• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto Movie Reportedly In Development

imbrock

Banned
I mean yeah, but i would be more happy if they used all the money on gta6 instead of wasting times with this thing.
The trouble there is that there is diminishing returns on spending money on development. After a certain point you could spend billions just trying to get the game half a percent better or faster. It just creates logistics problems.

They are apparently spending ~$40 million a year on GTA6 which should end up giving it roughly double the budget that Red Dead 2 had, so honestly they can't reasonably spend more money on the game.

imbrock

Banned
Can we have some directors who really understand how game series and their story works for once?

Give it a few more years and we'll start seeing devs that grew up playing games and understand how their stories work. Ultimately though there will always be a disconnect between what the two mediums can do.

frostyxc

Why not do an anthology series based around bold heists that are around feature length, releasing one every three months with a different ragtag group of deplorables?

GymWolf

The trouble there is that there is diminishing returns on spending money on development. After a certain point you could spend billions just trying to get the game half a percent better or faster. It just creates logistics problems.

They are apparently spending ~$40 million a year on GTA6 which should end up giving it roughly double the budget that Red Dead 2 had, so honestly they can't reasonably spend more money on the game.
I understand what you say, but we have decent cpu and ssd this time on console, if rockstar want, they can make some groundbreaking stuff in terms of having a living breathing city, and everything is budget related.

Rdr2 is gonna look like a joke if they do the right moves with gta6.

Last edited:

MayauMiao

giphy.gif

mortal

Gold Member
Wouldn't a GTA movie just be a generic blockbuster action movie?

The best part about GTA games is the interactivity.

Woggleman

Red Dead Redemption would make a better movie or if they do a GTA movie do one based on IV or Vice City instead of V.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
They're choosing GTA V so that they can release it, release it again the following year, and again 7 years later. They might do a sequel, but well, it'll just get delayed.

DeeDogg_

Banned
Its not the worst 🤭 i thought it was fun

But surely this should be the most expensive videogame movie ever made,with top actors,writters and directors anything less would be shitting on GTA legacy
Gta writers or directors were never considered too act

Top Bottom