• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto IV thread of hype and stray bullets

Status
Not open for further replies.

newsguy

Zenith said:
they stretched the box arts to fit the different PS3/360 logos. which one's the correct ratio?

From the looks of it it's the PS3 box that has the correct ratio. Niko looks a tad stretched on the 360 box. So is every PS3 game more expensive over there now? That sucks, what's the justification for it?

newsguy said:
From the looks of it it's the PS3 box that has the correct ratio. Niko looks a tad stretched on the 360 box. So is every PS3 game more expensive over there now? That sucks, what's the justification for it?
People still buy.

Flavius

newsguy said:

You answered your own question.

Money well spent I say!

Chittagong

Gold Member
newsguy said:

You're paying for potential.

newsguy

Chittagong said:
You're paying for potential.

Yeah, potential BOHICA. That's such a load of shit. I feel for the overseas gaffers, it seems like there's no standard over there. It's rape time whenever they feel like it.

Here's some info from the Xbox World 360 magazine from GTA_Shiro from GTAForums

- Ped are able to phone you by mistake
- Phone bills are payable
- They had the chances to use multiplayer
- In multiplayer you can use boats and helicopters ...
- The solo game starts in a taxi gowing to broker
- You can Activate or disactivate Multiplayer option whenever you want...
- Cheats are more than last GTA

- LC Tours are possible by helicopter, Tourist Buses and boats
- Internet Navigation In Cafes are taxed + and prostitutes are noticed in the back of small streets of Algonquin
- Mafia Is Very Dangerous in Broker with arms.
- To Go to Algonquin you must first complete a number of mission.
- Taxi are expensive
- Carburant are not confirmed
- 4rd Trailer is longer and will be ready by 10 PM GMT( New Stuff on website too)
- Peds can kiss togheter in streets
- Security Guards are availble in rich properties of the last part of the city
- The game is longer
- PS3 Download Content are underconstruction (not officialmaby there are Down. Contents)
- In pack papers are more artistic

Wandering around a few electronics stores today (looking for a Wii component cable) and they were already pushing the GTA4 pre-orders hard. If this game doesn't sell, nothing will.

Also... odd to see the price difference on that poster.

Timbuktu

newsguy said:

They're both £34.99 on Amazon.

newsguy

blanky said:
Does GTA have steeringwheel support?

They're working on a wheel just for the game, it comes with a vodka dispenser for drunk driving action. Pre-order now for the Greygoose™ edition

newsguy

gamerx said:

This is real though
343hteq.jpg

besiktas1

[ACCOUNT SUSPENDED PLEASE ADD $2 TO POST]

Edit:
ooops sorry how embarassing, :/ I've credited $10 to my EA account.

P.S.
When the fuck did this happen? (TOP LEFT?!)
zv78z.jpg

Some more info from the Xbox World 360 magazine

- You'll be able to take photos and upload them to share with people.
- There's a bunch of references to Crackdown in it.
- If you rob a bank or murder someone people will find out about it by news tickers around the city. The news tickers will also give your description.
- They point out how there are little graphical details that are really nice. Specifically how in one screenshot you can see that one driver is checking his rear view, another is looking forward and another is looking out the side of his window.
- Videogeddon arcade has a bunch of tongue-in-cheek games as well as posters that reference people that bash games.
- It's twice the size of Vice City.
- Peds will call the cops on you if they see you attacking people on the street.
- They talk about how you can go to the top floor of the Empire State building and you won't see any pop up.
- Niko's hand to hand combat comes from Bas Rutten.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
besiktas1 said:
[ACCOUNT SUSPENDED PLEASE ADD $2 TO POST]

Edit:
ooops sorry how embarassing, :/ I've credited $10 to my EA account.

P.S.
When the fuck did this happen? (TOP LEFT?!)
zv78z.jpg

captain-jack-sparrow.jpg

Methinks I see something....off.

newsguy

Dabanton said:
I hope R* aren't planning to diss Crackdown...

Well the creator of the series is the guy who made Crackdown and currently doing APB. I would hope as a form of respect Houser's guys would reference it tastefully. We've already seen the ticker in times square saying something with crackdown in it. It would be cool if it's just referenced and not made fun of. Hopefully it's not like the little True Crime vs. R* duel where there were jokes about the games on billboards throughout the cities.

raYne said:
Wouldn't be the first time they made fun of another dev's game.

Yeah I think aside from Driver they don't really mean any harm with the jabs they take at other games. I expect some Simpsons jabs also because of what that developer said about them.

raYne

SolidSnakex said:
Yeah I think aside from Driver they don't really mean any harm with the jabs they take at other games. I expect some Simpsons jabs also because of what that developer said about them.
Really? When did this happen?

*searches the internet*

raYne said:
Really? When did this happen?

*searches the internet*

It was when some crap was happening about Rockstar or Take Two not being happy about a poster in GTA and EA had the developers remove it from the Simpsons game. Afterwards the developers of the game took a couple of shots at GTA and its brand of humor.

MMaRsu

Banned
SolidSnakex said:

Also True Crime.. :p

240px-Truegrime.jpg

MMaRsu said:
Also True Crime.. :p

240px-Truegrime.jpg

There's a Getaway reference also. I forgot exactly what it was though.

Driver kind of took some jabs back by including characters around the city in Driver 3 that looked like Tommy with floaties on his arms. A pretty good reference although they really couldn't come back from Two-Faced Tanner. "An undercover cop who's more or less useless outside of his car." :lol

newsguy

SolidSnakex said:
- Niko's hand to hand combat comes from Bas Rutten.

I was going to say, what happened to Krav Maga? I saw the video above and realized both techniques are the same, basically kick as much ass as possible with anything available.

raYne

SolidSnakex said:
It was when some crap was happening about Rockstar or Take Two not being happy about a poster in GTA and EA had the developers remove it from the Simpsons game. Afterwards the developers of the game took a couple of shots at GTA and its brand of humor.
Interesting. Well, that's just one more thing to look forward to. :D

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
SolidSnakex said:

That was taken a bit out of context at the time. It turns out it was just advert posters in some kind of conference/event, not posters within the game (and it ended up being just some TT guy, not the company).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom