• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto 4 Complete Edition Listing Spotted For PS5 On Amazon

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I don't know what you played but none of that is true, the video you linked shows a modded PC version 90% of the time, the scenes where it's the vanilla version it just looks sharper, boot up the PC version and turn down your resolution to 720p and it'll look the same. The only known gfx removed from the PC version by Rockstar was the motion blur when aiming.
Ignore the modded footage. The vanilla pc version is washed out and too bright. It always was but it can be partially fixed with contrast and brightness sliders which are reversed...
And no. 720p version on pc looks worse because 360 uses msaa

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

As cool as this would be it just feels so incredibly random to me. That being said, I would love for it to be true! I really enjoyed GTA IV and never quite understood the hate it got. The euphoria physics engine alone made me love it so much at the time, haha.

ReBurn

Gold Member
faker than that rdr remastered fake amazon listing

why do people still fall for this shit
7YXPIAU.png

I don't think it's real but I'd love for it to be true, I hated Nikko's voice actor but the main story was fine but the two DLC stories were both really good and make the game worth getting on their own.

wasn’t there a listing for a Read Dead complete edition recently on Amazon as well? that one was also bogus.

also GTA3 is 20 years old in 2021, feels like that’s a logical target for rerelease.

Mokus

God, the soundtrack is going to be butchered. :messenger_downcast_sweat: They should have done it in the early years of PS4 while they could deliver the complete experience.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
GTA4 wasn’t even the best in its own genre the year it released.

Saints Row 2 was better and certainly more fun.

bender

What time is it?
Da fuck. Best protagonist by far.

No. The cast beyond Playboy X is atrocious and the story is laughably predictable, even by GTA standards. Within the first hour: This love interest of mine is definitely an undercover agent and I'd bet my life the last mission centers around the statue of liberty. I really regret the time I spent that proved those assumptions correct.

whyman

I remember some screen of a part of GTA 4 map in GTA 5 engine was leaked. Is this what we are finally getting?

zw1NPTt.png

Added the "leaked" screen.

Last edited:
I hope its a whole remake and not just 4k 60 fps remaster. Mafia would be a good example.

ok ok... It is one of my fav games and my fav GTA for sure. I've spent countless hours free roaming the city.
I still think it's the best city and physics to date.

Now, the 360 is still the best version desptite low fps and 720p since:
-It uses MSAA
-It has proper depth of field
-least amount of bugs
-proper color
-ORIGINAL MUSIC

The pc version should be better but:
-rockstar launcher required on steam
-bad color, especially of car wheels and the game is just washed out
-no msaa and depth of field breaks at 4k
-above 30fps, animations and camera start to break
-tons of bugs
+Ability to mod original music back in

So I hope ps5 version will be amazing... but no music, they will probably fuck with depth of field since it will run at 4k and I doubt they will change the dof sample rate

tl:dr I still keep 360 around since it's the only true way to experience gta IV as it was meant to be, with proepr music and graphical effects.

My fav ad that represetns how the game should look. The game on pc misses this dithered shadows, blur and dof.... and its washed out

Game gets a bad rep because pc version looks like jaggied, washed out shit. The game is build with this bloom/gloom and heavy depth of field in mind

This looks better to you

than this

Oook.

I remmeber framerate being so horrendous on 360 most of the time in the 20s when driving. I played both versons and PC looked almost next gen at full 1080p and ran so much better on my Q6600 when driving framerate in the 40s. My friend was shocked when I told him that this is not some new GTA but just with an ENB installed. GTA looked that much better than any ps3 exclusive at the time.

Last edited:
Yeah, okay, no more new GTA is probably the consensus we should accept.

Can't blame them for milking it though.

The series will never be the same or make as many waves as it once did without Dan Houser at the helm of their games.

The One X version of RDR is mindblowing already.
Mind blowing is an exaggeration, it's much cleaner than it was before the 4K up scale but it play exactly the same and it's not like the textures or models were upgraded. It's still really cool that they were able to do what they did but it's not mind blowing in the least.

Vick

Mind blowing is an exaggeration, it's much cleaner than it was before the 4K up scale but it play exactly the same and it's not like the textures or models were upgraded. It's still really cool that they were able to do what they did but it's not mind blowing in the least.
I used that term because for a 2010 title the game in 4K looks, well, mindblowing.

100% fake of course. Has any "accidental Amazon listing" ever turned out to be true? I mean, if the game was leaked on Amazon and nowhere else.

Honestly, GTAV is the much better game overall. However, IV has some of the best physics and NPC AI in gaming. That game was truly ahead of it's time when it released. if Rockstar made a decent remaster I would be happy to double dip with Niko and friends.

Good times:

Last edited:
I still remember when my best friend bought this for 360 back in 2008. Cover systems were still fairly new, so when I asked him if he could get out of a car parked in the middle of the street and take cover snapped behind it, I was simply blown away.

People today who never played it can't possibly appreciate how truly groundbreaking it was at the time. It still holds up to this day on PC at high settings and resolution. You have to remember that San Andreas came out just a few years before it and think about that leap. It would be like if RDR2 came out in 2013 instead of GTA V. Imagine that.

This game will always have a special place in my heart. Good memories.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I hope its a whole remake and not just 4k 60 fps remaster. Mafia would be a good example.

This looks better to you

than this

Oook.

I remmeber framerate being so horrendous on 360 most of the time in the 20s when driving. I played both versons and PC looked almost next gen at full 1080p and ran so much better on my Q6600 when driving framerate in the 40s. My friend was shocked when I told him that this is not some new GTA but just with an ENB installed. GTA looked that much better than any ps3 exclusive at the time.

That's not fair. The 360 footage is over exposed. Looks like brightness and saturation sliders turned to max. Other than that it looks better to me.
The enb footage looks great but It's too inconsistent. The filler looks good only in some weather and time of day. And I think it lost some atmosphere. You would know this if you tried vossvar enb presets. They run terrible and look like shit. I have no idea how he made it look like this in the video but I've tried modding this crap years ago and it always ended up looking like shit.
Besides. Comparing vanilla to modded is stupid

Last edited:
Top Bottom