• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

OceanBlue

Finally decided I'd try leveling characters to 100 and holy shit this is the worst grind. Do you need Sword Master to slime? Is sliming the only way people can manage to level multiple characters to 100?

Shinypogs

Finally decided I'd try leveling characters to 100 and holy shit this is the worst grind. Do you need Sword Master to slime? Is sliming the only way people can manage to level multiple characters to 100?

characters that do plain damage can slime also, like sarasa with ground zero or yoda when ouging. For multiple characters slimeing is more efficient although you can also do mass angel halo and feed the weapon exp fodder to units.

Finally decided I'd try leveling characters to 100 and holy **** this is the worst grind. Do you need Sword Master to slime? Is sliming the only way people can manage to level multiple characters to 100?

Sliming is so boring I do angel halo (w journey drop grand success buff + increased upgrade exp buff) or for others just bring them up to level 100 through normal play.

So, regarding the new event, I was ecstatic to see a CCS collab, but a bit miffed discovering that though we got a free SSR (new trend?) and an adorable one at that, Sakura won't attack. Please tell me I'm wrong, but wouldn't that make her pretty useless in most situations? Is there a "smart way" to use characters that don't attack like Sakura or Lyria in GBF?

ohlawd

So, regarding the new event, I was ecstatic to see a CCS collab, but a bit miffed discovering that though we got a free SSR (new trend?) and an adorable one at that, Sakura won't attack. Please tell me I'm wrong, but wouldn't that make her pretty useless in most situations? Is there a "smart way" to use characters that don't attack like Sakura or Lyria in GBF?
endgame when you can afford to have one character who can't attack because the other members' damage output is so high

you triple box (play the raid in three separate windows to skip animations). you use the third window to use non attacking character skills to refresh a window for cooldowns for other members' skills that have the same turn cooldowns. shit, this sentence didn't even make sense. sorry. so like if you have skills from other members that all end on 5-turn cooldowns you have Sakura use a skill so the previous window you were on will have a 5-turn skill ready for use. when that skill is done, the Sakura window will have another 5-turn skill ready for use too. and you continue to alternate between these two windows. the third window (the one you haven't used to use your skills recently) is the new Sakura window.

Sakura (and Lyria) are for one turn kills with chain burst, using skills to get 100%.

But Sakura's ougi/charge attack doesn't do damage, so I don't think it counts for a chain so... I don't know.

But also, Sakura doesn't attack, so hopefully the atk buff is enough to make her useable. Like how Yuel Sochie doesn't attack with her double/triple attack buff that helps others enough that she's useable. Or Lyria doesn't attack but has multiple buffs (and the easy chain attack) that makes her useable.

Sakura's ougi is basically a two turn paralyze, I think? So that's like 6 free attacks for the rest of your party. So if you beat it in under 6 turns sakura is worth it?

Thanks for your answers guys, so in any case, she reaches usability once you have a grid and your other 3 characters have enough output, and she'll basically be support to maximize said output.

This is not the first time where a support character/class is designed to be weak so they can provide strong buffs to the rest of the party.

You can even put the main character in that role with the drum master class which has a severe damage penalty associated with it.

This is not the first time where a support character/class is designed to be weak so they can provide strong buffs to the rest of the party.

You can even put the main character in that role with the drum master class which has a severe damage penalty associated with it.

I use him and I actually love this class, despite not having pproper grids the boosts to damage cap etc are just great to have in general. + BGM change!!! SOIYA !!
Also, ok lower damage but guaranteed TA!!

bigkrev

My only Cardcaptor Sakura reference point is maybe seeing 4 or 5 episodes of Cardcaptors on Fox as a 11 year old.

I didn't realize how horny the franchise was.

drac96

I just started playing this a few days ago when I realized it was in English. So far I feel like I've picked up on a lot without having to use a guide.

The thing that I am not grasping is Card Captor Sakura. Does she not attack? Is she giving buffs and I just can't tell?

Edit: Nevermind I perused the thread and she doesn't attack. Huh. I find it weird that I don't see any indication that she is buffing. Maybe I just don't know where to look for the animation haha

Started this up again, the grind to getting a better weapon grid continues. In the meantime though it's the CCS event.

The thing that I am not grasping is Card Captor Sakura. Does she not attack? Is she giving buffs and I just can't tell?

She doesn't attack, thats one of her traits. But her buffs are great.

OceanBlue

I tried using SSR Dorothy and Claudia when one of my front row died and I really like them. Their buffs are really strong and they do a lot of damage with the grid I have now. It feels like having a Yuisis with stronger offense and support that can just press a button to ougi again instead of having to hit 100 twice. Most importantly they're way more fun to use than the characters I've been using in light lol.

Ultimadrago

Man, it looks like Cagliostro won't meet Sakura after all. Oh well, I can live with Sakura getting an additional Watery outfit/form as well if the Challenge image is to be believed~

I think I lost my account. Factory restored my phone so I had to login again, I've been playing constantly and never logged out. So all cookies and stuff we're gone. Go to the mobage login like I've always done, enter my +7 email and password, no luck. Try to retrieve password and get an email saying no account found under that email. Yet I never changed my password or email, I've been using it for months. Wtf.

Edit: nevermind. Maybe I don't have a mobage login? I downloaded the app for GBF, logged in on the page with the number captcha and I got in. So how do I login via other methods, not mobage on the website?

OceanBlue

I think I lost my account. Factory restored my phone so I had to login again, I've been playing constantly and never logged out. So all cookies and stuff we're gone. Go to the mobage login like I've always done, enter my +7 email and password, no luck. Try to retrieve password and get an email saying no account found under that email. Yet I never changed my password or email, I've been using it for months. Wtf.

Edit: nevermind. Maybe I don't have a mobage login? I downloaded the app for GBF, logged in on the page with the number captcha and I got in. So how do I login via other methods, not mobage on the website?

There are four services on here: http://game.granbluefantasy.jp/#authentication

Maybe you have an account on one of those? Dunno if you mean on mobile though.

Rutti

Well I bit the bullet and bought the surprise ticket. I got DJeanne to hang out with Zooey. First time spending money in a game like this but I have and will spent enough hours in this so it's definitely worth it.

e: Can I save the 10 draw ticket I got for spark?

Yaari

Well I bit the bullet and bought the surprise ticket. I got DJeanne to hang out with Zooey. First time spending money in a game like this but I have and will spent enough hours in this so it's definitely worth it.

e: Can I save the 10 draw ticket I got for spark?

yea

Xisiqomelir

After we 1-4'd again in A last GW my crew has decided to partition itself, so I'm making a recruitment post here for 2 separate international, English-speaking crews.

If a

-Semi-casual crew with a grid check of 50k in main element and 30k in 2 others, and GW mins of

Prelims: 5m
D1-2: 3m
D3-5: 10m

With an overall goal of at least hitting max losercope (each +5 valor checkpoint at 100m/150m/250m crew 2.5m/3.5m/6m solo) each fight

or a

-Fully casual crew with an overall goal of posting the dankest of memes

Sound appealing, please post or PM me and I'll get you invites to the respective discords.

Pejo

Hey all, thought I'd finally get around to trying this game out. What the hell do you do besides close the game and re-open it when it mysteriously goes from English to JP, like mid menu selection.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hey all, thought I'd finally get around to trying this game out. What the hell do you do besides close the game and re-open it when it mysteriously goes from English to JP, like mid menu selection.
I've never had it switch languages in a session... only when I have to login again.

Try clicking reload or just go through the menus. At least when I get that bug it'll go away on its own.

Wow Gran got so hot, even better than his drummer outfit.
DMKk39qUEAAEikW.jpg

Pejo

I've never had it switch languages in a session... only when I have to login again.

Try clicking reload or just go through the menus. At least when I get that bug it'll go away on its own.

Thanks guys, I eventually found a video on youtube that showed me where the setting was. Haven't had it happen again since though, who knows.

Is there a GAF crew, or do any of you have space that I could join?

So I think I'm obligated to post the result of now-yesterday's free daily, and obligated to be the focus on the resultant Two Minutes' Hate:

The fire team I kind of threw together from what I've gotten over my year of off-and-on playing is performing pretty darn well:

Mostly just need to decide what the hell I want to do for a backline.

And I can now field fire, water, earth and kind of a dark team, although the dark team needs so much goddamn enmity gear.

On a completely different note, god damn but they always give Djeeta the best shoes.

So I think I'm obligated to post the result of now-yesterday's free daily, and obligated to be the focus on the resultant Two Minutes' Hate:
I hate you, there ya go.

Also it's not an optimal but pretty decent character line up. Yuel ends up on a lot of late game teams, although apparently you have to spend forever grinding to get her lvl 100 skill buff which is what everyone wants.

Metera will always be good because of her high ability damage early game and a large echo late game. As long as you have multi attack buffs for your party. Last year harp class line was pretty good for fire because it provided some basic but strong double attack buffs for the entire party.

The fire team I kind of threw together from what I've gotten over my year of off-and-on playing is performing pretty darn well:

Aww yeah fire erune. My only thought is that Yuel should probably be first and Sochie last, since Yuel has a higher rate of double attacking and will be in a better position to start/continue chain bursts.

Pejo

Mostly just need to decide what the hell I want to do for a backline.

And I can now field fire, water, earth and kind of a dark team, although the dark team needs so much goddamn enmity gear.

On a completely different note, god damn but they always give Djeeta the best shoes.

Congrats! I've used that summon a few times now and he cleans house.

How do you have the attack of your units so high if they're only level 35? I think I'm missing a component on team strengthening here.

The way I understand it, you can level up and increase level cap of your weapons. But the weapons only seem to get equipped to your main unit and then in that "pool" of 9 weapons.

Then you can level your characters and break their caps. I did that once for each of my team and they're all level 41-46 but my attack is less than half of yours.

Is the difference made up from the passive buffs from Summons? I'm not sure what else I can do to strengthen my team. (Just started a few days ago). I have been struggling to beat these daily raids, but then usually somebody joins in and 1shots all of the bosses for me.

Here's my team for reference:

Character attack value is a rather useless number since it doesn't account for any other passive and active abilities or properties a character might have that determine how much damage they deal or how effective it is in combat.

wilstreak

Congrats! I've used that summon a few times now and he cleans house.

How do you have the attack of your units so high if they're only level 35? I think I'm missing a component on team strengthening here.

The way I understand it, you can level up and increase level cap of your weapons. But the weapons only seem to get equipped to your main unit and then in that "pool" of 9 weapons.

all 10 weapons affect the attack and hp of the unit from the same element (as the weapon).
The only exception being Bahamut Weapon (based on race), Ultimate Bahamut Weapon (based on weapon specialty) and Cosmos Weapon (based on weaponset).

Then you can level your characters and break their caps. I did that once for each of my team and they're all level 41-46 but my attack is less than half of yours.
Raising level of the character only improve the ATK count from character component.
There are 3 stat component. Summon + Weapon + Character.
For example if you already have complete weapon and summon grid and it makes up around 30.000 attack, then LV 1 Jeanne in total will have 30.000 ATK + 1.560 ATK (jeanne min attack)= 31.560

Meanwhile LV 100 Jeanne has 9.850 Attack, but if weapon+summon grid is a mess, she will still lose against lv 1 Jeanne with proper grid.

Is the difference made up from the passive buffs from Summons? I'm not sure what else I can do to strengthen my team. (Just started a few days ago). I have been struggling to beat these daily raids, but then usually somebody joins in and 1shots all of the bosses for me.

Here's my team for reference:

Focus on 1 element first. Admitedly speaking, dark and light is the most difficult to start with because:
1. SR weapon from Celeste and Luminiera/Adversa raid doesnt give ATK skill.
2. SSR weapon from Celeste Omega and Luminiera Omega is considerably rarer than Omega raid from other 4 element.

Dark will start slow but will be one of the best attacker element on the end. Light meanwhile also start slow but will be one of the most consistent element.

Leech raid with full R team (not SSR) to get bonus weekly pendant and after your done with the quota, switch to full SR team.
On for new player, you can get 2000 pendant (3000 if you grind hard enough) weekly. You can trade 5000 pendant for 1 SSR Weapon. Trade it for Celeste Zaghnal Omega or Celesta Claw (in my experience, Celeste Claw is a lot more rare than Zaghnal, so it is more efficient to trade pendant for Claw).

By the way, Do you have any other 3SSR character in other element?

And then join discord, if you host omega raid.
Ask 1 people to help you, don't pub it.

Every raid, you can get 2 red chest. 1 guaranteed for host and 1 for MVP. Since you won't be an MVP, settle for Vice MVP, you will still get the chance for red chest (around 50%). So in average you will get 1.5 red chest as opposed to 1 red chest when you pub it because you won't be able to compete with veteran player.

Pejo

Thanks guys. I don't have many dark element weapons yet, and my summons are a disaster, so that's probably why my attack sucks so bad. Also lots to take in with that Damage wiki page, but it's very helpful.

Is there a way for a new player to farm useful summons, or am I just stuck until gacha hands me some?

I read that I want to hoard all my tickets and crystals until the end of the month for something called "legfest", so I haven't used much past my re-rolling (which took forever to get a SSR), and the beginner's gacha that I used a selector ticket for. Took Vira because she matched my other two SSR elements and saw she goes up to 5* eventually, so I figured it was a good investment.

wilstreak

Thanks guys. I don't have many dark element weapons yet, and my summons are a disaster, so that's probably why my attack sucks so bad. Also lots to take in with that Damage wiki page, but it's very helpful.

Is there a way for a new player to farm useful summons, or am I just stuck until gacha hands me some?

I read that I want to hoard all my tickets and crystals until the end of the month for something called "legfest", so I haven't used much past my re-rolling (which took forever to get a SSR), and the beginner's gacha that I used a selector ticket for. Took Vira because she matched my other two SSR elements and saw she goes up to 5* eventually, so I figured it was a good investment.

https://gbf.wiki/Diablo

Decent obtainable dark summon for new dark player.

Well not like you have any other choice.

And look at Koon's video
https://www.youtube.com/user/CrusaderKoon

wilstreak

Thanks! Will do.

Do I want to farm him to increase his level and cap, or fill all of my summon slots with copies of him, or both?

just get 1 and 1 copy to uncap him to level 60.

Getting it to level 100 will takes a lot of grinding for something that you won't use in the future.

your main task should be to leech magna omega raid and hope for good drop.

in the meantime, also master all the available class.
For each class you master, you will get stat specific bonus.

Dark fencer for actual fight, Hawkeye for leeching.

Pejo

just get 1 and 1 copy to uncap him to level 60.

Getting it to level 100 will takes a lot of grinding for something that you won't use in the future.

your main task should be to leech magna omega raid and hope for good drop.

in the meantime, also master all the available class.
For each class you master, you will get stat specific bonus.

Dark fencer for actual fight, Hawkeye for leeching.

Awesome, thanks for all the tips. I've been leveling all of the classes already so I have a good jump on that.

I hate you, there ya go.

Also it's not an optimal but pretty decent character line up. Yuel ends up on a lot of late game teams, although apparently you have to spend forever grinding to get her lvl 100 skill buff which is what everyone wants.

Metera will always be good because of her high ability damage early game and a large echo late game. As long as you have multi attack buffs for your party. Last year harp class line was pretty good for fire because it provided some basic but strong double attack buffs for the entire party.

No opinion on Societte?

Pejo

One last question - What's the proper etiquette for leeching raids? From what I've gathered, I want to be the one to start them. Then I do that "advertise to everyone" button, and someone joins and beats it? What does the Hawkeye class offer while I'm leeching? I saw someone use a drop rate + buff, and I have that on one of my fire characters. Should I use her in my "leech" team to help out?

wilstreak

One last question - What's the proper etiquette for leeching raids? From what I've gathered, I want to be the one to start them. Then I do that "advertise to everyone" button, and someone joins and beats it? What does the Hawkeye class offer while I'm leeching? I saw someone use a drop rate + buff, and I have that on one of my fire characters. Should I use her in my "leech" team to help out?

leeching is when you join raid hosted by anothers.

I don't think there is proper way to leech (at least until you reach lv 100 and start joining lv 100+ raid).

But most people will appreciate if you leech as Hawkeye and cast Treasure Hunter on the enemy.

Please dont leech: Twin Elements, Nezha, Baal, Dark Angel Olivia, Lich, Odin, Garuda, Grand Order, Athena, Apollo, Grani.

Unless your ultra weak and low level, I dont think one should leech their own raid. Bad etiquette and rude.

wilstreak

Please dont leech: Twin Elements, Nezha, Baal, Dark Angel Olivia, Lich, Odin, Garuda, Grand Order, Athena, Apollo, Grani.

Unless your ultra weak and low level, I dont think one should leech their own raid. Bad etiquette and rude.

There is 2 different camp though.

I am in the camp of, "just leech, don't do anything and definitely don't race and take my MVP".

Of course Ultimate Baha raid is exception.

Pejo

leeching is when you join raid hosted by anothers.

I don't think there is proper way to leech (at least until you reach lv 100 and start joining lv 100+ raid).

But most people will appreciate if you leech as Hawkeye and cast Treasure Hunter on the enemy.

Ah ok, I guess I have some time to naturally get stronger then, I'm only rank 20 something.

That's me, for now, but I get it. I would have thought it to be more rude to leech on someone else's resources by taking a spot on their raid party and not fully contributing, but I can at least work on getting Hawkeye unlocked.

The raids I'm talking about are these little "3 times a day" raids like Tiamat and Iron Colossus. I guess it's not against etiquette to just start one of them and open the invitation to everyone, right? I seem to have pretty good luck so far with someone coming in and 1shotting them for me, and they don't seem upset about it.

Top Bottom