• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Liseda

I don't know if its my grid or not, but I can't solo NM90 in a timely manner and I've been experimenting on different setups with/without Korwa/Zooey. It takes me 10 minutes to solo while I've been reading people do it for as low as 2mins. How?!
I can do around 2min with Luchador + Tag Team with Six 5*, Zooey and Vira.
Grid would be, 3x claws, 1x gw dagger, 1x gisla, 1x cortana, 1x kirin sword, baha, 1x kirin bow, 1x pendant dagger

I basically just pop everything in the beginning, tag team and skip ougi/attack.

Ultimadrago

Is this "You must get this many honors to get the qualification valor badges" thing new? I like it. The requirement isn't too big either, making it where anyone even able to get a few reps should be able to be rewarded.

Shoutouts to Ala Alba as well who is killing it in honors for us at Rank 82. Makes me feel unworthy!

Is this "You must get this many honors to get the qualification valor badges" thing new? I like it. The requirement isn't too big either, making it where anyone even able to get a few reps should be able to be rewarded.

Shoutouts to Ala Alba as well who is killing it in honors for us at Rank 82. Makes me feel unworthy!

Yeah. There's a higher requirement for honors if you lose vs if you win that round as well. It's a decent change.

Saprol

Always medal rewards for losing. They raised the honour requirement and nobody knew about it so now they have to put up a huge pop-up.

Ultimadrago

Yeah. There's a higher requirement for honors if you lose vs if you win that round as well. It's a decent change.
Always medal rewards for losing. They raised the honour requirement and nobody knew about it so now they have to put up a huge pop-up.

I see, thanks!

Is there anyplace online that posts the artwork of the characters' speaking portraits from the story segments?

This website does some (if you look under Quest), I'm not sure how well it's updated however.

This website does some (if you look under Quest), I'm not sure how well it's updated however.
Thank you for this, though it's missing what I'm looking for.

I'm searching for Jin, Eugen, and Soriz's speaking portraits in just their fundoshis, which I believe is part of the current Drummer class event.

Edit: These ones...

24G7O9k.jpg
I know each guy has multiple poses.

I'm looking for a new crew for the next GW since dark is my best element and my current crew just failed to place in the top 9k last time, are there any GAF crews with spots available?

I expect to be rank 85ish by the time GW starts.

This is the new guy carrying Trick Room, good job!

Strimei

So next event seems to involve Charlotta, she's the SR for it. Upcoming wind SSR is Scathacha (or however its spelled), and there's some dapper older erune butler-like guy from Charlotta's order, I think, as well (he's SR).

So fellow Trick Room crew mates, what do you think of our strike time? An odd time to ask as we look upon our 5th beat down, but its been a while, and it may help people going forward if we updated our current strike times. Just recommend some times and we'll try to place both of them so everyone gets a fair shot.

Caim

So fellow Trick Room crew mates, what do you think of our strike time? An odd time to ask as we look upon our 5th beat down, but its been a while, and it may help people going forward if we updated our current strike times. Just recommend some times and we'll try to place both of them so everyone gets a fair shot.

If I'm reading the times right it's 6 PM and 10 PM EST.

It wouldn't mind one of them being a little earlier like around 1-3 PM.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't mind the hours. I assume it's because Dark Teams are the strongest in the game, which means the super hardcore players can just clear these raids in seconds.

Ala Alba

I have no actual problem with the current times, but if you were to move them, it would be great if one remained somewhere around 7pm-9pm PST.

Just be careful about putting any between 00:00 and 7:00 Japan time (8am-3pm PST), because that's outside of GW times.

vall03

I'm currently in my second Crew (third if I count the Crew that I created lol), and I never tried to communicate with them seeing as they're all Japanese, and today, I received a message from the leader in simple English, "20:00 hell95 Come to the event". Found it a bit funny really since I never thought that they would figure me out. I've been prepared to get kicked since the beginning because that's what happened to me with my first Crew.

Do most Japanese even tolerate English players in their Crew? I guess I'm kinda needed right now considering Dark is my main element and I just got Six yesterday so they know. lol

I'm currently in my second Crew (third if I count the Crew that I created lol), and I never tried to communicate with them seeing as they're all Japanese, and today, I received a message from the leader in simple English, "20:00 hell95 Come to the event". Found it a bit funny really since I never thought that they would figure me out. I've been prepared to get kicked since the beginning because that's what happened to me with my first Crew.

Do most Japanese even tolerate English players in their Crew? I guess I'm kinda needed right now considering Dark is my main element and I just got Six yesterday so they know. lol

I know that in my crew that I created the japanese players don't say anything to me. I do have a few english ones though but they still don't talk either lol. No one talks but thats kinda expected too.

For the most part though it's pretty much me and one other that does most of the work. There are a few other people that are doing a lot of work but they don't have anything worthwhile. I pretty much have good/great chars but an incomplete weapon grid while the other strong player in the crew has a great weapon grid but horrible chars.

I dont see why they wouldnt as long as someone is contributing significantly in Unite & Fight (if theyre A tier), what tier are you in.

I'm happy with the strike times being in EST. Maybe move the first one forward an hour since it seems like the 6:00 PM EST / 3:00 PM PST gets less people? Not sure how many extra PST people you'll draw at 4:00 PM PST though.

vall03

I dont see why they wouldnt as long as someone is contributing significantly in Unite & Fight (if theyre A tier), what tier are you in.

My Crew is in Tier B. We're currently 1-3 and I think our leader wants to win the last match considering we lost by 9M points yesterday and I could have contributed more if I wasn't busy. I start work at 11PM JST so I really can't help beyond that. But I do try to play starting 8 or 9PM JST depending on whether I arrive in my office early or not. But yeah, I'm just surprised to get that message.

Ultimadrago

I'm cool with whatever times as long as they're not too crazy. I'm in CST. I'm largely okay with the current times, but the evening time (around 9 pm for me) is maybe a little late? Wouldn't mind that moved earlier a bit.

Gizuko

I meant to post a message in-game indirectly related to this so I'll just take this chance:

On the one hand, scare tactics only seem to work if the points gap is sufficiently wide and the opposing crew can't reliably close it, and even then, over half a day might be too much to rely on them throwing the day.

On the other hand, "revealing our hand too soon" (getting our STs over so early) can lead to jap guilds making a comeback during their primetime since a lot of jap guilds have their ST near the end of the day (or they used to, and going by the last GW when we nearly lost a couple of matches due to their suddenly earning a lot of points really fast as the day came to a close, the probably still do), while we already take the win for granted/aren't on guard.

Taking this two points into account, I think it'd make sense to have one ST take place closer to the day's end (during GW), unless most can't participate. I don't think we really need to keep it there outside GW if people like the current timetable, though.

Then again, I'm terribly biased since neither of the two strike times really work for me during DST (they take place at 00:00-01:00 am and 04:00-05:00 am in my timezone, GMT+2).

Gizuko

They are making a comeback!

Also, I could use some help with this NM100, since I'm on mobile and it's taking forever. Don't mind retreating if you all prefer blasting some 90-95.

They are making a comeback!

Also, I could use some help with this NM100, since I'm on mobile and it's taking forever. Don't mind retreating if you all prefer blasting some 90-95.

Woohoo. Got it done. I have enough meat for another 95. Should I fire it up or try to get a few more meat for another 100?

Gizuko

I'd go with 95! We don't have time for a 100 imo.

Brb, will join after I get some signal back!

Edit: We were a bit late for that one, but we were winning by a fair margin, so this one should be a win, right?

Good job everyone, and thanks for the help!

I'd go with 95! We don't have time for a 100 imo.

Brb, will join after I get some signal back!

Edit: We were a bit late for that one, but we were winning by a fair margin, so this one should be a win, right?

Good job everyone, and thanks for the help!

We finally won one!

DAn8LLFWsAAe-VW.jpg

Not as good as last time, but theres only so much I can do with a FLB Lich and no 4* Dark Weapons (could have had two but Im saving those mats for other things).

Light GW I should definitely manage to get to the 3rd tier of rewards.

vall03

Thank god GW is finally over. I actually felt pressured being a Dark main and my Crew had to rely on me. I kinda dropped off yesterday since I got really busy the moment I arrived at work. Not looking forward to the GW next month though. I don't have good Light characters, but I do have a basic grid 0* with Skill Level 1-2. Don't know if I'll be able to improve that grid soon. I might end up just using my Dark team to leech EX+ and do it for the GW weapon. Though I'm looking forward to the July GW since Earth is my second best grid and team.

Also hoping I can get at least one Xeno Axe, I'm not that confident with my Water team/grid since I find it really weak in terms of damage. Don't think I'll be able to do anything with a team of Lancelot/Lily/Yngwie/Vane/Sochie.

Thank god GW is finally over. I actually felt pressured being a Dark main and my Crew had to rely on me. I kinda dropped off yesterday since I got really busy the moment I arrived at work. Not looking forward to the GW next month though. I don't have good Light characters, but I do have a basic grid 0* with Skill Level 1-2. Don't know if I'll be able to improve that grid soon. I might end up just using my Dark team to leech EX+ and do it for the GW weapon. Though I'm looking forward to the July GW since Earth is my second best grid and team.

Also hoping I can get at least one Xeno Axe, I'm not that confident with my Water team/grid since I find it really weak in terms of damage. Don't think I'll be able to do anything with a team of Lancelot/Lily/Yngwie/Vane/Sochie.

5* star lan-chan should let you do ~1mln damage with his first skill after you ougi, Vane [SR, not even] is also powerful. Yngqie can also do over 1.3mln in ougi, they shouldnt be underestimated. [Water Asparas here]

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The Inferno grinding really feels like the first wall that I'm not willing to climb over. The weapon/summon for the wind guy kind of suck too (slower charge meter? why?).

Ephidel

Once Dierdre is 3* she loses the slower charging effect. The Katapillar summon from a previous event worked the same way.

Granted, that still means Dierdre isn't as good as Anat unless you really want that blind effect or are stocking up in hopes of a future Wind-Bonito, but it means she isn't quite as bad as she seems at first.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I guess to get you to grind for more of them. lol

You know, they're trying to fix the game and make it more friendly, but these daily quests are the worst. You can't even get a hit in on raids before they're finished, and it just wastes your time. They should just give you credit if you get into the raid.

This event is doubly problematic because of all the Ifrit raids crowding out the list, meaning you have to wait 5-10 minutes for the raid list to refresh. lol

Also, I can't believe they still don't let you refresh your friends list from the menu and still force you to start a match and quit to do it.

Ephidel

If they gave you credit for getting in though, I assume they'd start taking your EP for it too. It's not as much of a problem now EP regens so fast, but I still prefer not losing EP on raids I never get a hit in on.

You can turn the Ifrit raids off, which helps a little, but admittedly there aren't many non-Ifrit raids showing up for me either.

I've been lucky enough to get my Daily Hits in with relative ease though - yeah, Skadi is a no go because it's over before you blink, but as long as I just bash whatever summon is at the top of my list I can usually get into Dierdre fast enough to hit it once.
I do know your pain though - I felt the same frustration trying desperately to hit during Avaritia raids recently. I "solved" my problem by cheesing my way through it by starting the raids on an alt account instead ¬_¬

You all must have a slow connection, I get into Skadi and the other one just fine and can even get mvp or so in the few seconds its open.

I hope youre not actually looking through the summon list to pick your summon before getting in though...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
For me, the raids are over before I can even cancel out of the "call for help" screen. I wouldn't mind losing EP if it meant completing the raid if it meant I didn't feel like I was spending more time trying to get into a raid than actually playing the raid itself. lol

Top Bottom