most jarring thing in GT5 initially too. I hope they can improve them in GTS and still keep some performance.

0racle

im in the east cost, is it available for pre load? I dont see it as of yet online, I have yet to check the storefront from my console.

Two questions:

Is there a way to save replays to watch again later?

Also, is there a more traditional photo mode (not scapes)?

Elandyll

Banned
On one hand I suck at racing games and it's going to be a 43Gb download...

Otoh it's a free demo and the gifs/ videos are gorgeous...

Choices (aka 1st world problems).

cyber_ninja

Just caved in and pre ordered Deluxe Edition on PSN, despite swearing not to buy it at launch due to lack of traditional SP. What is wrong with me Gaf? Lol.

dmix90

So i just got a bit hyped and bought G27 + about to pick up GIMX. Is there any way to run GIMX app from Android device? I have a shitty half-dead laptop just in case but solution which allows to use this wheel on PS4 via small throwaway phone is much more appealing. If anyone has any info please share.

Crayon

Just caved in and pre ordered Deluxe Edition on PSN, despite swearing not to buy it at launch due to lack of traditional SP. What is wrong with me Gaf? Lol.

I was down on it for a long time but Im going to make the leap and get in there day 1. I have to see it for myself. It looks like it might actually be very good.

GHG

Gold Member
If the game looks anything like this demo reel then wow.

Looks stunning on PS4 Pro in the downsampling mode.

bombshell

So i just got a bit hyped and bought G27 + about to pick up GIMX. Is there any way to run GIMX app from Android device? I have a shitty half-dead laptop just in case but solution which allows to use this wheel on PS4 via small throwaway phone is much more appealing. If anyone has any info please share.

No, that's not possible.

The GIMX solution involves 2 3 USB connections: The wheel is connected to a Windows or Ubuntu PC or a Raspberry Pi where the GIMX software is run and then the PC/Pi is connected via a custom USB adaptor to the console. Edit: Forgot a 3rd USB connection: A DS4 needs to be connected to the PC/Pi, to fool the controller authentication on the PS4.

So your more lightweight option if you don't want to use a laptop as the intermediary would be the Raspberry Pi board.

Top Bottom