• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sports Hits Over 7 Million Players

ethomaz

Banned
I have 7,095,110 at Feb 21, 2019 in my extraction but that was announced oficially in Japan today together with the Super Formula SF19 coming to the game.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/00_4975123.html

screenshot_20190302-113j47.jpg

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
How is it fake? Its collated from Sonys own trophy data lol
lol

It is fake because it is wrong... the math estimation of that site is absolutely off by millions.

Because you know trophy % is rounded up and it is useless to make any estimation from that.

Official Gran-turismo.com website had 7,095,110 GTS profiles at Feb 21, 2019.

Last edited:

LostDonkey

I wouldnt say 7.1-7.5 is off by millions.

You dont half exaggerate.

Its a fairly accurate way of gathering how many players have played the game by percentage that have achieved the trophy.

This is players though remember, not sales. Some people such as myself have multiple profiles on one PS4.

ethomaz

Banned
I wouldnt say 7.1-7.5 is off by millions.

You dont half exaggerate.

Its a fairly accurate way of gathering how many players have played the game by percentage that have achieved the trophy.

This is players though remember, not sales. Some people such as myself have multiple profiles on one PS4.
Their 7.5m estimation was at middle December... it hit officially 6.8m at end of December... that near 1 million off and like I said there are games in that site with near 2 million off from actual data.

So yes they are millions off with these data that throws any numbers over you.

I’m surprise people believes these random sites with no reliable data.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
probably around ~4 million copies sold for GTS and FH4

MK8D is sitting at 15 million and MK8 series is over 23 million copies
Using UK and Japan sales vs profiles you get:

~6,281,000 as of Feb 21, 2019

90% of UK profiles are sold copies.
80% of Japan profiles are sold copies.

Japan is know for bring a big second hand country so I used the middle for reach the WW estimate.

Near/around 6 million copies sold is a safe estimate for GTS.

Last edited:

woigemok

Banned
Using UK and Japan sales vs profiles you get:

~6,281,000 as of Feb 21, 2019

90% of UK profiles are sold copies.
80% of Japan profiles are sold copies.

Japan is know for bring a big second hand country so I used the middle for reach the WW estimate.

Near/around 6 million copies sold is a safe estimate for GTS.
Not really a reliable method of counting copies sold. Only concreted data from Sony is allowed.

ethomaz

Banned
Not really a reliable method of counting copies sold. Only concreted data from Sony is allowed.
And that is why I called estimate ;)

BTW UK and Japan are official data from GFK/Mediacreate... if you believe US, others EU countries, etc has a bigger difference between sales and profiles I don’t know what to tell you.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Then it isn't reliable at all.
UK and Japan are.

The rest are estimate.

I don’t do estimate when I have actual data like other site you are trying to poke ;)

Edit - Official from Sony it was well over 3.3m in May 2018 but let’s says it is 4m now lol

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Your estimate is a fake data like Famitsu Digital Estimates and VGChartz.
My estimate is only estimate and I never claimed otherwise.

But shows me it is fake... I’m waiting.

VGC data was proven zillion of times to be fake with actual data.

The first premise to say something is fake is to proof with actual data ;)

Last edited:

woigemok

Banned
My estimate is only estimate and I never claimed otherwise.

But shows me it is fake... I’m waiting.

VGC data was proven zillion of times to be fake with actual data.
6 million is nowhere to be found in Sony database PR
so it's fake until Sony announces it.

ethomaz

Banned
6 million is nowhere to be found in Sony database PR
so it's fake until Sony announces it.
Proof?

Keep trying.

It could be fake... it could not be fake... it is an estimate and you can’t say it is fake ;)

Now I claimed the 7.5m fake because it is fake lol we have data that proves it is fake... I didn’t make a false claim like you are doing.

Last edited:

woigemok

Banned
Funny?

Like 4m was around official GTS in May 2018... that number was funny :D
~4m

last known number was 3.3m so it's likely to be around 4m than 6m :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy: Sony 1st party games weren't known for its leg
HZD 1st year 7.6m and 2nd year 2.4m with 10$ GameStop deal, 13$ PSN deal, and 20$ current price + complete edition
BOTW 1st year 8.66m and 2nd year 4.58m

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
~4m

last known number was 3.3m so it's likely to be around 4m than 6m :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy: Sony 1st party games weren't known for its leg
Again you using wrong data.

It was never 3.3m but you can read here: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/gran-turismo-sport-a-comprehensive-sales-estimate.1469385/

Actual Sell-through vs old Sell-in comparison

I saw a lot of mistakes made trying to comparing these different type of reports that ended with wrong claims like "GTS sold only 3.3m as of May 5, 2018" when in fact we don't know how much it sold but of course we can draw some conclusions.
Let's see what PD reported:

• 77.02 Million Sell-in as of September 30, 2017.
  • 80.4 Million Sell-through as of May 5, 2018.
We don't have data of Sell-through for Sep 30, 2017 or Sell-in for May 5, 2018.

We can only guess how much Sell-through for Sep 30, 2017 (or Sell-in for May 5, 2018) and estimate the sales of GTS as of May 5, 2018:

• 76.5 Million Sell-through as of Sep 30, 2017 = 3.9 Million Sold-through for GTS as of May 5, 2018 (estimate)
  • 76.0 Million Sell-through as of Sep 30, 2017 = 4.4 Million Sold-through for GTS as of May 5, 2018 (estimate)
  • 75.5 Million Sell-through as of Sep 30, 2017 = 4.9 Million Sold-through for GTS as of May 5, 2018 (estimate)
The only think we can say is that GTS sales at that date was way over 3.3m.

Eveghing is detailed that even you can comprehend.

And about legs well look at the Sony first-party game hitting new milestones tells you the opposite plus in May 2018 GTS had around 5m profiles... today over 7 million ;)

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
that was manipulated by that dude. I think you need to stop with GT number obsession because it's clearly not going to catch MK8D number.
Hum? I’m not sure what your point is.

BTW there is no manipulation in Sony official data just people like you making the mistake to compare shipped with sold :D

Last edited:

woigemok

Banned
Ethomaz with fake data is not really a news

Resetera, Vgchartz, Neogaf and etc.

SFV cheater thread is the best fake news by Ethomaz :messenger_tears_of_joy: and i forgot why he was banned on Chartz

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Ethomaz with fake data is not really a news

Resetera, Vgchartz, Neogaf and etc.

SFV cheater thread is the best fake news by Ethomaz :messenger_tears_of_joy: and i forgot why he was banned on Chartz
Because a mod tried to blackmail me (I don’t know if that is the right word... he tried to threat me) and I exposed his message to the public.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I still have yet to try it, I've been so glued to Driveclub again recently, which I just Platt'ed.

Might give this a look down the road.

Isa

Gold Member
I still have yet to try it, I've been so glued to Driveclub again recently, which I just Platt'ed.

Might give this a look down the road.

Congrats man I bet that wasn't easy. I used to eyeball that Plat a year or two ago hoping to snag it but it seemed just to far out, even though I loved the game. Still my favorite racer so far this gen. I have GT Sport but haven't given it much time.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Congrats man I bet that wasn't easy. I used to eyeball that Plat a year or two ago hoping to snag it but it seemed just to far out, even though I loved the game. Still my favorite racer so far this gen. I have GT Sport but haven't given it much time.

Thanks! It was a challenge, the Bikes expansion helped a bit since they count towards it as well. It is mainly just time investment. My favorite racer as well, reminds me a lot of PGR, just with a next level challenge.

Now to work on the DLC event trophies.

Last edited:

Isa

Gold Member
Thanks! It was tough, the Bikes expansion helped a bit since they count towards it as well. It is mainly just time investment. My favorite racer as well, reminds me a lot of PGR, just with a next level challenge.

Ah that's good to know that they count, now you got me itchin' to go back and play again haha. You've got my respect as the later events were really challenging for me to win. *Pours drink for Evolution Studios*

ethomaz

Banned
Thanks! It was a challenge, the Bikes expansion helped a bit since they count towards it as well. It is mainly just time investment. My favorite racer as well, reminds me a lot of PGR, just with a next level challenge.

Is it possible o Platinum with the PS+ Edition?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Is it possible o Platinum with the PS+ Edition?

You know, I believe it might be. It will probably take longer and not feel as fun (variety reasons), but I believe there is not track or event specific trophies. The event ones were added via separate "DLC" trophy list.

This game is a WEALTH of content. More trophies than any game I can think of, especially when combined with Bikes. No racing game out there right now compares with the complete package when all is said and done. GTS is getting there however, not sure how their trophy list looks though, since every DLC event has it's own set in DC. So much so they had to move a few to the Bkes DLC trophy list because they reached the SDK max, lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom