• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport sold 8 million copies (PS4)

Mattyp

Gold Member
So Third Point and Yoshida are a bounch of idiots, the only accurate source are you and the other GT haters of this forum... OK
tom.png

Third point can’t even get yearly results of Xbox and Nintendo right in their report, widely available company information. So yes the cunts are trash.

This argument will be a good laugh once Sport posts the next ‘players’ number on Twitter.

ethomaz

Banned
Actually the numbers come from Sony in a investor presentation.

You can see here the pics are different slides and the first one is actually from Sony themselves.

VGC is only involved in the right side of the pic that is not the actual Sony presentation... if you took a bit of time you will see that even the layout, font, colors are different from Sony's presentations.

So these 8 million are GTS shipments.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
Actually the numbers come from Sony in a investor presentation.

You can see here the pics are different slides and the first one is actually from Sony themselves.

VGC is only involved in the right side of the pic that is not the actual Sony presentation... if you took a bit of time you will see that even the layout, font, colors are different from Sony's presentations.

So these 8 million are GTS shipments.

No they're not, show me the Sony presentation with those slides in it. Because I actually found the Sony investor presentation where they talked about games numbers a month ago which is actually on their servers. GTS isn't mentioned.

Last edited:

Gingen

Banned
You gonna respond to the posts refuting your claims or just continue to troll?

Polyphony Digital 2018 profit 125 times higher than 2017

:messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

That's probably because they didn't have a game then, it's pretty easy to increase your REVENUE (that's not profit) by a factor of 125x when you haven't had a game since 2012 and you've been continually losing revenue due to development cost.

No they're not, show me the Sony presentation with those slides in it. Because I actually found the Sony investor presentation where they talked about games numbers a month ago which is actually on their servers. GTS isn't mentioned.
This is what Sony showed in their slides, the slide in this thread and that other is from that third party estimation.

iblk_god-of-war-sales-chart.png

CJY

Banned
Screw those sales. Sony are so anti-consumer with those kind of sales. Sony should be making a PS Gamepass and put this game and all their 1st party games on the service day-1 like Microsoft is doing. Gamepass is really great value. Value.

Valueeeeeeeeeee!!!

/s

Barakov

Gold Member
What's the current state of this game? I heard about the always online requirement and that made me pass on it.

thelastword

Banned
The key to a good racing game game are a great driving model, authentic visuals and attention to detail with the hardware you have or the technology that exists at the time.... GTS has great car models, superb lighting and effects...... And of course replays fool many that it's real, even gameplay.... It's the only racer that nails that level of authenticity, good sound, slick menus, great driving physics and a heavy leaning to motorsports....

Online is great, there's a system in place to transition you from learning the ropes to going online to even racing on a circuit, where else are you getting this on console. GT has transitioned from just a game to a platform and community, it's launched as an e-sport with high production values.

Even guys like Super GT and other content creators has Youtube content where you are supremely entertained by his races online, the racing system and etiquette works, you actually feel like you're watching a real race being commented on....And the visuals commend the feel of a real race.....

There's a reason so many love this game, and it's the biggest racer online....Kaz did something great for GT but some never saw his vision for it, to transform and transition the series even more so for next gen... Reviewers marked it down for content, but when people played, they realized how great it really is, and acknowledged what Kaz was going for......

I actually laughed. In other news, someone earned more money in 2018 when they had a job compared to 2017 when they were jobless for most of the year, who whudda guessed?.

Even guys like Super GT and other content creators has Youtube content where you are supremely entertained by his races online, the racing system and etiquette works...

I'd say you're far more likely to find divebombers, blockers and less respectful drivers in GT than the likes of iRacing and Assetto Corsa.

There's a reason so many love this game, and it's the biggest racer online

Because it is built for the mass casual market who play with controllers, not people who take sim racing very seriously and that's a far more niche audience/customer base.

Three

I do believe that the sim aspect in iracing is on a completely different level.

However I really love GT Sport.

Here’s a post I once wrote on a different forum:

I have been pretty vocal in the past when it comes to criticizing PD and GT.

I considered GT3 A-Spec to be the last great GT.
Meanwhile I thought Forza had not only caught up, but also surpassed GT in basically every way.

That was until I bought GT Sport last week.

I stumbled upon a YouTube channel from a very nice guy who comments on replays of his own online races.
What I noticed was how fair everybody in his videos was driving.

Had to try it for myself.

The Sport mode in GT Sport is the best online racing experience I have ever had.

But also:

-the presentation is ridiculous
-the cars look insane
-the tracks are great
-the music is wonderfully weird
-scrapes mode is fantastic
-the amount of SP content is bananas
-the community makes amazing liveries
-OMG the replays
-the cars do not sound like roombas anymore
-game does an amazing job at teaching beginners how to get better

And most importantly:

Racing sims are very sterile these days, but not GT.
This game has HEART and SOUL.

I truly love this game.

Things you have heard about GT Sport might have been true in the past, but the game I picked up last week (with the many updates it has received) is an amazing package everybody should check out.

EDIT:

One thing that I forgot to mention is that I really enjoy the feeling of ownership you have over your cars in GT.

After an hour with other modern racing games you have a garage full of supercars and 30.000.000cr in the bank.

The progression in GT Sports is slower and I enjoy that. My 911 rsr is MY 911 RSR.
My feelings exactly, really enjoying GT Sport too. though when it comes to heart I actually loved GT5 single player more than the one in GTSport, it felt like each event had more heart and character. The multiplayer in GT Sport is fantastic though. As for garage progression I wish we could sell our gifted cars, it's frustrating finishing a 1 hour endurance race and only being gifted a daily car which you already own. Being able to sell it even at a very reduced price would take away from the sting of just deleting that duplicate.

Mattyp

Gold Member
This is what Sony showed in their slides, the slide in this thread and that other is from that third party estimation.

That's the one nothing about GTS, I'm all for some good banter and arguments back and forwards but taking a third parties estimate as gospil that we easily disproved in 5 minutes? Hope they reach 10 million real soon, Sony fans don't have much in the way of racing games and continual new players they might end up with a decent car count by the end of life.

Three

I actually laughed. In other news, someone earned more money in 2018 when they had a job compared to 2017 when they were jobless for most of the year, who whudda guessed?.

Actually this couldn't be said for most other games. GT sport released in October 2017. The results are for the FY meaning ending in March. That means they made less money in the first six months and more in the year that followed. That's because GT is an evergreen title that continues to sell. Most games outside of select GaaS games make most of their money in the first 6 months.

GlamFM

Banned
My feelings exactly, really enjoying GT Sport too. though when it comes to heart I actually loved GT5 single player more than the one in GTSport, it felt like each event had more heart and character. The multiplayer in GT Sport is fantastic though. As for garage progression I wish we could sell our gifted cars, it's frustrating finishing a 1 hour endurance race and only being gifted a daily car which you already own. Being able to sell it even at a very reduced price would take away from the sting of just deleting that duplicate.

I’d already be happy if I could auto-dismantle doubles. Going through your entire garage every once in a while to find them “manually” is kind of annoying.

I do believe that the sim aspect in iracing is on a completely different level.

However I really love GT Sport.

Here’s a post I once wrote on a different forum:

I have been pretty vocal in the past when it comes to criticizing PD and GT.

I considered GT3 A-Spec to be the last great GT.
Meanwhile I thought Forza had not only caught up, but also surpassed GT in basically every way.

That was until I bought GT Sport last week.

I stumbled upon a YouTube channel from a very nice guy who comments on replays of his own online races.
What I noticed was how fair everybody in his videos was driving.

Had to try it for myself.

The Sport mode in GT Sport is the best online racing experience I have ever had.

But also:

-the presentation is ridiculous
-the cars look insane
-the tracks are great
-the music is wonderfully weird
-scrapes mode is fantastic
-the amount of SP content is bananas
-the community makes amazing liveries
-OMG the replays
-the cars do not sound like roombas anymore
-game does an amazing job at teaching beginners how to get better

And most importantly:

Racing sims are very sterile these days, but not GT.
This game has HEART and SOUL.

I truly love this game.

Things you have heard about GT Sport might have been true in the past, but the game I picked up last week (with the many updates it has received) is an amazing package everybody should check out.

EDIT:

One thing that I forgot to mention is that I really enjoy the feeling of ownership you have over your cars in GT.

After an hour with other modern racing games you have a garage full of supercars and 30.000.000cr in the bank.

The progression in GT Sports is slower and I enjoy that. My 911 rsr is MY 911 RSR.

Great post mate, I too think without Kaz it wouldn't be the same series. And SuperGT is a great youtube channel, have been watching it every now and then too.

GustavoLT

I wish Sony could pull out a Froza Horizon style racing game.... love horizon series and can't get to play neither Motorsport nor GTurismo.

Top Bottom