• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo SPORT | OT | Putting it all on the line

Tomeru

^Really amazing

Anyway, those fastest lap times are insane anywhere. I can't get close to within 4 seconds to any of them. I guess I'll forever be a noob...

^Really amazing

Anyway, those fastest lap times are insane anywhere. I can't get close to within 4 seconds to any of them. I guess I'll forever be a noob...

DHC has a history of cheating, especially in DRIVECLUB ;-)

I still remember this race!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URGReOmHJLw

Or this with both our views

http://youtubedoubler.com/kd7N

I'll have to check out some of his times and see what I can do, not really dedicated much time to GT:S yet unfortunately.

psn

I did and while I enjoyed it and will probably purchase it, I like the feel of GT. My only problem right now is that I want a racing wheel but there's no universal wheel for Xbox one and PS4.

Buy a Gimx Adapter or do one for yourself:

https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=DIY_USB_adapter_for_dummies

I had an Arduino Leonardo at home, ordered the USB 2.0 to UART TTL 6PIN Module Serial Converter CP2102 for 7 bucks and was good to go.

Its cheap and works like a charm.

Angst

I'm out of here. Thanks to everyone in the GT Community for making my 13 years on GAF a blast.
Solidsnakesalute.jpg

^Really amazing

Have you put Supersoft tyres on? Makes a big difference, especially compared to the no-grips you get on the Veneno as standard.

DHC has a history of cheating, especially in DRIVECLUB ;-)

I still remember this race!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URGReOmHJLw

Or this with both our views

http://youtubedoubler.com/kd7N

I'll have to check out some of his times and see what I can do, not really dedicated much time to GT:S yet unfortunately.

That was a crazy race, makes Driveclub's slipstream boost look so strong. You can replicate that on the GT:S lobbies actually, had a few races last night with peeps of varying skill and had very tight races all the way to the line which was great fun and some light relief compared to sport mode.

Cool, thanks. Are you faster/slower in VR mode vs non-VR? Any difference in your track performance?

Ok just tried this tonight. Using the in car view on the TV I'm a lot slower than VR, however I could beat the VR times when using my usual bumper cam view. I was trying harder too tho, the VR laps I was just going for smooth and clean rather than getting the absolute most out of every bend... So I think it's easier to go fast very quickly in VR but there's no advantage overall to it.

bigred50

Ok just tried this tonight. Using the in car view on the TV I'm a lot slower than VR, however I could beat the VR times when using my usual bumper cam view. I was trying harder too tho, the VR laps I was just going for smooth and clean rather than getting the absolute most out of every bend... So I think it's easier to go fast very quickly in VR but there's no advantage overall to it.

Interesting! Thanks.

pswii60

Just got GT Sport through on rental to give it a try (via Boomerang).

First track I've tried is Colorado Springs Lake II in the evening using single player arcade mode and i haven't patched yet (still downloading). Playing on a Pro in HDR.

Is it just me or is the skybox absolutely fucking dreadful? It looks like a low bitrate JPG and I can see macroblocking. The draw distance in the rear view mirror is an absolute joke too.

I need to try more tracks but I'm not at all impressed with how this game looks based on my first impressions. Hopefully the patch will improve things.

Edit: OK just tried Dragon Trail and this track looks a ton better. The skybox is still a bit naff though with 2D clouds not matching the resolution of the rest of the game. And the draw distance is still awful in the rear view. But the cars look nice. And the hills.

So the N200 race atm is giving me fits. It’s the Mazda one. I can drive wats feels almost perfect and not get past mid pack at start. Then the leads seem so much faster to me

Any suggestions much appreciated

So the N200 race atm is giving me fits. It’s the Mazda one. I can drive wats feels almost perfect and not get past mid pack at start. Then the leads seem so much faster to me

you gotta set better qualifying times so you start high in the pack

gunther

Hi GAF!

is there a room of gaffer or a list with PSN usernames.

I really need to up the friend list for this game!

So good!

cooldawn

The Livery Editor is pretty bare bones isn't it. There's no blank canvas. There's no ability to group objects. There's no way to copy from one panel too another. Some of the controls are unintuitive i.e. rotate is far to quick.

Even though I've created a livery it's just no good really.

Where is the pics topic?
Is there a list of online ids, to request adds for times?
Any plans to run a forum challenge?

I'm wondering about IDs as well. Somehow I am the only person on my friends list playing this and I really wish I had people to check up on or compare times to.
I think the forum crash was bad timing for this thread. I'd like to be part of some race days and Time Trials challenges too.

MGR

The Livery Editor is pretty bare bones isn't it. There's no blank canvas. There's no ability to group objects. There's no way to copy from one panel too another. Some of the controls are unintuitive i.e. rotate is far to quick.

Yeah there is.

It'll be significantly better when we can import SVGs.

HercRaato

Just picked this up doing the tutorials. Looking for some friends to compare times with and race with once I get a better feel. Feel free to add me on psn same user name just put GAF in the title. Thanks.

One thing I just realized this morning is that this game has zero micro-transactions. None. Not that I am diametrically opposed to them, but it's still quite refreshing, especially since racing games seem to be overflowing with them these days. I had to look it up to be sure, I figured surely you could buy mileage points with real money, but nope.

Unknown?

I think the forum crash was bad timing for this thread. I'd like to be part of some race days and Time Trials challenges too.
What? It’s super in depth. Only thing needed is grouping layers but you can copy stuff to the opposite side of the car.

gunther

Just picked this up doing the tutorials. Looking for some friends to compare times with and race with once I get a better feel. Feel free to add me on psn same user name just put GAF in the title. Thanks.

I just added you.

My psn is GuntherbChile in case someone else want to add me.

cooldawn

Yeah there is.

It'll be significantly better when we can import SVGs.

What? It's super in depth. Only thing needed is grouping layers but you can copy stuff to the opposite side of the car.
Yeah...you can copy to another panel directly on the other side within constraints, but that's it. I'd like to copy from a bonnet to a roof or from a side to the rear etc... basically have a scratch pad to directly paste grouped objects together and place wherever I'd like them to be.

A blank slate would be nice for designing before applying to the car. A wealth of more shapes to use would be god too.

Anyhow, did my first online GR3 race. Pole and win. Now level A SR but still level E DR. I've won all but one of my races, all clean, all pole positions and a couple of fastest laps. When does DR change?

Sebmugi

1509117590-20171027165911.jpg

Unknown?

This game has given me the best racing experiences I’ve ever had! It’s sublime running a race where only one person has a small penalty and hanging with another player. You don’t get the thrill of putting pressure on someone and have them ultimately mess up because they’re stressed with AI.

I have never been an online player much either(barring Tribes and Warhawk) and absolutely abhorred GT5/6 online.

Makki

^Really amazing

Controller or wheel? I have raced on both and it is ridiculous how much easier it is to drive with a wheel at traction loss points since you can reduce to nothing the snap oversteer conditions of some cars. I am deathly afraid of rumble strips on corners where you have to gas through on the controller, but with the wheel i can be super rough and catch a slide immediately befor the tail even swings

I would also like to join the GT community, feel free to add PickleAhoy if you want to your friends list.

Woodchipper

Did my first online race today, and man is it scary to lap slow cars or what? Get out of the f****** way for f*** sake! I didn’t notice, but are there no blue flags in this game? Didn’t seem like it, that’s for sure.

Did my first online race today, and man is it scary to lap slow cars or what? Get out of the f****** way for f*** sake! I didn’t notice, but are there no blue flags in this game? Didn’t seem like it, that’s for sure.
I did not realize for two online races that your TCS and brake balance settings are not inherited from qualifying. It gets reset. Screwed me up good.

watdaeff4

Controller or wheel? I have raced on both and it is ridiculous how much easier it is to drive with a wheel at traction loss points since you can reduce to nothing the snap oversteer conditions of some cars. I am deathly afraid of rumble strips on corners where you have to gas through on the controller, but with the wheel i can be super rough and catch a slide immediately befor the tail even swings

I would also like to join the GT community, feel free to add PickleAhoy if you want to your friends list.

What wheel are you using?

btw add me if you want PSN is same as GAF name

I did not realize for two online races that your TCS and brake balance settings are not inherited from qualifying. It gets reset. Screwed me up good.
This could be the info that gets me my first win... Ive had a few poles in qualifying and then not had the pace in the race this is the reason why!

AorUlfheoinn

Neo Member

I was having the same issue until I realized that my car was having all the upgrades. There are three upgrades for two categories.

Since the upgrade cannot be removed I sold the car and purchased another one, same model.

In the next race in Sport mode I was able to fight in the first places.

I don't know how the upgrade works but clearly affect your car during Sport mode. Strange, but with the upgrades I was a lot slower than everyone else on the track.

If anyone wants a challenge do the circuit challenges but don't go for gold - try to beat Each video time. They are usually much faster than gold
Shame there is no platinums.

Also don't sign up with a manufacturer and borrow a car then find out it's not competitive. You can't unsign. I have to race the Megane now and the top 10 practice times are Ferrari 458 and gtr at Suzuka. I have a feeling it isn't going to work out.

Woodchipper

You can buy the corvette Gr.3 Road car with your Miles in the miles exchange, I think they will rotate them.
Alright, I hope they will.

Edit: On a side note I have to say that I absolutely love this game. The server issues were irritating but things are smoother now it seems.

It’s incredible how a racing sim can feel so good with a controller. I didn’t think that was possible. What also amazes me is the sound. It went straight from worst in the business to perhaps the best in the business, in my opinion anyway. It also looks the part, of course. The lighting is out of this world!

I’m loving the livery editor as well, but it’s not perfect. It bugs me that you can’t choose metallic or chrome finish on decals for example, and I don’t know why there are so few wheels to buy.

Top Bottom