• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Previews

Beautiful. Can you upload them to Gfycat, GIPHY or Imgur though?
So us with slow connections can load the gifv/mp4 version with NeoGFY.

Ok, I've re-uploaded to imgur and replaced them, should be better for you now.

Here's a new set of three... Demo pre-load on my BD, can't wait.

JkyOwTR.gif

hdeotts.gif

mhDHMR3.gif

MaDKaT

Forza 7's lighting (or lack thereof) might be the most disappointing aspect of it, graphically-speaking.

Yeah, it certainly isn't great. PD, even since the PS2 games have had a really good eye for lighting which IMO has been a step above the Forza series.

BigEmil

Forza 7's lighting (or lack thereof) might be the most disappointing aspect of it, graphically-speaking.
Yeah real time complex lighting on racing is demanding I'd say which is enabled on GT Sport but more demanding lighting makes it harder to achieve a more near stable 60fps

Chris, you're not fooling me with these real life gifs.

Hah, cheers :) only got three more, will post in a moment and I'll see if I can find some more shots to use as GIF material from Willow... I had to go away during beta so only unlocked a couple of cars and don't have much replay footage. :(

bombshell

Hah, cheers :) only got three more, will post in a moment and I'll see if I can find some more shots to use as GIF material from Willow... I had to go away during beta so only unlocked a couple of cars and don't have much replay footage. :(

Keep the gifs coming, what program are you using?

Keep the gifs coming, what program are you using?

Just photoshop CS6 atm. I've used imageready when it was CS2 and also premiere/after effects in the past, but CS6 photoshop is the most straightforward. Just open the video file as a timeline rather than layers. I can cut and edit around then. But, as I said previously, I haven't shown any Gif's yet where I do any fancy edits like colour/exposure balancing/framerate correction or slowdowns. Photoshop I can do that of course using transform tool if I wish. I'm just showing stuff as is right now, minus what a GIF does to IQ on resize, can't avoid that unless i work in premiere and export some vids. Photography and art is a hobby really, my main work is in sound engineering.

Audioboxer

No one can touch PD for lighting, they've always been in another league there. Even Driveclub at 30FPS with that extra power for graphics can't beat PD's lighting.

PD is going to let themselves down graphically if they launch this without weather though. 4 years of development time is already making a lot of the other cutbacks unacceptable, weather being the latest victim would be pretty poor. Dynamic weather is already gone. We're not getting snow but we should really have rain.

Yeah, it certainly isn't great. PD, even since the PS2 games have had a really good eye for lighting which IMO has been a step above the Forza series.

I think lighting really makes/breaks these types of games. I was a bit disheartened to see some FM7 images/video side by side; lighting made it look flat in spots, and that's something I simply did not expect given its position as the 1P One X showcase.

Yeah real time complex lighting on racing is demanding I'd say which is enabled on GT Sport but more demanding lighting makes it harder to achieve a more near stable 60fps

How have the beta builds handled it? Any big drops, or are we talking 1-2 frames here and there?

How have the beta builds handled it? Any big drops, or are we talking 1-2 frames here and there?

I found the beta pretty damn stable tbh, nothing I really noticed/stood out in terms of drops. I am on Pro, not sure if that makes a substantial difference though or how good your connection is.

Last three for while.

Xkp7NcH.gif

j8aBdeH.gif

TaSzdZV.gif

eso76

while it was an uneven looking game, its highs were sensational.

also, less than two weeks until release and still no sign of rain. i'm thinking it's not in (anymore).

Oh I don't disagree, it looked absolutely stunning, although at times you could tell they were asking too much from a PS3.
I was replying to a comment saying the difference between GT5 and GTS isn't huge in a few selected GIFs, but while the impact of GT5 was often lessened by performance and IQ issues when seen in person, I'm sure GTS will hold up much much much better upon closer inspection while running on your own TV.

Also, yeah, no way rain is going to be there at launch. Not happening.
Maybe it will get patched in soon.

I found the beta pretty damn stable tbh, nothing I really noticed/stood out in terms of drops. I am on Pro, not sure if that makes a substantial difference though or how good your connection is.

Last three for while.

Xkp7NcH.gif

j8aBdeH.gif

TaSzdZV.gif

Appreciate the feedback; I'm on a Pro and hardwired in, so this is great news.

Good thing is the demo is coming so we'll be able to see something closer to the final result on stability/performance.

Agreed. Any inordinate fan noise or anything like that in your experience? I only notice the fan when stuff is suspended (infamously--the HZD map), so I hope that maintains here.

Agreed. Any inordinate fan noise or anything like that in your experience? I only notice the fan when stuff is suspended (infamously--the HZD map), so I hope that maintains here.

Hmmm, I didn't look out for that actually sorry. I think my Pro is pretty quiet on the whole, but ramps up on random occasion, usually loading something intensive, it randomly does in Netflix startup the most.

Hmmm, I didn't look out for that actually sorry. I think my Pro is pretty quiet on the whole, but ramps up on random occasion, usually loading something intensive, it randomly does in Netflix startup the most.

Yeah, same with mine. I think that's fairly normal tbh (and a marked improvement over my launch PS4).

Oh well, I guess we'll see in a week or so!

Wonder what this is? Early release or somehow demo access/journalist? either way stream quality is awful

EDIT: it's old footage nm, race result standings page said June.

Agree. I'm having a blast playing Forza, but when it comes to lighting, realistic colors and car models, PD is untouchable. Wouldn't wanna miss either of them though. I'm glad I can play both of them.

Agree. I'm having a blast playing Forza, but when it comes to lighting, realistic colors and car models, PD is untouchable. Wouldn't wanna miss either of them though. I'm glad I can play both of them.

I had it preordered but canceled due to the loot box mess. I plan on picking it up when the X comes, provided I'm not completely ingratiated with GTS.

Is 7 a must buy for you?

riverfr0zen

Neo Member
As for me, add me to the Gaf league or whatever we are doing.
Me.

The latest PS4 update introduces 'Teams' and 'Tournaments' functionality (you can create teams and then participate as a team in offered tournaments for prizes). Seems like a natural fit.

A public demo is great news.

Hopefully it provides a real sense of what to expect from arcade mode. If I end up picking this up I'd expect to spend just about all of my time there.

Mobius 1

I was hoping for the same, but plenty of people are vexed with it so I don't think this will be the come back we hoped. Although it will probably be profitable for Sony due to PlayStation's popularity in Europe.

As for me, add me to the Gaf league or whatever we are doing.

Me.

Look for a PS4 community called Gran Turismo Association

A_Dang

This demo seems like a really solid idea. I've been firmly in the "pass" camp for a while, but I'll definitely give the demo a chance and see if I can be swayed into a game sale.

I'll be honest, I'm a little excited too, I love GT and want it to succeed.

Edit: With this post I became an official Member of NeoGAF. While I don't post as often as I'd like, I do lurk almost constantly, and had been for years before actually getting my account. This community has helped me become more sensitive, aware and empathetic to the lives and struggles of people outside of my little bubble and for that I am grateful. Thanks!

eso76

Its replay footage like this

aasdap.gif

That looks like VR mode.

That's from the commercial (not the gif i quoted, the gif people said wasn't ingame) and as with every GT trailer ever it's basically a sequence of frames rendered in photomode.
Replays are not quite there with IQ and quality of the motion blur and stuff but they're close enough
In fact I just saw a replay (same car, same track) of 'another game' and the difference is night and day..

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
That's from the commercial (not the gif i quoted, the gif people said wasn't ingame) and as with every GT trailer ever it's basically a sequence of frames rendered in photomode.
Replays are not quite there with IQ and quality of the motion blur and stuff but they're close enough
In fact I just saw a replay (same car, same track) of 'another game' and the difference is night and day..

Commercial?? This is all in game???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93Ajl-jpyL8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5pK1n5v-Io

Angst

This is such bullshit. I don't know about the TV spot, but saying that all gt trailers are photomode sequence of frames is utter bullshit. Frankly you come across has having an agenda and I don't understand why you even post in this thread.

Soar

This is such bullshit. I don't know about the TV spot, but saying that all gt trailers are photomode sequence of frames is utter bullshit. Frankly you come across has having an agenda and I don't understand why you even post in this thread.

Yeah need some receipts. Guess we'll know when the demo hits though :).

Top Bottom