• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto 5 PS5 Version Gameplay - Peformance RT

faisalasif

Grand Theft Auto V is a 2013 action-adventure game developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games. It is the seventh main entry in the Grand Theft Auto series, following 2008's Grand Theft Auto IV, and the fifteenth instalment overall.

The Grand Theft Auto 5 PS5 Version is live on New zealand Store:

Grand Theft Auto 5 (PS5) Performance RT Gameplay​

Calverz

Think Oprah Winfrey GIF

Hugare

The loading time is the game changer here

GTA Online has the worst loading times that I've ever experience in any game, to the point that I droped that shit because it was unplayable

~ 15 seconds to boot Story mode is awesome.

I expect GTA Online to explode in popularity even more

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Look at how fucking blurry the textures in the mid distance are.

qSUxscR.png

What the hell is this?
Pedestrians? Cars? These cities are mostly still way way too empty (I know this is not the busiest it gets, but still.

We should have better than what we have below now (Spider-man is only a step in the right direction for me, not the target), even if everything was a bit less detailed, we need cities with large crowds, tons of cars. Life…

xpaKTB0.jpg
i5bCKkz.jpg
q3kYcR4.jpg

XHwHXj5.jpg

Looks excellent to me. I mean GTA V is still a great looking game in my opinion, even the PS4 version due to Rockstar's superb art design, but the image quality, 1080p resolution and last-gen textures are the things let it down a lot on PS5. This new build seems to polish up every to current-gen standards, including adding ray-tracing and at 60 fps too. At £8.75, this is a bargain on PS5 and I personally am very much looking forward to replaying the game from the start again. For the fourth time (PS3, PS4, PC and now PS5!). I have no interest whatsoever in GTA Online, never did before and certainly don't now. I'm revisiting this purely for the excellent story mode.

Last edited:

Caio

Grand Theft Auto V is a 2013 action-adventure game developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games. It is the seventh main entry in the Grand Theft Auto series, following 2008's Grand Theft Auto IV, and the fifteenth instalment overall.

The Grand Theft Auto 5 PS5 Version is live on New zealand Store:

Grand Theft Auto 5 (PS5) Performance RT Gameplay​

This guy shouldn't be allowed to play any racing game...

This Game still looks good enough...hopefully we will get GTA6 before the end of this Generation, and play it at 4K/60 ray-tracing on the Remaster for PS6 and Next XBox...

I found a first comparison video between the PS4 and PS5 versions. It looks much more improved than you would think. The draw distance is hugely improved. Also, it looks like they completely changed the color grading in some scenes.

Wow, it honestly looks like a pretty big upgrade. Do I see a little bit of bounce lighting on the characters?

Edit: I wanna see what the grass looks like with RT shadows. It should make a massive difference on small stuff like grass blades.

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
I found a first comparison video between the PS4 and PS5 versions. It looks much more improved than you would think. The draw distance is hugely improved. Also, it looks like they completely changed the color grading in some scenes.

PS4 version is really this blurry mess or the video is really bad?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Wow, it honestly looks like a pretty big upgrade. Do I see a little bit of bounce lighting on the characters?
I am seeing the time of day and atmospheric fog related change more then detail in this video, higher framerate and resolution do suck plenty of power for sure… still…

Top Bottom