• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto 4 Complete Edition Listing Spotted For PS5 On Amazon

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I still remember when my best friend bought this for 360 back in 2008. Cover systems were still fairly new, so when I asked him if he could get out of a car parked in the middle of the street and take cover snapped behind it, I was simply blown away.

People today who never played it can't possibly appreciate how truly groundbreaking it was at the time. It still holds up to this day on PC at high settings and resolution. You have to remember that San Andreas came out just a few years before it and think about that leap. It would be like if RDR2 came out in 2013 instead of GTA V. Imagine that.

This game will always have a special place in my heart. Good memories.
Exactly. The amount of detail in physics and amazing graphics blew everyone away at the time. And the story was great too. Only issue was the bowling and no in mission checkpoints... And no gta before that had checkpoints. It was their stupid tradition

Daffy Duck

Very very fake....but it’s got me interested in revisiting GTA IV, I’ve got my 360 disc still, does it play well via back compat on Series X? Or is it better to to get the PC version and install some mods?

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Tell me what you didn’t like about the game?

For me the story and the setting was the best in the series.

It's actually pretty hard to tell what I didn't enjoy about the game. I just found it very boring overall. It just wasn't interesting for me at all.

I also thought the story was bad in gta v, and the only character I really liked was Trevor.

Bailed pretty quickly from this one. Didn't find the story, the characters or the gameplay that engaging, and the scope felt far more limited compared to San Andreas. I'd argue even GTA V's campaign aged a bit by now, so I don't think I'd enjoy this remaster at all - if it's real at all.

Last edited:

Blond

Banned
Ignore the modded footage. The vanilla pc version is washed out and too bright. It always was but it can be partially fixed with contrast and brightness sliders which are reversed...
And no. 720p version on pc looks worse because 360 uses msaa
You do know if they wanted to use MSAA we could just go into AMD catalyst/Nvidia control panel and just override the ingame AA with MSAA right? Which shouldn’t matter better no amount it AA will not make GTA IV a clunky slow mess to play.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
You do know if they wanted to use MSAA we could just go into AMD catalyst/Nvidia control panel and just override the ingame AA with MSAA right? Which shouldn’t matter better no amount it AA will not make GTA IV a clunky slow mess to play.
don't talk out of your ass. msaa can't be forced on gta iv pc

Blond

Banned
don't talk out of your ass. msaa can't be forced on gta iv pc
Yes, you can put MSAA not only in GTA IV but literally any game you want! The beauty of PC gaming that we don’t have on consoles is they have option’s that would never be available to you. Here’s some choice quotes for you:

Selecting Anti-Aliasing Mode enables three options:

1. Multisampling Anti-Aliasing (MSAA): MSAA improves image quality by reducing aliasing at the edge of textures, however it cannot remove aliasing on transparent textures such as fences

1. Use Application Settings – Provides the 3D application with full control over the level of AA applied. Image quality is controlled via the 3D application graphics settings.
  2. Enhance Application Settings – Offers the flexibility of improving on existing AA used in the 3D application, by having the driver apply a second pass of AA.
  3. Override Application Settings – Allows Radeon Settings full control over the level of AA applied to the 3D application.

Selecting Override Application Settings enables different levels of AA to be applied to the 3D application.

It’s okay to eat crow now.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Yes, you can put MSAA not only in GTA IV but literally any game you want! The beauty of PC gaming that we don’t have on consoles is they have option’s that would never be available to you. Here’s some choice quotes for you:

1. Multisampling Anti-Aliasing (MSAA): MSAA improves image quality by reducing aliasing at the edge of textures, however it cannot remove aliasing on transparent textures such as fences

1. Use Application Settings – Provides the 3D application with full control over the level of AA applied. Image quality is controlled via the 3D application graphics settings.
  2. Enhance Application Settings – Offers the flexibility of improving on existing AA used in the 3D application, by having the driver apply a second pass of AA.
  3. Override Application Settings – Allows Radeon Settings full control over the level of AA applied to the 3D application.

Selecting Override Application Settings enables different levels of AA to be applied to the 3D application.

It’s okay to eat crow now.
Well no shit sherlock... What are You trying to prove here? I am a pc gamer since 1997... and You try to teach me how to apply msaa?!
You can't force msaa/aa on deferred lighting games. At least not some. It's an option which barely works after around 2008 when deferred lighting got so popular.
Gta iv is a game YOU CANNOT force msaa on. It never worked. not with amd, not with nvidia and it probably never will work.

Only thing that works on gta iv is downsampling but that breaks depth of field or just using fxaa/smaa but it's weak.
You ever even played this on pc? get outa here...
It looks decent enough at 4k with fxaa but I have other problems with pc version

Last edited:

Blond

Banned
Well no shit sherlock... What are You trying to prove here? I am a pc gamer since 1997... and You try to teach me how to apply msaa?!
You can't force msaa/aa on deferred lighting games. At least not some. It's an option which barely works after around 2008 when deferred lighting got so popular.
Gta iv is a game YOU CANNOT force msaa on. It never worked. not with amd, not with nvidia and it probably never will work.

Only thing that works on gta iv is downsampling but that breaks depth of field or just using fxaa/smaa but it's weak.
You ever even played this on pc? get outa here
Yes, I played it on 360, PS3 (my preferred version, most stable frame rate) and PC and would still dump the 360 version in the trash.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Yes, I played it on 360, PS3 (my preferred version, most stable frame rate) and PC and would still dump the 360 version in the trash.
ps3 version runs at 640p with no MSAA and worse framerate than 360... but better quality tv shows due to more bd space.
360 is 720p, msaa x2 and a bit better fps than ps3.
Both ps3 and 360 versions look better/more correct than pc version. if You look just at a resolution, You miss the whole point of comparing graphics

Last edited:

Blond

Banned
ps3 version runs at 640p with no MSAA and worse framerate than 360... but better quality tv shows due to more bd space.
360 is 720p, msaa x2 and a bit better fps than ps3.
Both ps3 and 360 versions look better/more correct than pc version. if You look just at a resolution, You miss the whole point of comparing graphics
Personal preference, but the 360 versions framerate bounces all over the place but PS3 generally being at 28-30 most of the time feels smoother than it going anywhere from 25-60 on the 360 and I felt like it looked better because back then I was playing on a 27 inch IPS glossy display so resolution on the console didn’t really matter to me.

Concern

Enjoyed gta iv quite a bit. If they do an "enhanced" version I'd probably give it a shot as long as physics ain't messed with.

Then again, if its not much of an enhancement. Its always backwards compatible on the series x. Won't be nickel and dimed on a half assed remaster.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Perhaps we should do a list of which missions would be allowed in 2020/1.....

DinoD

This is the only game (on PS3) that actually gave me motion sickness. It would literally make me ill after playing it for more than 1 hr. I gave up after 6th mission or something like that.
Go figure.

Orta

Banned
If Rockstar imsists on trotting out the same old shite over and over and over give us a remastered GTA3 ffs.

Have Rockstart started to count backwards? Have the new millenial snowflake hires not studied roman numerals and think IV comes after V?

This game was shite when it originally came out, those saying otherwise have short memories or crap taste in games.

Royal-Slime

Banned
It's good news for console players but I already have the game on Steam since last year Steam sale (6$ :D ) . I wish they would do Red Dead Redemption port / remake instead because GTA IV is playable on Xbox via backwards compatibility + the PC version doesn't require much power. Red Dead 1, on the other hand, is stuck on PS3 and Xbox 360 with 30 fps.

Would be nice if they did a GTA IV + Red Dead Redemption 1 port and bundled it for like 50$ and do separate listings on PSN/XBL with 30$ each.

Have Rockstart started to count backwards? Have the new millenial snowflake hires not studied roman numerals and think IV comes after V?

This game was shite when it originally came out, those saying otherwise have short memories or crap taste in games.
If you think GTA IV is bad, you are one spoiled baby :D

Last edited:
I really hope this is true, please let this be true, day one purchase.

The Amazon video looks pretty legit to me.

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

Kim Kardashian fake.
Frustrated World Cup GIF

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Man I need to go back to this game, it’s been more than a decade since I played it on 360 and I hardly touched it on PC.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights

Yeah, 4 was my least fav GTA. The expansions were nice tho.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I’m currently playing it on the Series X. It runs at 60fps

nice. my fav 360 graphics (original gta iv vision) but finally at a normal framerate.
Wonder if 60fps breaks something but should be fine. Shame the bc version has the music removed even if You have a disc :(

If the online modes are available, that would be cool.

But honestly, I would rather have a Bully remake using Rockstar's current engine.

Top Bottom