• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport launches on November 15th.

That shit looks last gen as fuck. Sony shut down the wrong racing studio.

/controversialOpinion

Really?

ahddPk7.jpg

LRLELha.jpg

Always gives me a laugh when news sites source GAF lol. Also I am legit surprised it's coming out this year. Got an actual release date ahead of the other 2016 PS4 games too.

NHale

November 2016 release date? Idon'tbelieveyou.gif

What does more racing focused mean exactly? I'm not a big racing follower, so I don't get the distinction.

It means a game is focused on the actual motorsport instead of being a Pokemon game where the main focus is to drive events with silly scenarios to gain money to buy cars to drive another silly scenario event.

A motorsport focused game is different because they expect you to be satisfied with the actual racing, which could mean use the same car for 10 straight races for example.

Imagine Project CARS vs. GT/Forza. Quite frankly I'm not that sold GT Sport is actually that racing focused. It seem to be a hybrid between Pokemon GT mainline series and a 100% racing game (GT3 on a oval?)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Saving them for GT7 lol. I, personally, rather have newer 2016-2017 model of cars in GTS than older 2010-2013 model of cars. That's just me though!

why not both? They said themselves the GT5/6 cars were modelled at a higher detail than necessary so they'd be usable for later games. Plus they'd be rendering in the new PS4 engine so they aren't going to look like the GT5/6 cars. Just seems odd to me, unless that lower count is just taking all the lower spec cars out that aren't sporty enough.

If we have to wait until 2018 for a GT game with normal cars that is insane. I don't mind the fast cars, but I have the most fun in GT with mid-spec cars, the kinds of cars I could imagine owning myself.

Elios83

That's not a lot of content (cars & tracks) for a GT game but it's more than most racing games so it won't be the deciding factor for me. I'm more interested if the campaign mode will be interesting, because I'm not interested in any social aspects of the game.

Quality and consistency is far more important than quantity (that is still there btw).
I'm more concerned about the usual outdated collision physics.

Numbered GT's have a lot of cars that you simply would never race in. It's much more about the history of cars in general. Sport is going to lean more toward cars you would race in. That doesn't mean that there are only racing cars as we've already seen road going cars. But it'll be more about the history of racing.

This is the kind of ridiculous nuance that has always made me appreciate GT. I was wondering in what way this wasn't just Gran Turismo 7, but this explains it perfectly!

I hope a new arrangement of Moon Over The Castle is in this.

leeh

So let me get this straight.

They use ugly-ass PS2 models on the GT5 and GT6, but they're abandoning the premium vehicles that still look pretty damn good?
I'm confused, how are these PS2 models of cars which were released a long time after anything to do with the PS2?

Game looks great.

Those screenshots, I mean, yeah, they are obviously bullshots, but man, on first glimpse you wouldn't think those are screenshot, they pass for actual photos.

Loudninja

GT Fans! The moment you’ve been waiting for has finally arrived!
Following the exclusive event in London today, CEO of Polyphony Digital Kazunori Yamauchi officially announced Gran Turismo Sport on PS4 would be released on November 15th, 2016.

GT Sport is the world’s first racing experience to be built from the ground up to bring global, online competitions sanctioned by the highest governing body of international motorsports, the FIA (Federation International Automobile). Create your legacy as you represent and compete for your home country or favorite manufacturer through multiple race classes, including GT3, Prototype, Rally, and more.

To commemorate the release of Gran Turismo being introduced on PlayStation 4 for the very first time, we created GT Sport Limited Edition for our hardcore racing fans. Priced at just $69.99, the Limited Edition contains more than $130 in content including:
  • GT Sport Starter Pack (8x Cars) – Gain immediate access to cars within various race class, including GT4, Rally, and more
  • $1MM In-Game Credit – Build and customize your personalized garage
  • Livery Sticker Pack – Bonus livery of numerous brands and logos
  • 30x PS4 GT Sport Themed Avatars – Based on selected GT Sport featured vehicles
  • Racing Helmet – For your customized driver profile
  • Limited Edition Steel Book and Packaging
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/05/19/gran-turismo-sport-launches-on-ps4-november-15th-2016/

Xater

Yamauchi apologized that there will no longer be a beta. Doing the beta would have possibly delayed the game.

From the digital preorder page.

Pre-order Gran Turismo Sport for a dynamic theme for your PS4™, Pace Car pack and bonus in-game credits.

The definitive motor racing experience is back and better than ever on PS4.

FEEL ONLY SPEED

• Experience the most realistic looking cars available with true-to-life graphics.
• Drive 140 of the fastest and most sought after cars in the world, from exclusive prototypes to the best in real-world motoring.
• Race on 19 different tracks and locations including the legendary Nürburgring and Tokyo Expressway.

THE ACCESSIBLE DRIVING EXPERIENCE

• The new physics engine and realistic handling provide driving experiences to suit new players and seasoned pros.
• Multiple divisions across age, region and driving style mean drivers of all abilities can experience the thrill of online competition.

THE NEW STANDARD IN RACING

• Introducing a world first, the only official FIA Online Championship – compete for your home country or favourite car manufacturer.

In-game purchases optional

Rizific

Can they nail the sound thus time? With significantly less cars, I hope they were able to give a little more love to sound quality. Please no vacuums.

Top Bottom