• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Wait until you actually need the gold brick/sunlight stone. In general there is an small chance of getting gold bricks as drops while sunlight stones can only be obtained as exchange so you would rarely chose the bricks.

Xisiqomelir

Welp, I don't have to play wind for another 8 months.

This was pretty cool tho:

e66c8382432352640ab7bf8c3d5c2e6b.png

There is only one must have character in legfest limited gacha that's a must have for one element. It's pretty pointless to save for a spark unless you want to play the best light team right now.

It's especially stupid to do so if you can't clear all of the content in the game.

Xisiqomelir

The value of a spark lies not so much in the sparked character as it does in reducing variance from the gacha pulls.

Even a doubled 6% legfest rate can quite frequently lead to 0 SSR in 100 pulls or less.

It's especially stupid to do so if you can't clear all of the content in the game.

You can clear all the content in the game with just event SRs and magna grids. Maybe not magna fire since it's bad.

Gizuko

Now then, I just pulled Bea (frigging finally), so I'm considering getting an atma sword - will get around to getting an ultima one eventually. Reading up on them, I read ultima weapons are great for primal teams, since they have elemental atk up on ougi, which is pretty great in my experience as a Varuna owner.

Which then makes me wonder about dark - Double Celeste, in this case. I know this was a thing sometime ago, using Cortanas for trium to keep Bea going. While I will input this in motocal later to see how it does when compared to Cele-Baha, has anyone tried it out lately?

Which element are you guys using your atma weapons on? I don't use sword classes often enough in water to justify ele-changing it to water.

Shinypogs

I started April 1st and sparked during the end of august legfest. I had less than a dozen SSR to my name when I finally sparked and I was fine. I got Sarasa, hit HL and FLB my first yggy sword before then. I could contribute in GW, farm what I wanted out of events and fight through most of the story. Event sr and my small smattering of SSR* carried me to my goal of the great and fluffy chicken and building grids along the way. Having a goal to work towards was motivating. Knowing I could get by without having to risk my crystals and tickets on a chance at a new unit which might not even be for an element i was planning to build right away was gratifying.

I'm not saying saving for early sparking is advisable or viable for everyone but it's doable and it can certainly pay off. Every few months we get some sort of fest with free 10 pulls for like a week and you can get some nice new stuff while continuing to save.

* did not include zoi or yoda who make the early game/ early farming easy.

chrono01

Zoey is back so I can finally spark (I could have sparked earlier, but I was holding out to see if she would be included in the Summer LegFes but she wasn't :/). Given the current rare characters, I'm not sure if I should go ahead with it now or wait until more is available (as a chance to pull, while I spark for Zoey). Mahira is still here, which is nice, but the maids don't look like anything special (they're cute, though).

Eh, I'll probably just go ahead and do it anyway, as I don't want to keep hoping for Zoey to return while a nice gacha is present. Given how common she's been around lately, maybe that's a sign that they might stop offering her so often.

Verelios

One SSR out of about 12 pulls isn't bad. I got Petra so that's extra awesome since my Wind units were kind of low.

Lowest element SSRs for me at the moment is light...only have Sophia, but I do like my team.

chrono01

I did my Zoey spark:

SR Characters:

Silver Moon - 18

Sarya (New)
Yaia (New)
Jamil (New)
Predator (New)
Ludmila (New)
Mina (New)
Danua (New)
Jeanne d'Arc (New)
Arusha (New)

SSR Characters:

Gold Moon - 3

Arulumaya (New)
Feena (New)
Lily (New)
Dorothy and Claudia (New)
Yodarha (New)
Razia (New)
Sarunan (New)
Sturm (New)
Chat Noir (New)
Summer Zoey (New) -Sparked

SSR Summons:

Twin Elements x2 (New and then Dupe)
Nacht (New)
Rose Queen (Dupe)
Godsworn Alexiel (New)
Baal (New)

Not the best, but could have been worse I guess. Now to start saving for my second spark.

chrono01

You got an Alex, Sturm and Yaia. That's an amazing spark if you ask me.
Yeah, I was especially happy for Sturm since I always loved her character. :)

I don't really have a strong Wind team yet to run Alexiel, but she's sure as hell better than any Wind summon I have right now. I didn't know Yaia was any good, so if so I'm a little more pleased with my pulls. She's also cute, so there's also that.

Anura

I cracked and used all my fledgling spark fund. I had like 20k crystals. I got the new earth summon, Eugen, Silva, Arriet, Light Sarunan, and Summer Zooey.

Wow, that’s good.

Strimei

Info for the upcoming month:

-Card Captor Sakura event will be a two-parter like Touken Ranbu (part 1 October 10, 2 on October 17)
-Sakura is free, SSR, and comes with several costumes apparently (makes sense)
-The following characters will get EMP support abilities: Anthuria, Romeo, Izmir, Arulumaya (Xmas), Eustace (Halloween), Melissabelle, Yuisis, Juliet, Marquiares, Ryan, Sen (fire), Lowain (event), Morphe & Phoebe, Redluck, Laguna, Jamil, Almeida, Eso, Johan, Nicholas, Shao, Stan.
-The side story returning in October will be Blade of the Young Champion
-4* uncap for Grand Series Rosetta's weapon
-Possible in the future character weapons will have 4* uncap on character release
-UnF in early November, possibly removing crew stack supports (balm buffs)

Info courtesy of the granblue_en twitter.

Dragner

Lol they are nerfing the event bow because you could perma para bosses with a grid full of bows using shao.

Shao breaking the meta since 2017.

Draxal

So, since we have a 4th crew buff now, Trick Room, what do you want? Also, are we going to buy the water airship for the next GW this time?

I think drop rate and exp up should work, I'll donate some funds to the water ship but if we don't have enough we don't have enough.

I'd like the exp buff over RP personally, still have zero characters at lv 100, but it's all good. I gotta donate too for once I'm not broke on rupees.

Alright, water ship up, and all of the boosts are too. Charge, drop rate, potions and exp+. I topped us off too since that cost a lot. We'll need to buy the EXP stuff on our other ships once we rotate back to them. Enjoy!

Anura

I’m 2 claws away from finally completing my fist MLB grid! Yay! Although, later on I plan on phasing some of the axes out for claws. Dark is a fun element to play.

Xisiqomelir

So it looks like red chest buffs have made Hard 2-2 even better than Slimes for getting elixirs and going positive AP.

3aa56a5efb763bcde2639152f972d8bc.png

I hosted a whole hour and went +750, splitting it 15/15/15/15 is probably amazing

bd193b6b67f2971a494828724dd0ddb4.png

74099f5daf56ab941f6a96f568faf0f4.png

Top Bottom