• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Previews

A lot of the time the only edits I make are to do with colour correction, footage is also slowed down to 24fps. The main reason they look so good is it takes time, sometimes even hours to capture the perfect footage. Getting the best looking lighting, smooth camera angles, best looking action of the character or car etc. It's all about capturing the highest point in the games I play. And it's all been worth it as apart from the compliments I'm currently in Amsterdam this month and have been since last week working with Guerrilla on a project because of the gifs I posted :D
Awesome man! Congrats!

A lot of the time the only edits I make are to do with colour correction, footage is also slowed down to 24fps. The main reason they look so good is it takes time, sometimes even hours to capture the perfect footage. Getting the best looking lighting, smooth camera angles, best looking action of the character or car etc. It's all about capturing the highest point in the games I play. And it's all been worth it as apart from the compliments I'm currently in Amsterdam this month and have been since last week working with Guerrilla on a project because of the gifs I posted :D
Hope you're having a grand time!

Damn congrats man

bitbydeath

Awesome work Sunhi, we all love your GIFS.

ethomaz

Banned
There is nothing wrong with your gifs... they are appreciated here.

Thank you for all the time spent to create these awesome gifs.

Soar

I'm a very casual car racing player, the last great experience was NFS Porsche way back when but am very interested in this. Love the graphics but holding back because it seems a bit more involved that I'd like with the focus on online play. I'd probably spend more time watching replays with commentaries to be honest haha.

Inviusx

I'm a very casual car racing player, the last great experience was NFS Porsche way back when but am very interested in this. Love the graphics but holding back because it seems a bit more involved that I'd like with the focus on online play. I'd probably spend more time watching replays with commentaries to be honest haha.

It does seem to be leaning more towards the hardcore online crowd than ever before. That being said if there is an open lobby system (like GT6) there is a lot of fun to be had racing against people of the same skill level.

If you didn't have aspirations to eventually race online this might not be the GT for you as the offline content seems pretty lackluster at this stage.

Few more...

m4rk1Og.gif

9cQctIy.gif

i0kLP4R.gif

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Sunhi working with guerrilla games. I called it!

Well i hoped for it. Great job Sunhi. You deserve it.

Leunam

Hell yeah man, good for you.

onQ123

Congratulations & your gifs are amazing

Niks

Congrats dude. Hope you dont forget about GT tho!

Speaking of weather:

GT5 Weather Effects Trailer

one of my favs, the moment at the 34 second mark combined with the leadup to it is probably the most hype I've ever gotten from a GT trailer.

Missing the classic GT trailers, the ones they've released for this haven't really done anything for me, that E3 trailer's music selection sounded like something out of a 90s family movie.

Really far off from trailers like this: GT6 Start Your Engines

The day that trailer dropped at TGS, we blew our collective lids. After 7 years, that makes it even more impressive. I still stand by my opinion that Gran Turismo 5 was an engineering marvel.

I enjoyed the music reveal trailer for GT Sport, but it will be difficult to top GT5's E3, Red Bull, 458 Italia and Night Racing trailers.

Personally Im fond of the "Night" trailer. But man, looking at those trailers, you can now see how big of a leap GTS is.

Who'd be down for a GAF GT3 Class League?

Count me in. Although Im sure Ill find myself racing more in the GT4 and N classes.

IISANDERII

I am asking this out of curiosity as I have never played the Forza series and just played old PS2 era GT few times. I know GT has been the king of racers on consoles but lately it has been getting backlash especially the newer ones from PS3 era. And now I hear a lot of criticism about GTS. But on the other hand Forza series has been getting amazing reviews every time. So what is Forza doing right that GT series is not doing right any more? To me graphically GT is still the king even compared to XBX version. Is it the content? physics? overall game experience? I am curious about this as a gamer and not a racing game fan.
And as a gamer, you honestly have faith in game reviews?

Not that the people in the Forza 7 thread are super happy about microtransactions,visuals, AI or driving. But I guess the visual car customization options are still powerful which often the main focus of reviews.

GHG

Gold Member

Well done man. Keep doing your thing, ignore the haters who don't appreciate your work.

oh you lucky bastard.

Putty

Class mate.

bombshell

Wow, first a paid trip to visit Guerrilla and now you're actually working with them? Very well deserved!

Are you possibly helping them making a The Frozen Wilds trailer for Paris Games Week? I know you can't answer it, but that's my guess anyway :)

bombshell

It does seem to be leaning more towards the hardcore online crowd than ever before. That being said if there is an open lobby system (like GT6) there is a lot of fun to be had racing against people of the same skill level.

If you didn't have aspirations to eventually race online this might not be the GT for you as the offline content seems pretty lackluster at this stage.

There is a normal lobby based online mode in addition to the Sport mode that was tested in the closed beta.

c0de

Congratulations, your gifs are really something else.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Wow, first a paid trip to visit Guerrilla and now you're actually working with them? Very well deserved!

Are you possibly helping them making a The Frozen Wilds trailer for Paris Games Week? I know you can't answer it, but that's my guess anyway :)

as much as that would be cool for him, I'd much prefer Sunhi's input into making a better photo mode - eg camera tracking for animated gif output. That could then be used across more of Sony's games too.

Congrats, looking forward to hearing or seeing whatever it is. :)

onanie

Congrats!!

JamboGT

From GTP and Tesco:

https://www.tesco.com/direct/gt-sport-day-one-exclusive-edition-on-ps4/461-8376.prd?skuId=461-8376

Key part is:

GT Sport one day edition Open BETA9th October - Open Beta Live12th October - Open Beta Closes.

Open beta with no UK limit for entrants.
Available to all PS4 owners, and will not require a PS+ membership.
Modes available
Arcade
1. 3 Tracks (Northern Isle, Dragon Trail, Colorado) Sport Mode
2. Daily Races Only
3. Campaign Mode
4. School - 8 Events
5. Missions - Stage 1 and 6
6. Circuit Experience - 3 Tracks
7. Race Etiquette - Not included

Unlocks
Daily Workout One vehicle unlock for every 26 miles driven per day.
1. 4 Day demo, 4 vehicles Campaign Mode
2. Missions Stage 1 completion - Group 4 vehicle
3. Missions Stage 6 completion - Group 6 vehicle

Elements transferrable to full game (Details to be confirmed)
1. Cars
2. Currency + Experience Points
3. Driver Profile including Sportsmanship + Driver Rating

JamboGT

It's weird, any mention of it on the PS Blog was removed and this is the only other information we have. I wonder if maybe Tesco have old info.

magawolaz

Well done Sunhi! Didn't even know you had twitter, you got yourself a new follower.

also welcome back Psycho_Mantis!

And noice about that open beta. Let's kill those servers lol

Baleoce

Grats sunhi that's awesome. Hope you're having a good time with it.

Ravage

Already have the game preordered but I'm still hyped for the open beta. It's been a while since I've played a serious driving sim, hope I'll enjoy it as much as i did with GT5.

18,4 MILLION credits for a GT-S? I really hope that x100 conversion is an accident or that this is just a thing in the JP version with how the prices would look like in ¥. Otherwise the 2M starting credits for the Digital Deluxe Edition seem....like a joke.

yes, its yen

cooldawn

The day that trailer dropped at TGS, we blew our collective lids. After 7 years, that makes it even more impressive. I still stand by my opinion that Gran Turismo 5 was an engineering marvel.
Gran Turismo 5 is still a generational benchmark title. Even though the lighting in Gran Turismo Sport is of a new generation the complexity and sheer variety of conditions in Gran Turismo 5, on that hardware, shows how technically advanced it really was. Even to this day, it seems.

Amazing work fella. Well done. Wow us with that DLC footage now please : )

Few more...

GranTurismoSport_4.gif

GranTurismoSport_5.gif

GranTurismoSport_6.gif
I can't think of another racing game that looks so natural. The way cars react and they look planted, rather than virtually there.

Who'd be down for a GAF GT3 Class League?
Yes please. Count me in.

Top Bottom