• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Previews

dr guildo

36802715924_c753fe58d9_o.png

vio

About Scapes. 3D environment is created and photo (texture) are put on them with camera mapping. HDRI environment photo is taken at same place and used for lighting the cars. Manually placed lights are added for shadows.

Thats what i think at least.

edit: already explained. Sorry.

Audioboxer

I have no idea whatsoever why Sony didn't get Bluepoint Games to remaster GT6 for PS4.

The game probably would have sold another 5m on PS4 if they had.

Or they could have used the 4 years to deliver a proper GT7 :p

A little bit frustrating seeing the PS3 dynamic weather/track editor and all the other goodies GTS should have.

But we've got insane graphics! That's always the case though...

If we have problems telling, then imagine how it is for the average PS4 gamer. If someone buys the game expecting the best looking Le Mans ever, he must feel royally screwed by the Gran Turismo team. They should have a "scapes mode" watermark in the corner of every one of those screenshots.

plidex

I think I'm going to skip this one.

I bought Forza 7 on PC (first Forza Motorsports game I played), the handling is surprisingly bad compared to GT and PC sims, but the car roster is amazing.

Gt Sport's car selection is mediocre even compared to previous GT games. I'm glad they dropped the "standard" cars, but what made me fall in love with GT2 was the amazing breadth of car choice.

Momentary

Banned
I'm more of a fan of quality and racing and dropping the car count significantly to work on building car models and physics from the ground up for this iteration really makes me want to cave and buy a console this generation. I'm glad that GT Sport is actually going this direction.

If the game's engine is scalable then this iteration could be carried over to newer hardware without having to slap a number next to it. GT Sport could be a great platform to just start releasing tracks and car packs throughout the years rather than waiting for another release entirely.

Top Bottom