• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport launches on November 15th.

jelly

Don't jump down my throat or anything but it doesn't look wow in those screenshots so far. I kinda expected better.

Boke1879

So this will be kinda structured like Driveclub? Like a games as a service where they continue to update the game and add free and paid content?

If so I can easily see this game making a shit ton of money

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
At least now all the "PS4 haz no games cuz no holiday exclusive" people can be quiet.
Knowing them it will change to "But racing games don't count"

racing games are niche majority of people don't play them, they don't count. Plus Sony fans don't support their games, they don't buy games. This won't make NPD charts, only American sales matter.

Think I channeled Crapgamer and Mooch into one there.

RankoSD

r6jfpj9.jpg

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Have they mentioned anything about DLC car packs? I'd assume, but you never know.

EDIT: Read that this is being viewed as a platform (to build upon) than another GT iteration. I was hoping they would go in this direction.

Elios83

Nothing to laugh at in this case, the release of GT Sport this year was a much bigger question mark than The Last Guardian which in the end is a reworked single player PS3 game.
It will likely be launched in October if this is coming in November.

Indeed I'm surprised the full game is making it this year with what seems to be a pretty good amount of contents as well. And finally no standard cars.
Now the question is how it plays compared to GT6.

J-Skee

I'm really interested in the whole "race other countries" thing that they talked about during Paris Games Week. I hope they show more of that.

Beginning to sound like this might approach the depth of a Gran Turismo 3 (which I think also pared down the car list drastically). Maybe somewhere between GT5 Prologue and 3? Or is that wishful thinking?

Also: LIVERY EDITOR YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Boke1879

Sony is launching their biggest franchise this fall? Yeah, I can definitely see Horizon being delayed to 2017 now.

Yea which is fine to me honestly. I think Horizon as interesting as it looks would kinda not sell up to its potential releasing this fall going up against COD, bf1 among others

Zukkoyaki

So let me get this straight.

They use ugly-ass PS2 models on the GT5 and GT6, but they're abandoning the premium vehicles that still look pretty damn good?
According to the main thread it's 137 legit premium cars rebuilt/built for PS4.

So let me get this straight.

They use ugly-ass PS2 models on the GT5 and GT6, but they're abandoning the premium vehicles that still look pretty damn good?

Saving them for GT7 lol. I, personally, rather have newer 2016-2017 model of cars in GTS than older 2010-2013 model of cars. That's just me though!

Surprised GT Sport will be a holiday 2016 game. This holiday looks like it's gonna be a strong one for Sony in terms of 1st party offerings.

The Last Guardian
GT Sport
Horizon (maybe)
E3 reveals???

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
That's not a lot of content (cars & tracks) for a GT game but it's more than most racing games so it won't be the deciding factor for me. I'm more interested if the campaign mode will be interesting, because I don't care about any social (or VR ;)) aspects of the game.

What does more racing focused mean exactly? I'm not a big racing follower, so I don't get the distinction.

Numbered GT's have a lot of cars that you simply would never race in. It's much more about the history of cars in general. Sport is going to lean more toward cars you would race in. That doesn't mean that there are only racing cars as we've already seen road going cars. But it'll be more about the history of racing.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
That shit looks last gen as fuck. Sony shut down the wrong racing studio.

/controversialOpinion

Top Bottom