• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Damn, well the mission objective for the race finally showed up but I was immediately booted. I guess I'll try later on tonight, tomorrow or next week LOL

Managed to play for awhile, but couldnt join any missions or matches. Basically spent the time robbing up to 29k, bought a garage and then it crashes and reset me back an hour or so.

Cant be arsed now as the more usa people wake up the worse its going to get.

03sho

Ermmm online couldn't connect for me and put me back to single player. At the time before i went online Michael wasn't a playable character
Held hostage with the chinese

Now in my single player Michael is all of a sudden in the game and I can play as him. WTF????

Quote for new page

Reule

I can't even download the patch the screen just goes black when I go to update and I have to reboot the system :/
Yeah, had it happen to me. I had to turn the power off since I couldn't just restart normally.

This sort of happened with one of the Injustice updates. Basically wait till you hear the intro with the sirens and the car being jacked is over then try to update. It should go through.

Ermmm online couldn't connect for me and put me back to single player. At the time before i went online Michael wasn't a playable character
Held hostage with the chinese

Now in my single player Michael is all of a sudden in the game and I can play as him. WTF????

After a disconnect you always go back to Michael, seems to be default. Good to know that happens even if it's kind of impossible. Has anyone (story spoiler)
killed Michael in the last mission and got him back that way?

JPodz

Banned
jesus christ you people think you're so entitled to this thing working from minute one. doesnt every damn major online game have issues on launch?

considering rockstar sent out a press release explicitily stating there will be issues, and considering there was issues with the single player aspect tied into rockstar's servers, this whole thing should come as no surprise to anybody.

"i paid my $60 damnit, this should work from the second i want it to."

Patience. Get some.

Afro

Solo mode finally worked for me after trying again and again (PS3). Was also able to join a lobby with one guy in it for the first race.

One more:

0_0.jpg

What the fuck,

All I wanted to do was play Single player, I loaded into Online just to try it, but everything bugged out and failed.

Now when I went back into single player, I can no longer change characters at all.

Good work Rockstar, you managed to fuck Single Player with a Multiplayer Patch.

03sho

After a disconnect you always go back to Michael, seems to be default. Good to know that happens even if it's kind of impossible. Has anyone (story spoiler)
killed Michael in the last mission and got him back that way?

The thing is the next missions is with Franklin called
Fresh meat. where I am supposed to save him?
Now that isn't unlocking.

Dany

Banned
I wasn't able to connect to the online when I first tried it and when it kicked me to the single player it was the prologue. Am I fucked?

Reule

I'm glad there's character slots. Going to probably make a guy first then a gal. Seems like the female models look better than the males from what I've been seeing. Everything looks better in-game outside of the character creator though.

The character creation is pretty something though. Something that sounded good on paper but not in execution.

Evil Beaver

I wish they wouldn't have relied so much on the cloud for GTA: Online. I don't understand why I can't just save my characters locally then every few minutes or so have my console try to back that up to the cloud.

Instead the game crashes when the connection to their servers is severed.

ironcreed

Banned
jesus christ you people think you're so entitled to this thing working from minute one. doesnt every damn major online game have issues on launch?

considering rockstar sent out a press release explicitily stating there will be issues, and considering there was issues with the single player aspect tied into rockstar's servers, this whole thing should come as no surprise to anybody.

Patience. Get some.

Usually, multiplayer is available the day you buy a game. But here it was delayed for two weeks and still is not working. I think the complaints are more than justified.

tranciful

Can you have more than one character? Or would I have to use a separate PSN account? Does the save file corruption problem happen on both consoles or just one?

Darko

the character I made earlier today and played online with is completely gone... glad I didnt put too much time into it.

The thing is the next missions is with Franklin called
Fresh meat. where I am supposed to save him?
Now that isn't unlocking.

Have you tried switching through all characters, back to Franklin and see if anything happens? Had a similar problem with a Strangers and Freaks mission that suddenly disappeared.
If not, try playing another mission first maybe.

Evil Beaver

Solo mode finally worked for me after trying again and again (PS3). Was also able to join a lobby with one guy in it for the first race.

One more:

0_0.jpg

It seems like they got rid of the vignette filter. Do you have a choice in which phone you can choose? The iphone, windows phone, or droid?

Twinduct

Ugh the intro was novel the first 4 times, but after the 15th or 16th time I can't help but feel that they could have done slightly more.

Usually, multiplayer is available the day you buy a game. But here it was delayed for two weeks and still is not working. I think the complaints are more than justified.

I'm convinced this forum is riddled with Rockstar devs ever since I got threatened with a ban for posting an image of a concrete wall with a texture not loading properly.

So, is my single player game fucked now?

I cannot change characters and I need to be Michael for the next mission but I keep spawning as Trevor?

Any work arounds yet?

jediyoshi

Sooo... It's obvious this was delayed to prevent it from hurting review scores, yes?

How delightful.

Seeing as how beta testers weren't have such connection problems, it's obvious this is more a function of a million people hopping online at once, like the case with any online launch. So obvious.

Majine

Banned
Stuck in "Launching session" for a race, with nothing to do to quit out of it.

Also, the pop-in in the intro was extreme. Like right in my face.

Reule

My Xbox just fell and my CD is scratched... no online for me. I'm so lucky.
That sucks, sorry. I remember buying the first Left 4 Dead at launch for 360. I put it in and then accidentally bumped it with my foot. Garbage disposal noise then fear set in.

Lunzio

Silly that some of y'all are saying that this would be a detriment to the scores when you haven't actually had the chance to play it.

Online roll-outs are always messy. Though not excusable, it's certainly not unexpected. Shouldn't necessarily detract from the experience as it was not the intended one, nor is it fully functional. Let a few days pass, play it, then judge it.

Desaan

Patience. Get some.

finger.gif

Seeing as how beta testers weren't have such connection problems, it's obvious this is more a function of a million people hopping online at once, like the case with any online launch. So obvious.

Any ....ANY ONLINE LAUNCH.

Played COD before, as much as I dislike those games, they work perfectly day 1.

At least they work this shit has broken my single player.

Seriously why are people defending this?

Top Bottom