• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport launches on November 15th.

GHG

Gold Member
I don't think there will be another 'mainline' Gran Turismo.
This new one is a platform that will grow and grow. Game as a service.

If that's the case then it will indicate a change in direction and focus for the franchise.

Based on the info we have here this goes up against PCars more than it does Forza.

ps3ud0

Pretty much sure there will be, indeed its likely why Sony got rid of Evo as I expect we will have more than 1 GT title at a time - just focused on particular aspects of racing/driving games...

ps3ud0 8)

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
They probably have too much to announce at E3. One can dream right?

I am hoping for a solid Last Guardian date, and I am HOPING for Horizon this year. BUT if no Horizon I am sure Dead Dont Ride will release this year and I can not wait to see footage of it

Does anyone know if they've changed their engine yet?
GT4, HD, 5, and 6 seemed to be sharing a lot of assets, so I've always figured they were using a similar, but updated, engine.

Looks nice, though. I'll day 1 a GT game any time.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Please please please PS3 wheel support so I can use my awesome Gt6 racing setup, but I am bottom of the barrel hope on that.

BAW

Banned
It's a standalone game that's very racing focused.

That's how Sony/Polyphony want to present it, but in my ears it always sounded like "We don't have Turn10-level manpower to come out with a full-blown sequel swiftly, so in the meantime here's what we could scrape instead".

Can someone explain what GT Sport is? Is it a new game? Or is it more like a side game or expansion?

It's a completely new game rebuilt form the ground up on the PS4. It's going to have a very racing focused structure in comparison to the numbered franchise.

I am hoping for a solid Last Guardian date, and I am HOPING for Horizon this year. BUT if no Horizon I am sure Dead Dont Ride will release this year and I can not wait to see footage of it

I hope they give wild a release date. That's one of my most anticipated game ever since they first shown the footage.

T.O.P

Banned
It's a completely new game rebuilt form the ground up on the PS4. It's going to have a very racing focused structure in comparison to the numbered franchise.

GTS > GT7 for me then :p

But really, this sounds more up my alley, not much of a fun of the GT formula anymore

raven777

Ci1Ds0kU4AAW7lx.jpg:large

eFKac

A firm release date with a date gives me hope of no delay.

Please don't fucking delay it like you always do with your games Sony.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Also yeah its best to say they rebuilt all the cars from scratch. No Standard cars all premium cars this time.

Rebuilt? Surely not from the start though - the premiums were supposed to be designed in a way that would make them easily reused. Huge waste if they had to do them all again

Rebuilt? Surely not from the start though - the premiums were supposed to be designed in a way that would make them easily reused. Huge waste if they had to do them all again
People in the other GT thread were saying every car is newly modelled. I mentioned that I think it's a waste too because GT6 had somewhere around 250 really nice premium models. Glad standards are gone but it seems odd to get rid of premiums like that.

I wouldn't call this a holiday title in the traditional sense. It's not a game grandmas will go out and buy. Maybe back in the time of GT3, but not anymore.

I have even more doubt that Horizon is coming out this year now. TLG on the other hand, really holding out that on that getting a September release date.

Sayad

What they said previously is that this is more of a spin-off and GT7 is coming later, unless the plans changed!

jmaine_ph

PS4 on fire this year. Holy shit. TLG or HZD gotta be getting delayed. No way the dream of all of this coming this year is true.

Guymelef

It's funny how GT Sport, Gravity Rush 2, The Last Guardian and New Everybody's Golf are all aiming for 2016 release.

Griss

Is this a mainline entry? Is this essentially GT7?

Because if it is they need to get that info out there or the title will hurt it.

I like everything I hear, though. Waiting for confirmation of better audio and
crash damage.

probably the least visually impressive the series ever was at the time

why is that? as long as its crisp and smooth looking with high iq thats all I need

Top Bottom