• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport - Review Thread

GT and Forza for that matter are no sims, as far as tyres, suspension and drivetrains for the cars they feature. Sim lite is more accurate

c0de

You keep pressing the Amazon point as if it's more meaningful than it actually is. We have already established that there is a sizable group of fans who wanted a more tradition Gran Turismo game. Many of these fans are vocal and have expressed the their disappointment via Metacritic user score and elsewhere (putting aside the large number of baloney scores submitted by warring factions). We get it. But you also need to come to terms with the fact that what GT Sport does different from past games, specifically on the competitive racing side, it does very well. Did it ever occur to you that the people who are most enjoying GT Sport are busy playing it; not wrapped up in some drama somewhere on the internet. It seems that you want to point to the average Metacritic score as some kind of support for your argument, or when defending against its reception on the high street, without ever seriously digesting what the critics have said or why they felt it should be detracted several points.

It could definitely be that many people are just playing it and yes, usually people moan than praise.
And I never doubted that racing is good in GTS, I played the demo and thought it felt good.
Either way, we will see how successful it will be in the end anyway. Everybody right now is trying to make educated guesses, enriched with a personal opinion. This goes to everyone, including me.

bosh

It could definitely be that many people are just playing it and yes, usually people moan than praise.
And I never doubted that racing is good in GTS, I played the demo and thought it felt good.
Either way, we will see how successful it will be in the end anyway. Everybody right now is trying to make educated guesses, enriched with a personal opinion. This goes to everyone, including me.

The biggest success I think this title has in my eyes is it make me want to play online. Previous racing games the online was full of people ramming into you on every corner and I found playing against AI offline was the way to go. With the systems implemented, GT Sport online players are much cleaner (while aggressive) than the AI and makes me want to play online. For someone who didn't enjoy racing online they made me a full believer and I come back everyday

c0de

The biggest success I think this title has in my eyes is it make me want to play online. Previous racing games the online was full of people ramming into you on every corner and I found playing against AI offline was the way to go. With the systems implemented, GT Sport online players are much cleaner (while aggressive) than the AI and makes me want to play online. For someone who didn't enjoy racing online they made me a full believer and I come back everyday

Oh yes, that's exactly what they were trying to do with that game. I only doubt this will attract as much customers as its predecessors due to the focus of the game.

bosh

Oh yes, that's exactly what they were trying to do with that game. I only doubt this will attract as much customers as its predecessors due to the focus of the game.

If they go back to a numbered GT game and bring the online from this one it will be in a league of it's own.

I her why people are disappointed with this entry, it's drastically different from previous numbered titles for SP content and setup. Overall though it's been a positive experience for me

Rayderism

Probably an unpopular opinion, but to me, after 40+ years of gaming, it's just another sim racer. The only thing that ever really changes with them is the graphics get better.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I played the demo and it was pretty good HDR and the graphics look quite beautiful.

But i got forza 7 free with my xbox and being a very casual racing fan forza 7 will be more then enough for me.

Top Bottom