• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto 4 Complete Edition Listing Spotted For PS5 On Amazon

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
Rather have San andreas and Vice City remaster than this, IV was overblown and had a trash story.

EDIT: Also the controls were trash as always

Last edited:

Dacon

Banned
I would love to get a version of GTA4 that can run at a consistent 60fps, some better lighting and textures would be fine but I'm still butthurt by the horrendous performance of the game on pc.

waquzy

I would love to get a version of GTA4 that can run at a consistent 60fps, some better lighting and textures would be fine but I'm still butthurt by the horrendous performance of the game on pc.
It runs at 60fps on XSX

Last edited:

MarlboroRed

For some reason always felt more satisfied playing GTAIV with all its jank compared to GTAV. Can't even tell you why, I just enjoy it more for some reason.

kyliethicc

Imagine if Rockstar remastered all their old games.

GTA 3 + Vice City + San Andreas
GTA 4 + Lost + Gay Tony
GTA 5
Red Dead Redemption remastered to similar level as RDR2.

It'd be so cool if they did this as a way to build up hype for a GTA 6 in like 2023.

waquzy

GTA 4 + Lost + Gay Tony
GTA 5

It'd be so cool if they did this as a way to build up hype for a GTA 6 in like 2023.
Yeah it would be cool, however only GTA V will be remastered, none of the others will.

NeoGiffer

tenor.gif

azz0r

Banned
If I buy PS4 Grand theft auto 5, do I get the updated edition for free thats coming out soon?

Last edited:

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Started replaying it on the XSX and playing in 60fps is sweet. If they upgrade the visuals, draw distance etc. I'll re-buy again for the 4th time đź‘Ť

Now R* please also do next gen remasters of GTA3, San Andreas, Vice City, Bully and Red Dead Redemption

Last edited:
S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I really hope this is true.

GTA IV was a great game that would benefit greatly from an overhaul and enhancement. Still has one of the best protagonists out of the series, and the storyline was great. I still think the game has many small details that were ahead of it's time. The driving was a lot of fun, too. I like that the cars had weight to them.

Tg89

GTAIV is a game I had an absolute blast with and beat within the first couple weeks. Also a game I'd probably never revisit. Cool to give people the option though.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
So let me get this straight.. Not only is Rockstar secretly working on a GTAIV remake/remaster, they're also doing an original trilogy remake/remaster ánd a RDR remake?

While at the same time working on next-gen version of GTAV, AND presumably working on GTAVI?

200.gif

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
So let me get this straight.. Not only is Rockstar secretly working on a GTAIV remake/remaster, they're also doing an original trilogy remake/remaster ánd a RDR remake?

While at the same time working on next-gen version of GTAV, AND presumably working on GTAVI?

200.gif
Doesn't Rockstar have many different studios though? It could be possible the main Rockstar North is working on GTA V/VI whilst others are doing the remasters. I could be wrong, just a thought.

I don't remember hearing about a RDR remake, I have a feeling that is probably not happening. Crazy how many games I would like to see Rockstar revisit though, they have a crazy good library of titles.

EDMIX

GTA 4 + Lost + Gay Tony
GTA 5

Knowing Rockstar, they probably will. They remaster often and imho they need to keep that same energy for stuff like Red Dead like, Bully got ported, Max Payne got ported, GTA 3, VC and SA got ported........proceeds to not port Red Dead Redemption 1 to PS4 or XONE despite literally having the sequel on those systems lol

So I don't know whats going on with that, its clear they are probably making a remake of Red Dead 1 using that Red Dead 2 engine as it would answer why a Remaster doesn't exist. If GTAIV is getting some overhaul, it shows why they didn't port it last gen either.

SJRB SJRB ???? huh? Rockstar THEMSELVES are unlikely working on it, it was probably outsourced to another team that actually does that type of work. Its like saying Naught Dog is working on The Uncharted Collection and Uncharted 4 and The Last Of Us 2.

(proceeds to ignore that is 3 different teams)

I mean....even if we say they are indeed working on all of them, more argues they CAN do that then can't. Even if we fucking ignore outsourcing, did you literally forget what they ported just last gen?

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1004-CUSA03506_00-SLUS209460000001

So imagine saying that, then ignoring this happened just last gen...^

yet hey, they randomly want no more money and won't port or remaster for the first time....based on what?

Last edited:

MeteorVII

It’s kinda sad to think that this, RDR, L.A. Noire and RDR2 were what Rockstar/Dan Houser was capable of the whole time, and instead they just chose to make silly, satirical, forgettable nonsense like GTA V for most of their career...

When they actually wanted to, they could create some serious, dark, mature, complex, introspective and memorable games.

GTA 4 will forever be the greatest GTA game ever made.

YCoCg

Modders have fixed a lot of the bugs in this crappy port, there's even a pack for it that's easy to install:

This one guy has even done the vehicles by using assets from GTAV and Max Payne 3:

assurdum

Banned
I have played it, it really is locked to 60fps most of the time, youtube it.

What I'm saying a game can't be locked "most of the times". Locked means it stay at 60 FPS all the time. But anyway seems quite stable doesn't expect it at all.
However:
Frame Rate Statistics
17Mean Frame Rate59.79fps58.9fps44.07fps
18Median Frame Rate60fps60fps42fps
19Maximum Frame Rate60fps60fps60fps
20Minimum Frame Rate47fps30fps18fps
215th Percentile Frame Rate60fps54fps28fps
221st Percentile Frame Rate52fps
Drops exist as expected.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
What I'm saying a game can't be locked "most of the times". Locked means it stay at 60 FPS all the time. But anyway seems quite stable doesn't expect it at all.
However:
Frame Rate Statistics
17Mean Frame Rate59.79fps58.9fps44.07fps
18Median Frame Rate60fps60fps42fps
19Maximum Frame Rate60fps60fps60fps
20Minimum Frame Rate47fps30fps18fps
215th Percentile Frame Rate60fps54fps28fps
221st Percentile Frame Rate52fps
Drops exist as expected.
This would not surprised me

Top Bottom