• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto 4 Complete Edition Listing Spotted For PS5 On Amazon

aVpgEtk.png

The following features are listed as part of this port for the PlayStation 5 version of GTA 4 Complete Edition.

• Showcased in stunning 4K for PlayStation 5
  • Includes: Grand Theft Auto IV and episodes: The Lost and the Damned & The Ballad of Gay Tony.
  • Features an array of technical and graphical enhancements, as well as increased framerate and haptic feedback with Dualsense Controller

Last edited:
"Features an array of technical and graphical enhancements"
Just give us sharp textures and good AA, don't touch the physics Rockstar!
Optional driving physics or I won't touch the game, Rockstar. That said, any adjustment to the physics absolutely needs to be an option, not a change. It's a very subjective topic, so give people a choice. CD Projekt Red did something similar with player movement in The Witcher 3.

Last edited:

Woggleman

They should also remaster the PS2 era games and use all that GTAO money to buy back the rights to all the music that was cut. If that were to happen they would buy themselves a ton of good will.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
ok ok... It is one of my fav games and my fav GTA for sure. I've spent countless hours free roaming the city.
I still think it's the best city and physics to date.

Now, the 360 is still the best version desptite low fps and 720p since:
-It uses MSAA
-It has proper depth of field
-least amount of bugs
-proper color
-ORIGINAL MUSIC

The pc version should be better but:
-rockstar launcher required on steam
-bad color, especially of car wheels and the game is just washed out
-no msaa and depth of field breaks at 4k
-above 30fps, animations and camera start to break
-tons of bugs
+Ability to mod original music back in

So I hope ps5 version will be amazing... but no music, they will probably fuck with depth of field since it will run at 4k and I doubt they will change the dof sample rate

tl:dr I still keep 360 around since it's the only true way to experience gta IV as it was meant to be, with proepr music and graphical effects.

My fav ad that represetns how the game should look. The game on pc misses this dithered shadows, blur and dof.... and its washed out

Game gets a bad rep because pc version looks like jaggied, washed out shit. The game is build with this bloom/gloom and heavy depth of field in mind

Last edited:

tillbot8

Banned
The most serious GTA in my opinion....not a bad thing! Ran like ass on the PS3 so willing to give it a go again on the PS5 if real

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
In short - I will give them a chance if they will bring back original score and not this butchered crap
edit: Oh shit.. I will buy it anyway :p
The game was such a technical achievement on release date on consoles. I remember the thread here and there was no disappointment. We all loved it and were in awe of the city, physics and atomsphere

Last edited:

Kupfer

tl:dr I still keep 360 around since it's the only true way to experience gta IV as it was meant to be, with proepr music and graphical effects.

My fav ad that represetns how the game should look. The game on pc misses this dithered shadows, blur and dof.... and its washed out

I agree.
Especially when you finally could install the game on the 360s' HDD and the pop ups where drastically reduced.
To this date, the BOGT trailer is one of my favorite trailers ever.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

I prefer it to GTA V so would buy day 1.
Id also like RDR 1 and a RDR2 60fps update for PS5

Ill miss that install and loading music for GTA 4 though

Last edited:

retsof624

I hope this is true. If so, I'm stopping my GTA 4 replay I'm currently doing on the Series X. I'd rather have a full remaster than just a frame rate bump

Guilty_AI

Finally! Someone who understands!
3d GTAs ain't shit compare to greatness of GTA 2. :messenger_sunglasses:
Yeah, i still remember how i'd cheese the game by causing mayhem in a gang area just to raise my reputation with their rivals.
Or complete a set of missions from a gang then use my high rep with them to start killing everyone in their headquarters for more points.

Others GTAs are cool, but i feel only this one truly understood whats fun about their formula.

Last edited:
Yeah. Look here

The pc version is super washed out and kinda flat looking without that dof and bloom

I don't know what you played but none of that is true, the video you linked shows a modded PC version 90% of the time, the scenes where it's the vanilla version it just looks sharper and slightly brighter contrast levels, boot up the PC version and turn down your resolution to 720p and it'll look the same. The only known gfx removed from the PC version by Rockstar was the motion blur when aiming.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I’m not really into replaying these games with better graphics. But it seems like a good business decision by the comments here.

Top Bottom