• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Previews

bud

But then GT5 completely fell apart when you played it on your TV

while it was an uneven looking game, its highs were sensational.

driving on the nurburgring with the sun setting is one of my favorite gaming experiences ever.

also, less than two weeks until release and still no sign of rain. i'm thinking it's not in (anymore).

Three more for new page.

vQbpnJ1.gif

8zI7GmM.gif

rsCI5yK.gif

valkyre

Game looks pretty but that game design feels 20 years old already...

Drivers licence, challenges... I mean seriously these guys dont know what the hell to do with single player by now. The formula seems almost literally the same since 1995...

JamboGT

Haha, this is the first time I have seen someone complain about the single player in GT Sport being the same! (Licenses and Challenges are the best single player content)

Gestault

Drivers licence, challenges... I mean seriously these guys dont know what the hell to do with single player by now. The formula seems almost literally the same since 1995...

To be fair, as part of a larger career mode, license tests and event challenges can be great. It's a very organic way to work in real skill-measuring content. It's no replacement for well curated race scenarios, but it's also different from that if it's worked in together. We'll see how the package feels, but people are obviously reacting to the cut-down career.

MaDKaT

The license and challenges are just there as an excuse to say it has a offline campaign. The core games focus is the online mode. What little they have shown of the single player looks to be missions/challenges similar to those found in the Prologue games, just more of them.

magawolaz

Yeah, I normally use gfycat but had problems last night uploading to it. Does GIPHY degrade quality at all?
Ah no problem. I believe they all degrade quality to a degree but it's minimal, and the trade-off in loading time/data used is worth it (and one can always view the gif by editing the URL).

EDIT: so livery editor image importing feature confirmed? https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt-sport-livery-editor-thread.346334/page-25#post-11968489
I'm guessing it relies on the camera? dick pics everywhere

ty_hot

I wish GT had the challenges as DriveClub does. In GT I am constantly finishing the first lap already few seconds ahead and know that I will win, then drive for 2 more laps just waiting for the finish line. Having those challenges mid race really kept my interest in the game.

A mix of the usual GT driver license, some races with challenges, and some 'parts' of races with a specific goal (start a race in the last lap and overtake x cars, or anything like that) would be great. A few challenges that can't be restarted (a one time thing) would also be great and could give some nice rewards.

Anyway, I am getting GT Sport and once I am done with the singleplayer, probably going back to PS+ to take it online if it really is balanced.

Niks

Wonder how big is the file size for the demo, and if we will have to redownload the full game once it drops on the 17.

l2ounD

the Livery Editor allows you to add your own personal touch of customization through numerous logo designs. You can also change the color of the car, wheels, mirrors, hood, spoiler, and much more.

the horrors that awaits.

Servbot24

Banned
Gran Turismo hasn't changed much over the years =/
Although this is obviously a bonkers comment, it's kind of funny considering the displeasure fans have had with the huge changes in the next game and the requests for things to go back to how they were.

Putty

Well, just 2 weeks out and i think its fair to say weather/rain hasn't made it. I also think that additional single player content/dlc is ready to go, and just like DC the weather will have its own thing and of course be integrated into the arcade mode option etc etc...

Well, just 2 weeks out and i think its fair to say weather/rain hasn't made it. I also think that additional single player content/dlc is ready to go, and just like DC the weather will have its own thing and of course be integrated into the arcade mode option etc etc...
We already knew there's no dynamic weather. But people have played with rain in previous demos. I don't see why they would have taken it out.

Phreak47

This might be idiotic optimism, but I think GT makes a strong comeback with this one. I think they've finally heard "meh" enough times.

jayu26

This might be idiotic optimism, but I think GT makes a strong comeback with this one. I think they've finally heard "meh" enough times.

I was hoping for the same, but plenty of people are vexed with it so I don't think this will be the come back we hoped. Although it will probably be profitable for Sony due to PlayStation's popularity in Europe.

As for me, add me to the Gaf league or whatever we are doing.

Who'd be down for a GAF GT3 Class League?
Me.

MaDKaT

It will certainly be interesting to see how this game fares. Especially in a world that already has some pretty strong online focused racing game. But Im sure it will do well enough just on the GT name alone. It will just be interesting to see if this game has legs.

Not going to lie though. As I have been very vocal about what seems to be a singular focus for online I sort of hope it isn't a break out success. Simply because I would like to see car building and a fleshed out career come back. Maybe the demo will help to clear some things up for me.

It will certainly be interesting to see how this game fares. Especially in a world that already has some pretty strong online focused racing game. But Im sure it will do well enough just on the GT name alone. It will just be interesting to see if this game has legs.

Will be curious to see if the Forza 7 blowback (microtransactions, bugs, VIP, etc.) affects GTS in any meaningful way. I doubt it, but how often do you have this situation, where the "direct competitor" comes out mere weeks later?

MaDKaT

Will be curious to see if the Forza 7 blowback (microtransactions, bugs, VIP, etc.) affects GTS in any meaningful way. I doubt it, but how often do you have this situation, where the "direct competitor" comes out mere weeks later?

I doubt Forza will have too much of an affect on GT, negative or positive. What I think will affect GT will be the heavy focus to online and the shock that will come to some of the of players(millions?) from the past games that haven't been keeping up with the drastic change in direction.

I doubt Forza will have too much of an affect on GT, negative or positive. What I think will affect GT will be the heavy focus to online and the shock that will come to some of the of players(millions?) from the past games that haven't been keeping up with the drastic change in direction.

Absolutely agree with the last bit. Was talking with my D2 clan about GTS and one asked if it'll have a ton of cars like GT's typically do. Got a feeling my answer has resulted in a no-sale, but...they are gonna try the demo.

MaDKaT

Absolutely agree with the last bit. Was talking with my D2 clan about GTS and one asked if it'll have a ton of cars like GT's typically do. Got a feeling my answer has resulted in a no-sale, but...they are gonna try the demo.

I have had similar conversations with a few of my more casual racing friends. They were highly disappointed. Even still they will check out the demo.

Hwoar

We already knew there's no dynamic weather. But people have played with rain in previous demos. I don't see why they would have taken it out.

Are you sure? I don't think this is true, but even if it is then a reason to take it out can be that it isn't up to par.

Personally I think it won't be in, but I hope it will be added later.

Are you sure? I don't think this is true, but even if it is then a reason to take it out can be that it isn't up to par.

Personally I think it won't be in, but I hope it will be added later.

I could have sworn that one of the previews mentioned that Sony/PD/game officials told the previewer that the final build had rain?

BigEmil

I noticed the lighting on the car is very complex on GTSport compared to like Forza 7, Forza car lighting looks like toy plastic in comparison very basic, I think it's likely because the complex lighting on the exterior of the car is very demanding real time that's why Forza with basic lighting to keep a more stable 60fps

I noticed the lighting on the car is very complex on GTSport compared to like Forza 7, Forza car lighting looks like toy plastic in comparison very basic, I think it's likely because the complex lighting on the exterior of the car is very demanding real time that's why Forza with basic lighting to keep a more stable 60fps

Forza 7's lighting (or lack thereof) might be the most disappointing aspect of it, graphically-speaking.

Hwoar

I could have sworn that one of the previews mentioned that Sony/PD/game officials told the previewer that the final build had rain?

Maybe, but even if that was their intention / plan at some point I really think they would have shown it by now if it was in.

Top Bottom