• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand theft auto 6 details.

What different side of criminal subculture? If it's easy to figure out, what would be a good story for a GTA game in which a female protagonist would be better than a male? Think about all of the good crime movies and shows like Heat, Scarface, The Godfather, Training Day, Sopranos, and Breaking Bad and imagine changing some of the male criminals to females. How would that work out? Make Tuco a female in this scene...

It would be goofy like Saints Row.

You are taking pre existing shows, shows that were obviously written for a male lead, and trying to transplant a woman into those same scenarios. You do realize how utterly moronic that sounds right? You do realize how shitty your rebuttal is because of how moronic that sounds right?

There is a massive difference between having a story written from the ground up with a female lead in mind versus taking a pre existing piece of work and just swapping genders.

I'm kind of astonished this even needs to be explained to you.

rolandss

So... with a Female lead how will you have sex with the prostitutes and killing them to get your money back work now? Or will they have a change up and you can be a prostitute have sex with the dudes and then kill them for rest of their money?

I kinda want the multiple characters again.
Or you can bang male hookers or random dudes at clubs.

Blue Apple

You are taking pre existing shows, shows that were obviously written for a male lead, and trying to transplant a woman into those same scenarios. You do realize how utterly moronic that sounds right? You do realize how shitty your rebuttal is because of how moronic that sounds right?

There is a massive difference between having a story written from the ground up with a female lead in mind versus taking a pre existing piece of work and just swapping genders.

I'm kind of astonished this even needs to be explained to you.

You conveniently and predictably ignored the part of my post where I asked you to come up with a good story for a GTA game in which a female protagonist would be better than a male. Try to come up with something that doesn't involve anything sexual like being a stripper or prostitute.

List some crime shows and movies that have parts written for female leads. How do they compare to the movies and shows I listed in my earlier post?

You conveniently and predictably ignored the part of my post where I asked you to come up with a good story for a GTA game in which a female protagonist would be better than a male. Try to come up with something that doesn't involve anything sexual like being a stripper or prostitute.

List some crime shows and movies that have parts written for female leads. How do they compare to the movies and shows I listed in my earlier post?

Of course I conveniently ignored such a ridiculous request. You expect me to lay out a screenplay for you to convince you it could be done? Hahahaha

brap

Banned
Of course I conveniently ignored such a ridiculous request. You expect me to lay out a screenplay for you to convince you it could be done? Hahahaha
More like you have 0 ideas and 0 effort to actually engage with people. Can't wait until it comes out and you can't play as a woman so crybabies like you can keep crying, dawson.

A female protagonist wouldn't make much sense in the GTA universe. A lot of the stuff in the games that you can do only really apply to males or usually mostly happen with males.

Plus, if they do they would likely only add the female protagonist for SJW's, so it will be cringe and the game won't be fully designed with that in mind, and many countries would not even bother buying the game.

If they put effort into it, it could be a decent game, but in the current times of radical social justice attacks this isn't the decade to be doing that.

Blue Apple

Not a screenplay. Just a quick plot and character description.

You can't do it, so you dodged it.

What prevented you from listing crime shows and movies with female leads?

Terenty

The irony is SJWs want a female protagonist in GTA for representation sake, but they themselves will be the first to raise stink on twitter because said female protagonist is written with no regard to their PC culture. The fuckers cant even realise the hypocrisy of it all

Last edited:
More like you have 0 ideas and 0 effort to actually engage with people. Can't wait until it comes out and you can't play as a woman so crybabies like you can keep crying, dawson.

It's not my job to come up with ideas, I'm not making the game. I don't work for Rockstar. The whole point of my original post was to point out how ridiculous it is to say that there is NO WAY a story could be told in the GTA universe with a female lead. But keep up this cringey little crusade you have going, it's truly a good look.

mortal

Gold Member
There is no shortage of women who are depraved criminal scumbags in the real world. Why would a female protagonist in a GTA game be a deal breaker? Huh? You can play as a female character in GTA Online...now though.

Why is this a big deal to so many people? If they do, great! If they don't, no point losing sleep over that either. At the end of the day it comes down to the execution anyway. It's weird that one party thinks GTA needs a female protagonist (it doesn't). It equally weird the opposing party thinks a female protagonist couldn't work (it could.) These feel more political motivated more than anything.

Last edited:

Blue Apple

Can anyone show any female equivalents of the characters below?

64Okgg4.jpg

I can't really think of any female characters who...

1. most GTA players would want to play as.
2. would be believable as violent criminals and not over the top and cringey.

The only possible one I can think of is Snoop from The Wire, but she's basically a smaller and weaker man.

Can anyone show any female equivalents of the characters below?

64Okgg4.jpg

I can't really think of any female characters who...

1. most GTA players would want to play as.
2. would be believable as violent criminals and not over the top and cringey.

The only possible one I can think of is Snoop from The Wire, but she's basically a smaller and weaker man.

Haha shit man, you're still going?

GermanZepp

I don't care the sex of the character if is well written. If Rockstar demonstrate something with rdr2 its that they can make great stories with fleshed out deep characters, and they always, despite the violence and extremes situations that let the players experience in the game, bring some kind of common sense out of the thing, and prevails through the game, gta IV, gta V read dead and read dead 2 . Hell, All of this of course not without address all sides of politics, ethics and even some philosophical issues. It comes to mind the Indian chief missions in rdr2. Those were so well written, like, damn son. They blow me away.

Last edited:

ph33rknot

Banned
So... with a Female lead how will you have sex with the prostitutes and killing them to get your money back work now? Or will they have a change up and you can be a prostitute have sex with the dudes and then kill them for rest of their money?

in saints row 2 you would hoe lol

ph33rknot

Banned

why I no be able to delete double post

Last edited:

zkorejo

Never thought R* will come under pressure of EEO for its main characters. I take this as a grain of salt and if by any chance its true, I will just hope that its not forced but actually fits in.

down 2 orth

The last game set in vice city was a psp game that used the exact same map. Both Liberty City and San Andreas have been reimagined for last and current gen systems. Rockstar skipping Vice City would be absolute bullshit.

Oh shit, I forgot about that one. I guess its the fourth time then.

The people most upset about the possibility of a female protag in a GTA game of all games must have the tiniest specks of glass testicles the world has ever seen.

You lot react to the concept like it was an all out attack on your pathetic masculinity, something you seem to hold onto with the faintest of grips. Embarrassing half men you are.

The worst part is you make this forum look like the woman hating, misogynist, alt-right haven that Era says it is.

Griselda Blanco Restrepo, the Columbian Cocaine Godmother. Fucking half-wits.

The people most upset about the possibility of a female protag in a GTA game of all games must have the tiniest specks of glass testicles the world has ever seen.

You lot react to the concept like it was an all out attack on your pathetic masculinity, something you seem to hold onto with the faintest of grips. Embarrassing half men you are.

The worst part is you make this forum look like the woman hating, misogynist, alt-right haven that Era says it is.

That is 100% the feeling I get from this thread. The negativity in this thread is kinda pathetic eh?

nkarafo

Wow, calm down. Just because some of us don't like the idea of a female protag in this particular game doesn't mean we hate women, what the hell did this come from? Speaking for myself, it doesn't click to me. Maybe i got used to it as is, maybe "toxic masculinity" is a part of the GTA characters. Like how some games had this "dudebro" vibe, dunno. It doesn't make me "upset" or anything, i just don't agree with it. I'd still play it though since i trust Rockstar.

In other games it might be the opposite. I don't like the idea of a female protag in GTA as much as i don't like the idea of a male protag in Metroid or an Alien horror themed game. Does that make me a misandrist too?

Last edited:
What a BS joke of a rumour or is it a humour?

R* wouldn't willingly cut it's profit in half [being generous here] just to ponder to some crazy delusional sjw's who don't even play their games. There might be multiple protagonists and one of them being female. That's totally viable.

mortal

Gold Member
Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

How about Rockstar dip into their vault and let Mona Sax take up the reigns in GTA6? 😁

5104d320a6dd1300e27027d254ea1a1e.jpg
I love the original Max Payne and that classic Sam Lake Max, but The Fall of Max Payne was a solid improved experience. Max Payne 3 was great in its own right, but I much prefer the essence of noir the first two managed to captured. I'm open for a potential sequel going a new direction altogether, although I wouldn't mind a modern noir approach.

Last edited:

Blue Apple

You were too busy typing insults to think things through. GTA fans don't want to play as this...

hraaSLl.jpg

Her type of character wouldn't even make a good protagonist in a GTA game. It would be like playing as Gus or Walt in Breaking Bad. They did some ruthless things, but they're mostly calling the shots behind the scenes. You want to be a part of the action on the streets.

Imagine a fist fight between a male NPC and a playable Griselda. Does that make you realize how silly your suggestion is?

hunthunt

Banned
Sounds good and lol @ people saying that a lady cant make a good protagonist in GTA, as if Cj, Niko and the trio of GTAV were the most credible and clever fiction characters in the world.

Whatever they do, it just will be another goofy, soulless and cringey character like 99% of the stuff that Rockstar does.

brap

Banned

GTA is unrealistic enough. Don't need to play as some scrawny twink or woman tearing people out of cars twice their size.

Solarstrike

Awesome. Maybe Rockstar has enough money now to invest in a motion capture studio instead of a rotoscope capture garage.

It would be good to go back to Vice City just because it would mean we would get an awesome metal radio station. I thought most of the music in GTAV was mediocre.

Last edited:

Verdanth

One female leading character?

Prepare yourselfs for a female Ocean's 8 GTA equivalent.

One is not enough.

Last edited:

zeioIIDX

You know...that could be super cool if it were entirely set in the 80s because that way, we'd get to experience Liberty City and Los Santos in the 80s. On the other hand, if they actually went with having all three locales in GTA VI and you could switch between protagonists again, what if switching characters actually switched between eras? Kinda like the character relegated to Vice City would be entirely in the 80s, the character relegated to Los Santos would be relegated to the 90s, and the Liberty City character would be in the present day. I don't know how that'd play out, I guess it would be crazy to basically have playable flashbacks in real time like that, I imagine stuff you did with the 80s character would affect stuff in the other two characters' worlds and stuff you do with the 90s character in Los Santos would affect stuff in the Liberty City world.

Or, fuck it...just have all three locales/characters set in the same exact era lol.

Fitzchiv

With the success they experienced with GTAV and multiple characters, it makes sense they'd stick with that format and bend a little on the mix up. They're not going single female protagonist, as they know their target demographic.

I'm more than fine with playing multiple characters throughout a single player narrative if it's fun and feels organic. If they just took a generic story and shoehorned some handbags into it you'd be able to tell.

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
I was
You know...that could be super cool if it were entirely set in the 80s because that way, we'd get to experience Liberty City and Los Santos in the 80s. On the other hand, if they actually went with having all three locales in GTA VI and you could switch between protagonists again, what if switching characters actually switched between eras? Kinda like the character relegated to Vice City would be entirely in the 80s, the character relegated to Los Santos would be relegated to the 90s, and the Liberty City character would be in the present day. I don't know how that'd play out, I guess it would be crazy to basically have playable flashbacks in real time like that, I imagine stuff you did with the 80s character would affect stuff in the other two characters' worlds and stuff you do with the 90s character in Los Santos would affect stuff in the Liberty City world.

Or, fuck it...just have all three locales/characters set in the same exact era lol.

I was literally thinking this exact scenario in my head ten minutes ago and was trying to figure out how it could work. I would love if they could pull this off.

GustavoLT

A modern Bonnie And Clyde duo protagonist!

Bonnie-Clyde-08.jpeg

He is a starting drug dealer with nothing to lose!
she is a whore tired of f* strangers!

A Story of Sex, Drugs, Love and a lot of Killing!!!!

GTA VIce

Ixiah

Banned
Spoilers, the game will be even bigger this Time, with obtuse Shooting Mechanics, bad Driving and a Story that revolves around the "Dark Side" of the American Dream, full of oh so zany one note Stereotypes and a Game that wont allow you to play Missions your Way, full of unnecessary Stamina, Food and Hygine Meters.
Because fuck if modern R* ever made a Game thats just Fun.

Last edited:

Despera

Banned
Drop the SJW bullshit already please.

The idea of playing a GTA game from a woman's perspective opens up a whole lot of creative options. If this rumor is true, revisiting VC this way is a great idea.

Top Bottom