• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport New Update.

Fox Mulder

but boy some of the cars have some crazy prices that i know i never gonna buy them , so only chance just to win them . Forza have some better price i would say more to real world price. ...

Absolutely. There's some cars with high prices that I gave up on ever getting after playing the game for hundreds of hours. Grinding is boring and the most efficient methods take like a dozen hours for 20 million credits. Even winning races in GT Sport mode paid trash.

AlphaMale

I heard Spa will be a new added track with this update. That's AMAZING, if true!
It's only of my fave tracks in F1 and the actual race is coming up, so good timing!

scalman

1.43 update 27th august

So another 5 new cars and this time they are all classic and all affordable.amazing and first time we getting rain ohh yes RAiN!!! But just on one red bulk track for now
7L2hsxs.jpg

• Honda S2000 ’99
  • Nissan Silvia K’s Dia Selection (S13) ’90
  • Toyota Corolla Levin 1600GT APEX (AE86) ’83
  • Subaru Impreza Coupe WRX Type R STi Version VI ’99
  • Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo ’91

jCQnz7U.jpg

Those cars are just wow so oldschool GT cars its perfect

N58gSpw.jpg

hWezRzR.jpg

ZzvqV5E.jpg

BiCoYyq.jpg

VCQoYHD.jpg

Last edited:
All i want now is more original tracks from past games like trial mountain, seattle and grindlewald and we have a great game.

The game was pitched as an online racer due to its low content at launch, but now it is nearly the complete package.

All sony need is a sim/ arcade style racer on their console like driveclub or pgr. Maybe they can get sega to bring out metropolis street racer 2 on the ps5?

scalman

for me its cars and those like city sport cars for daily use as in this last update and i can drive them around one track for hours and hours as i did in earlier GT games.
cant wait to see how that rain is there.

xrnzaaas

I don't mind adding rain on a per track basis as long as they can keep the momentum with the updates. Getting rain in one new track per month would be great.

Dante83

Banned
I can't wait for the update. I have not played this game in a while, and I deleted it from my ps4. Looking forward to re-install it. I want a wet track with rain in GT game. Hopefully more tracks have this feature.

Tried the rain and it's a joke. No puddles feedback, water drops on the cars are invisible and not animated. The sound sucks. It's only more slippery.

thelastword

Banned
Nice, the game that keeps delivering......I got to say though, bought another PS3 recently and I've been playing a bit of GT5 and GT6 again, those games look so good still.....If PD remastered these games, (no need to resuscitate online, Sport covers that)…..Many SP fans would be elated just to dive in the offline package of these games...…….I was playing on a 4k screen that favors sharpness, games look amazing, cars amazing, foliage and weather, personally I prefer the foliage aesthetic in the old games to even GTS ...….A 4k 60fps remaster with AA would clean all the jaggies up and Forza 7 would look like a last gen game by comparison to GT5/6..

Wish we got that...

Birdo

Banned
Having rain only on one track is the most Polyphony Digital thing Polyphony Digital have ever done.

Almost topping only four cars having a damage model in GT5.

Dante83

Banned
I have played the track in rain, and it actually looks pretty damn good on my ps4 pro. I was using 1080p mode, and the replays at 60 fps with these rain effects just runs so smooth. I am loving it. I am not one of these graphics experts that could spot imperfections and stuff not being realistic, and the way I see it, I am liking it a lot. Now more tracks should have this feature. It instantly makes a track more interesting than usual.

The rain update is best with the cockpit view. I liked the sounds of the tires in the rain too..

Just cue up 'The Rain' by The Cult on Spotify as you drive and its perfect. Huge props to PD for all the updates and support GTS has received, I really don't think they've gotten enough credit for this game.

Last edited:

scalman

That rain in just amazing on red bull. Bought all 5 new cars as they have normal prices and drove on rain with them all , just amazing that rain is on track. Maybe not so much with puddles as f7 does but feels great on that impreza wrx

I had to download the big update and take a spin last night in the rain, it was glorious. I'm thinking Saturday when I have a bit more time, I'll be firing it up in VR to play with my wheel.

I was abit saddened today when I finally got around to connecting my steering wheel, my PSVR and realized the rain selection was not available in VR. Hopefully there is an update soon for it.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Iv'e only had a quick go since rain update but looking at the first part of the video i think the sky would look better if it was darker.
Or more cloud and lower.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Respect, I might have to put down BFV and put in a few hours on GTSport! The new cars look sooooo good.

scalman

now after some time the more i trying it the more i love it in rain. its like just little rain so no puddles but those reflections on that wet surface are just amazing and car handling very specificly depends from model and tires. Just tried M4 and it was much more fun on corners with it because of that torque. i think they show whats awaits in next gen GT game its just a tease and its great. And one track looks not a lot but if you try diff cars on there in different times a day with different tires you will play it for hrs and hrs.

i like all times but dawn most

and with new impreza i like how its fun go to corner then handbrake and slide through corner then find grip and just drive out of it ..i never liked handbrake on dry surfaces but now it can be so fun on wet. with less grippy tires even more like hard ones.

WRC 8 has some good looking wet tracks with rain in Wales rally stages if someone want look at some new rain

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
Wet stage looks amazing......Really like how PD does those rain beads on the windshield, looks so realistic and of course the SSR on the track is bananas...….

scalman

How it’s not matching Forza? The lighting in GT Sport runs circles around Forza’s, it just looks way more realistic.
who said itis not matching forza? yes its much better in most cases , maybe because its not like real dynamic lighting so it can use more tricks and looks amazing. Specially in photo mode it looks just like real. couple days ago i took couple pictures on cars from different angles and this looks like real car pictures almost real or even better then real. in most cases most cars looks like that.
but then there are other cars who dont have perfectly round shapes in cockpit , so it depends from car to car i guess. some car get more love in detailing then others.

Business

who said itis not matching forza? yes its much better in most cases , maybe because its not like real dynamic lighting so it can use more tricks and looks amazing. Specially in photo mode it looks just like real. couple days ago i took couple pictures on cars from different angles and this looks like real car pictures almost real or even better then real. in most cases most cars looks like that.
but then there are other cars who dont have perfectly round shapes in cockpit , so it depends from car to car i guess. some car get more love in detailing then others.

You said the rain doesn’t match Forza I said it looks much better because the light on GT Sport is on a whole different level. The rain looks better in GT because the light paints the whole scene in a much more realistic way.

scalman

rain sure i thought of lighting . F7 have puddles in those you can get aquaplaning with car if you not carefull. i think thats cool and no other racing game have that as i remember no PC2, or even rally games. its not that its better or something but its more cool something new . rain itself on windows looks better in GTS i think.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Forza rain looks better to me, too bright Gts and not many reflections and i notice the banding of what reflections their is, and there's some dropped frames when i put Pro in high res mode.

scalman

thats because rain is added to GTS just later and it was developed from beggining in forza 7 . but that doesnt mean we wont get next level rain in GTS later.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Just been having a blast (in heavy rain ) and the rain on the windscreen from interior view is definitely better on GTS.
The reflections though are somewhat a mixed bag, eg there will be something reflecting in a upcoming puddle and the car in front of me will pass over the same reflecting puddle and either won't be reflected or will be reflected but with no rear lights or sometimes will be reflected with rear lights. Maybe it's to keep frame rate up.
But overall i suppose it's better than a kick in the bollocks and looks nice but just need it on more tracks.

scalman

this must be amazing to feel and see all that in VR

imagine how VR will be in PS5 , and if GT7 wont be launch title then we can allways still play GTS on PS5 with all those enhanced possibilitys

Last edited:

benzy

Forza rain looks better to me, too bright Gts and not many reflections and i notice the banding of what reflections their is, and there's some dropped frames when i put Pro in high res mode.

I think the reflections are actually pretty accurate imo. Rarely will you get almost mirror-like reflections for the entire track IRL as seen in Forza even with heavy rain; the reflections seem kinda overdone in many games. A lot of spots can actually look almost dry on certain tracks like Red Bull Ring in heavy wet weather because of the open space and fields.

3HGEfUz.gif

4zJ6Rtu.gif

But yeah, hopefully we get it for Nurburgring and many other tracks. I like how the reflections aren't just a simple 1:1 inversion of the car but they actually fade out and elongate.

Last edited:

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
I think the reflections are actually pretty accurate imo. Rarely will you get almost mirror-like reflections for the entire track IRL as seen in Forza even with heavy rain; the reflections seem kinda overdone in many games. A lot of spots can actually look almost dry on certain tracks like Red Bull Ring in heavy wet weather because of the open space and fields.

3HGEfUz.gif

4zJ6Rtu.gif

But yeah, hopefully we get it for Nurburgring and many other tracks. I like how the reflections aren't just a simple 1:1 inversion of the car but they actually fade out and elongate.

As impressive as they are I never watch replays, i just go off gameplay.

Three

3HGEfUz.gif

4zJ6Rtu.gif

FYI: the second gif is GT Sport and not real life. I had to check a few things before I realised 😄

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
FYI: the second gif is GT Sport and not real life. I had to check a few things before I realised 😄
I know but i had to do a triple take myself, even when i knew it was film when came back to view you quoting me :)

scalman

ohh wow , this one coming in october and 2 more special porsches next year

EEL4mNFUUAENkcv

EEL4mMqUcAACX76

EEL4mMtUcAEYbWr

EEL4mMsUcAAzoL_

best thing about those kind of games for car maniacs is to get new cars that you could not ever buy or try in real life , try here , and looks at those details

ATO6p8T.png

nu9FmuS.png

4LxqOkr.gif

so soon we will have real silent battle..
nJA7G9x.jpg

Last edited:
I assume the additions of new tracks have taken a temporary backseat to converting existing tracks to weather-friendly variants. I'd love to be proven wrong but I feel that's the way it's going for the time being.

Top Bottom